Which stats are more important ?

Hello all

Just looking for a little help.

Which stats are most important for a destruction lock (excluding the obvious need for balance from the equation)

If i had 2 identical weapons, with one exception, 1 weapon has 45.91 crit (1%) the other has 32.79 haste (1%) - hope these figures are right, which would generate more overall dps ?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Beelz

Re: Which stats are more important ?

If the question was that simple you probably wouldn't have had to ask it

It's obviously going to depend on where ur crit and haste are already at, but generally high gear lvl locks end up going for haste.
    Nice girls don't, But I do.

Quote Originally Posted by V
    If the question was that simple you probably wouldn't have had to ask it

It's obviously going to depend on where ur crit and haste are already at, but generally high gear lvl locks end up going for haste.
    Only because of lack of options for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Only because of lack of options for the most part.
    If only this were not true, Blizz doesn't believe in options. YOU WILL ALL BE AFFLICTION!!! And at least half of you will hate it!!! From blizz have a nice fucking day

15+ Year Old Account

Hit > Spell Power > Haste > Crit > Spirit > Everything else

However, please don't be "that guy" with zero stamina because you have 3000 spell power. Balance is key.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by V
    If only this were not true, Blizz doesn't believe in options. YOU WILL ALL BE AFFLICTION!!! And at least half of you will hate it!!! From blizz have a nice fucking day
    Pfft Afflic rocks, is the SB spam I couldn't stand...thank god I can top teh DPS charts as Afflic again (haven't seen that since freakin T4 in TBC)

Quote Originally Posted by DressdtoKill
    Pfft Afflic rocks, is the SB spam I couldn't stand...thank god I can top teh DPS charts as Afflic again (haven't seen that since freakin T4 in TBC)
    You misunderstand me. Afflic is really that good if the player is really that good. And yea sb spam made life boring and had me wishin for encounters to be ridiculously hard to make up for my class being ridiculously easy. However sooo many locks are so unhappy with affliction (and no i am not one of them) that they are rerolling/emoquitting. Blizz needs to give another option, even if its just a spec where u can keep up but will prly never beat the afflic lock, A player, even a srs raider shouldn't have to hate every waking moment of a raid.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Blue Post says Demo is not getting nerfed. Just something they were trying on PTR with a bunch of other stuff they decided not to go forward with.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Hit > Spell Power > Haste > Crit > Spirit > Everything else

However, please don't be "that guy" with zero stamina because you have 3000 spell power. Balance is key.

Not true at all

Haste =/= crit =/= spirit (depending on how much is on the item)

If an item has 60 spirit and another has 1% crit. I'll take the spirit. +20 damage and bigger LT's > 1% crit.

15+ Year Old Account

affliction spec roxs if u got the skill to make the most of it, but since its so hard for most locks the roar from lockcommunity been huge.
    so blz will change it, either simplify it or as I hop cos i can handle it now, give it more damage too ;p

in most fights affliction should do more damage than destro, not to mention the 4set bonus is worse for destros cos they tend to want to lifetap many times in a row while affe can throw 1 LT here and there to fit the cycles and hence get better use of the 300 spirit

i missed affe being a valid spec sooo much in TBC, cos your so independant with that spec, you can gain more life/mana than destro not to mention crappy demospec.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by weezel

Not true at all

Haste =/= crit =/= spirit (depending on how much is on the item)

If an item has 60 spirit and another has 1% crit. I'll take the spirit. +20 damage and bigger LT's > 1% crit.
    I didnt say equals (=)

I said that point for point, one stat is greater than another. This means that 1 Crit Rating is greater than 1 Spirit. Not 1% crit.

1 Crit > 1 Spirit.

However, and this is highly dependant on gear, it roughly works out to 1 Crit Rating = 2 Spirit. So in your case of 60 spirit vs ~32 Crit Rating (1%), the crit would win out in the end for DPS. However, spirit might be a stat you're lacking and thus you need bigger lifetaps.

It's all relative, and I only offer my A > B > C as a guideline. If everyone followed it to the letter, we'd have 10hp warlocks with 40k Shadowbolts.

R.I.P. YARG