1. #1

    Which stats are more important ?

    Hello all

    Just looking for a little help.

    Which stats are most important for a destruction lock (excluding the obvious need for balance from the equation)

    If i had 2 identical weapons, with one exception, 1 weapon has 45.91 crit (1%) the other has 32.79 haste (1%) - hope these figures are right, which would generate more overall dps ?

    Thanks in advance for the reply.

    Beelz

  2. #2

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    If the question was that simple you probably wouldn't have had to ask it

    It's obviously going to depend on where ur crit and haste are already at, but generally high gear lvl locks end up going for haste.
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

  3. #3

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by V
    If the question was that simple you probably wouldn't have had to ask it

    It's obviously going to depend on where ur crit and haste are already at, but generally high gear lvl locks end up going for haste.
    Only because of lack of options for the most part.

  4. #4

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Only because of lack of options for the most part.
    If only this were not true, Blizz doesn't believe in options. YOU WILL ALL BE AFFLICTION!!! And at least half of you will hate it!!! From blizz have a nice fucking day
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

  5. #5
    Legendary! gherkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,003

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Hit > Spell Power > Haste > Crit > Spirit > Everything else


    However, please don't be "that guy" with zero stamina because you have 3000 spell power. Balance is key.

    R.I.P. YARG

  6. #6

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by V
    If only this were not true, Blizz doesn't believe in options. YOU WILL ALL BE AFFLICTION!!! And at least half of you will hate it!!! From blizz have a nice fucking day
    Pfft Afflic rocks, is the SB spam I couldn't stand...thank god I can top teh DPS charts as Afflic again (haven't seen that since freakin T4 in TBC)

  7. #7

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Pfft Afflic rocks, is the SB spam I couldn't stand...thank god I can top teh DPS charts as Afflic again (haven't seen that since freakin T4 in TBC)
    You misunderstand me. Afflic is really that good if the player is really that good. And yea sb spam made life boring and had me wishin for encounters to be ridiculously hard to make up for my class being ridiculously easy. However sooo many locks are so unhappy with affliction (and no i am not one of them) that they are rerolling/emoquitting. Blizz needs to give another option, even if its just a spec where u can keep up but will prly never beat the afflic lock, A player, even a srs raider shouldn't have to hate every waking moment of a raid.
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    62

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Blue Post says Demo is not getting nerfed. Just something they were trying on PTR with a bunch of other stuff they decided not to go forward with.

  9. #9

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Hit > Spell Power > Haste > Crit > Spirit > Everything else


    However, please don't be "that guy" with zero stamina because you have 3000 spell power. Balance is key.


    Not true at all

    Haste =/= crit =/= spirit (depending on how much is on the item)

    If an item has 60 spirit and another has 1% crit. I'll take the spirit. +20 damage and bigger LT's > 1% crit.

  10. #10
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,355

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    affliction spec roxs if u got the skill to make the most of it, but since its so hard for most locks the roar from lockcommunity been huge.
    so blz will change it, either simplify it or as I hop cos i can handle it now, give it more damage too ;p

    in most fights affliction should do more damage than destro, not to mention the 4set bonus is worse for destros cos they tend to want to lifetap many times in a row while affe can throw 1 LT here and there to fit the cycles and hence get better use of the 300 spirit

    i missed affe being a valid spec sooo much in TBC, cos your so independant with that spec, you can gain more life/mana than destro not to mention crappy demospec.
    The best thing about Kremlin posters is that as soon as you voice something they have to mention the US.
    Their awe and love for the US is truly great and I commend them for their love of their fellow men.

  11. #11
    Legendary! gherkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,003

    Re: Which stats are more important ?

    Quote Originally Posted by weezel


    Not true at all

    Haste =/= crit =/= spirit (depending on how much is on the item)

    If an item has 60 spirit and another has 1% crit. I'll take the spirit. +20 damage and bigger LT's > 1% crit.
    I didnt say equals (=)

    I said that point for point, one stat is greater than another. This means that 1 Crit Rating is greater than 1 Spirit. Not 1% crit.

    1 Crit > 1 Spirit.

    However, and this is highly dependant on gear, it roughly works out to 1 Crit Rating = 2 Spirit. So in your case of 60 spirit vs ~32 Crit Rating (1%), the crit would win out in the end for DPS. However, spirit might be a stat you're lacking and thus you need bigger lifetaps.

    It's all relative, and I only offer my A > B > C as a guideline. If everyone followed it to the letter, we'd have 10hp warlocks with 40k Shadowbolts.

    R.I.P. YARG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •