Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: PTR Patchnotes Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Inside
    -Judgement of Wisdom now give each attack a chance to restore 2% of the attacker's base mana. (Old - 1% of the attacker's maximum mana)

*Hotness. Seems like a Buff to those who are 80 and do not stack int.

-Seal of Blood/Martyr now deals 27% of normal weapon damage. (up from 22%)

*Awesome.

-Seal of Command now Gives the Paladin a chance to deal {0.45*Min Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} to {0.45*Max Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} additional Holy damage. (Old - Didn't scale with Spell Power)

*Awesome.

-Vengeance now stacks up to 5 times. (Up from 3)

*Be interesting to see how RV and Vengeance work together for DoT Stacking. May or May not be better than SoB/SoM. (Probably Not)

/Inside
    not SEAL of vengeance, but Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside
    -Judgement of Wisdom now give each attack a chance to restore 2% of the attacker's base mana. (Old - 1% of the attacker's maximum mana)

*Hotness. Seems like a Buff to those who are 80 and do not stack int.

-Seal of Blood/Martyr now deals 27% of normal weapon damage. (up from 22%)

*Awesome.

-Seal of Command now Gives the Paladin a chance to deal {0.45*Min Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} to {0.45*Max Weap Damage+0.45*0.23*SpellPower} additional Holy damage. (Old - Didn't scale with Spell Power)

*Awesome.

-Vengeance now stacks up to 5 times. (Up from 3)

*Be interesting to see how RV and Vengeance work together for DoT Stacking. May or May not be better than SoB/SoM. (Probably Not)

/Inside
    Has anyone confirmed this cause those changes are not on the official blizzard site

I'd just like to point out the lack of "care" once again on blizzards part.

Instead of their seemingly complex and probably bug causing, 30s shared CD crap, they could've just made forbearence last 30s, fixing that in all of 10 seconds of work achieving the exact same thing.
    -50% damage in bubble could've been hotfixed in, and was considerably easier, before the to the ground nerfs, which they now end up having to raise seal coefficients back up to "fix".

JoW - 2% base change, is about +30% better for int-less ret, and prot, but consider that prot only really needs JoW returns when offtanking or overgearing.
    However for anyone with 2x base mana, its even, with 3x base mana its a -33% nerf and 4x a -50% nerf. Baseline utility loss fix yet again, when a Holydin is JoWing for the raid and there is no ret present.

The question is:
    are we getting our single target taunt?

Divine Shield The penalty has been changed so that all damage done is reduced by 50% in place of an attack speed penalty.

I honestly believe you all are reading this wrong. We will still have our invincible button we will just do less damage when bubbled I rarely use my 12 seconds to do dmg I use that time to heal up quick and HOS my arena partner or healer in the event I am running a dungeon. I dont see this as a major nerf.

I guess this may cause us to lose a few more duals but I see these changes as an improvment to our class.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Pretty simple calculations to figure this out.

Either 2% of base mana - 2% of 4500 mana
    Or 1% of max mana - 1% of 7xxx mana (whatever it is when raid buffed)

You would have to have 9k mana buffed for it to be a nerf.

It will be a nerf to casters who have a small base mana pool but tons on their gear.

No, I meant will blizz be changing the % from 1% of max to 2% of base or leaving it at 1% base. Obviously this change is good for ret/prot and I saw they reposted in detail that this was indeed the case. Like I said in response to my own post, more whining from casters/hunters...not sure why they want to keep raid mana return...