Thread: PTR Patchnotes

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    PTR Patchnotes

    Holy mother of mammaries!

    - Abolish Disease and Cure Disease can now be cast while in Shadowform.
    - Levitate is now castable on others.
    - Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
    - Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.

    While the second 2 are pretty meh, the first 2 are freaking awesome changes.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    552

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Does this mean I can pay priests to make me fly?

  3. #3

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Holy mother of mammaries!

    - Abolish Disease and Cure Disease can now be cast while in Shadowform.
    - Levitate is now castable on others.
    - Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
    - Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.

    While the second 2 are pretty meh, the first 2 are freaking awesome changes.
    OMFG, WIN! Constructive post isn't now constructive enough but.. WIN!!!!!

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Just read through the rest of the news:

    Priest: Mind Flay - Fixed a bug with targeting where you would not deal damage if not facing the target while channeling.

    No mention of mindflay ticks coming in at irregular times. So it seems, win some lose some. Just like in RL!
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  5. #5

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Hell yes, but where was all that when leveling? I could have used the levitate buff on my party members.
    Abolish in Sform? That is a freakin blessing answered .

  6. #6

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    And you missed the Coh part..... has a 6 second cd now, wich is a punch in the stomach for all deepholys

  7. #7

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Geschan
    And you missed the Coh part..... has a 6 second cd now, wich is a punch in the stomach for all deepholys
    Nah, only to the noobs who spam it because they think that's how a Priest should heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Nah, only to the noobs who spam it because they think that's how a Priest should heal.
    This.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  9. #9

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Nah, only to the noobs who spam it because they think that's how a Priest should heal.
    They're noobs because they're spamming the best and most efficient heal for a raid? Doesn't necessarily mean they don't know their class, but why not take the easy route if it's also the best one.

  10. #10

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Hm I'm loving the levitate change. ;D

    Might prove to be very usefull in some pve-encounters. Like maexxna when you get loose from the web and suposedly take falling damage.

  11. #11

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrella
    They're noobs because they're spamming the best and most efficient heal for a raid? Doesn't necessarily mean they don't know their class, but why not take the easy route if it's also the best one.
    I did not say everyone who uses it automaticly is a noob.
    because they think that's how a Priest should heal.

    Good players know it's not the way a Priest should heal.
    It's just handy in some encounters/situations.

    Also, the point behind this is that it was either a cooldown on the spell, a nerf of the spell or a change of a lot of encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    - Abolish Disease and Cure Disease can now be cast while in Shadowform.
    Time to kill Death Knights, woot!

    - Levitate is now castable on others.
    Thehe, this going to be funzor.

    - Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.
    Yay! (for soloing)

  13. #13

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    I did not say everyone who uses it automaticly is a noob.
    because they think that's how a Priest should heal.

    Good players know it's not the way a Priest should heal.
    It's just handy in some encounters/situations.
    Actually...
    CoH was probably the by far best choice in any situation where more than 3 players were hurt. It was easy to spam CoH until your manabar was a battered corpse; and in doing so you would perform the most healing and the least overhealing of all the healers. The big question wasn't whether CoH was the heal for you, the question was whether you should cast it or not. Because CoH was also way less efficient than any shaman. Leaving the healing to the shammies was probably almost always the right thing to do. When things went below 50%, you would be there to stabilize the raid very very quickly.

    CoH was that. A stability heal. You cast it and as long as you kept on casting it, it acted as a raidwide HoT. Things didn't die, the shammies had time to land their chain heal. It wasn't a heal to top people up, that was the shaman job. Most priests used it as such though, and because we could if the druids were generous with their innervates, the shammies sort of got unemployed when overzealous priests went bonkers. Was it overpowered? Oh yes. But it was used because it usually was the best tool for the job.

    The 6 second cooldown means you can not use it as a raid healing spell anymore. But it's not really useful as a stability healing spell anymore either. And then, what is the point of it?

    Also, the point behind this is that it was either a cooldown on the spell, a nerf of the spell or a change of a lot of encounters.
    I disagree strongly on this.
    Raiddamage was designed for CoH. Not the other way around.
    Because CoH could outheal raiddamage fast, the raidwide damage got faster, and harder.
    With CoH and WG decimated, the only way to do the same amount of raid healing now is to stack 6-8 shammies or 5x PoH'ing priests. But I don't think blizzard want us to stack that many of any one healer type anymore. As such, the raidwide damage will have to go down.

    The main question most priests are asking now is - why specc holy?
    That is a very good question.

    On topic, my guild's shadowpriests just got very happy
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  14. #14

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Now, if they could only do the same with Hymn of Hope as they did with Cure/Abolish disease.

  15. #15

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Now, if they could only do the same with Hymn of Hope as they did with Cure/Abolish disease.
    and make it instant cast!

  16. #16

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    As you mentioned, the issue with CoH and WG was that they were starting to have to design encounters around groups having/stacking those effects in order to make them challenging at all. With this change, they can cut down on raid damage to some extent without trivializing all encounters. If they had to base the raid damage on an encounter to challenge groups that bring CoH healers, groups without CoH healers are then at a severe disadvantage in many cases. Not impossible to overcome, but that goes against what Blizzard is trying to do with bring the player not the class.

    I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I don't think it will be raid slot ending for priests.

  17. #17

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Now shadowpriests dont have to go out of shadowform to not get raped by deathknights

  18. #18

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    The main question most priests are asking now is - why specc holy?
    Ummm, the ability to manipulate the FSR, GS, SoR, lower CD on ProM, the ability to get more points out of spirit itemization, the fact that you're still a good AoE healer just not in the spamtastic sense as before, ummm ... pancakes.

    Pick one.

    Holy is still a perfectly fine spec, Disc is a more interesting paladin healer, Holy is what holy has always been, the gap filler.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Now, if they could only do the same with Hymn of Hope as they did with Cure/Abolish disease.
    Indeed. And concerning the CoH nerf: While I hate holy with a vengeance (if I want to heal I'll spec disc and feel like dpsing while healing thank you very much) I would have prefered the suggestion where even GC wrote that it is interesting: Giving it the arcane blast touch. Every CoH you cast gives you a buff for a few seconds that stacks, and each buff increases the manacost of CoH by a certain amount. That way you couldn't spam as much as you could now, but in life or death situations you could at a higher mana cost.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  20. #20

    Re: PTR Patchnotes

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Every CoH you cast gives you a buff for a few seconds that stacks, and each buff increases the manacost of CoH by a certain amount.
    Yep... like arcane blast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •