Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Goodbye 0/41/30. GG Blizz :(

Posts like this make me shamed for the lock community, especially the fact they stated that these changes wouldn't happen makes this thread little more than a proverbial storm in a tea cup. End of the day - no raid leader wants to take some whiney you know what who says "oh its ok I'm doing 1k dps... my spec is gimped". Get a clue, learn a rotation etc. With less than 20% crit I was still speccing desto (yes... I am a fire mage with more stamina, a pet and no down time and I don;t care if people call it "just a fire mage" - I'll take big crits over dot watching any day), and now I have over 20% crit plus the tier set bonuses I'm still fine with the spec

End of the day - make excuses, whine about changes that may/ may not happen. At the end of the day of you are miserable you won;t get many invites back.

Every time someone makes a post like this, I want to slit my wrists... Nerfs happen, and the QQ gets annoying...

No more locks in wow... YAY? no more fear = death. Now Blizzard please, turn you attention on Rogues, then mages w00t LOVING the XPAC!
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Vertue
    No more locks in wow... YAY? no more fear = death. Now Blizzard please, turn you attention on Rogues, then mages w00t LOVING the XPAC!
    Sounds like you're having trouble in a lot of different places. I just don't think the nerf train is going to catch up to your bad-player train.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

Quote Originally Posted by Dinamic
    Lack of utility? You've got to be kidding me. You have several raid wide buffs. You can say some other class can bring the same, but that goes for every other class now pretty much. You have soulstones, healthstones to pass out, and I've seen banish used more often than sheep in this xpac. You were THE dps caster in TBC PvE. It was always better to bring another lock if the old "bases" were covered. I'm sorry a lot of people got used to the amazing synergy between spriests and locks (and with each other), but now you're back to a slightly changing equal field with your fellow dps.

You're in the same boat now that really anyone trying to dps is in. With Shamans, DKs, Paladins, Priests, and Druids able to properly dps, there is just a lot more competition for a couple spots.
    Incorrect, the problem was we were doing appropriate DPS numbers whilst Hunters were blatently overpowered (still are) and Mages scaled real poorly.

Shamans, DK's, Paladins, Priests and Druids are all hybrids. I don't give a fuck, in equal gear we should not be getting out DPS'ed by them by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    Incorrect, the problem was we were doing appropriate DPS numbers whilst Hunters were blatently overpowered (still are) and Mages scaled real poorly.

Shamans, DK's, Paladins, Priests and Druids are all hybrids. I don't give a fuck, in equal gear we should not be getting out DPS'ed by them by a long shot.
    Hm.

The game has changed. Blizzard set the benchmark for hybrid dps to fluctuate around 95% of the dps of a pure. You can either accept it, or live in the past. Whether or not you "give a fuck" is 100% irrelevant.

Blizzard and anyone else capable of counting knows the problem with locks dps post 3.0 was ISB and Spriest synergy. Blizzard has stated on multiple occasions that these were the problem in causing lock dps to scale too much. The current state of this synergy is proof enough. Mages did scale poorly, but it couldn't have been fixed without requiring another type of synergy or making an individual mage dps as much as a single warlocks benefiting from the multi warlock/spriest setup.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

95% damage of a pure class = in which case, warlocks get fucked over royally compared to hybrids and other "pures" (God damn, I don't like using that word, sounds very disturbing). Yes, I am talking about dot removals, heals and avoidance and general mitigation other classes have while lock is doomed to die - prove me wrong, but locks are in a grave disadvantage.

Oh yes, don't you just LOVE people saying "its just a minor patch! dont expect much" when all you need to do is take a look at OTHER classes changes in the same, minor patch.

redblade

I have a hunter and a lock... Both had seen end game raiding to killing KJ before the big nerf in TBC, and both had seen 1850ish on hunter up to 2000 arena rating on the lock 'till end of season 3.
    Do I just love to torture myself? Dunno, but I realy love these 2 classes, and I would never play anything other....

And now I have a warlock and a hunter, and with all honesty, I don't know which one is more fucked up in pvp... And seeing as I am forced to quit real raiding due to the trainings I have at evening usually at raid times, I only have arenas as something I can focus on.

But unlike most warlocks or hunters, I know a few things:

1). Blizzard has no idea how to fix / improve classes or balance out. (thus all the USELESS skills given)
    2). Blizzard made locks OP once, long ago, and started small steady nerfs... which kinda didn't stop after a full year still... Until they messed up the class...
    3). Blizzard crapped upon hunters the verry day arenas ware invented, as they obviously do NOT know what to do with a ranged phisical class in tactical pvp. Even to this day, they rape and pee on hunters and don't give a f**k.

Conclussion...
    Sucks to be a hunter or a lock, ay? So, reroll or accept the fact: "Sometimes you win, sometimes you get fu*ked up the ass by a more powerfull force and can't do a thing about it"

Since no one has pointed this out yet, even though its on the main page of mmo-champion,

We are not nerfing Demonology
    There are some patch notes that reference nerfs to Demonic Tactics and Demonic Knowledge. We are NOT making those changes.

There is always a risk when data mining that you pick up something incorrectly. Hunters made dartboards of us (well more dartboards anyway) when someone thought we had nerfed Wing Clip by misreading a mob ability.

But before you take it out on MMO-Champion or anyone else, these were some actual changes we were experimenting with. Unfortunately, they were part of some other changes that we have decided to not go forward with at this time and when viewed in a vacuum appear to be a nerf to Demonology.

To reiterate though, the changest to Demonic Knowledge and Demonic Tactics are not going to show up on live.

PTRs are a little like betas. We want to try some things out. We plan on updating the data a couple of times if we can.

And yes we have other warlock changes we are working on. Hopefully they will be available on the PTR as well, but no promises. Sometimes changes take time. Believe me, I get impatient too when I know changes to my class are coming. (Source)
    Just because they are trying something on the ptr does NOT mean start the QQ war.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by redblade
    But unlike most warlocks or hunters, I know a few things:

1). Blizzard has no idea how to fix / improve classes or balance out. (thus all the USELESS skills given)
    2). Blizzard made locks OP once, long ago, and started small steady nerfs... which kinda didn't stop after a full year still... Until they messed up the class...
    3). Blizzard crapped upon hunters the verry day arenas ware invented, as they obviously do NOT know what to do with a ranged phisical class in tactical pvp. Even to this day, they rape and pee on hunters and don't give a f**k.
    Sorry but i just had to reply to this childish response.

To point number one, YOU are playing the number 1 mmo game in the world where over 10 million (or more?) people play everyday and night with 10 different classes, 30 specs, PVE and PVP and they have to make each one balance with each other in different situations. Not only are they trying to do that, if you dont realise they just did a MASSIVE class overhaul to pretty much every spec in the game to make it balanced and viable. yes VIABLE that includes hunters' and warlock specs.

They are aware of the problems that are going on, jesus christ these people arent stupid. 3.0+LK was just to get the game and the initial content shipped. The real game will beggin with 3.1 when they tune everything together and release harder content with better gear (and better stats which they need to tune again... and again... and again)

And for the rest of you moaning as soon as the "nerf bat" comes out. If you have learned anything from Beta its that blizzard flood the test realms with ideas, then trim the edges and alter it around to see how it works. Like painting a picture you draw a rough outline then go in with the detail.

anyway thats me done, just give blizzard employees a break until something bad hits live, especially GC, the game wouldnt be half of what it is without GC

Since I saw the notes i spec'd 31/40 to just try it out & im actually enjoying it because when the next patch comes out only a small little thing with this spec will get nerfed the demonic knowledge from 4% to 3% imo not that big of a deal

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...31150035000000

Is my current spec, im enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by macaframa
    Since I saw the notes i spec'd 31/40 to just try it out & im actually enjoying it because when the next patch comes out only a small little thing with this spec will get nerfed the demonic knowledge from 4% to 3% imo not that big of a deal

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...31150035000000

Is my current spec, im enjoying it
    there will not be any DK or DT nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah
    there will not be any DK or DT nerfs.
    They aren't nerfing it??

Edit: didn't read the other page but im happy now!

if the changes go live deep demo will get a bit of a buff from demonic empathy being a 15 second buff vs a 3 spells or 15 seconds whichever comes first.

So if you have to spec deep demo for raid utility (no ele shaman) then its a help. Does scare me they went straight to nerf mode and no buffs to pvp which is where we are hurting most.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    if the changes go live deep demo will get a bit of a buff from demonic empathy being a 15 second buff vs a 3 spells or 15 seconds whichever comes first.

So if you have to spec deep demo for raid utility (no ele shaman) then its a help. Does scare me they went straight to nerf mode and no buffs to pvp which is where we are hurting most.
    Well, as intended every 51 talent point should be better than hybrid specs, just too bad demon hangs in between shadow and fire. Basicly it's the shadow bolt spam spec with maybe an added DoT and perhaps an Immolate. As far as it goes in my guild de Meta/Ruin warlocks complain it's way boring.