Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Join pug Naxx, enter instance, gets raid ID then gets kicked before start.

So i joined a pug naxx. Enter isntance and gets saved to it. Second i enter i get kicked so now i have 6 day lockout. Anything i can do to reset it?

Re: Join pug Naxx, enter instance, gets raid ID then gets kicked before start.

Nope, same thing happened to a group of mine months ago for Mag's Lair. Leader cleared the instance before, and then formed enough group with nobody aware he already cleeared it, got full group, every1 summoned, and then people started walking in, and they were like wait somethings wrong mag's is gone, and then every1, including me, retartedly walked in to see what they were talkinga bout, saving us to the raid, pre cleared, and leader inturn started spamming LOL in raid. Openned a ticket with a gm and they said "you should be more careful with who u party with" how the heck are u suppposed to know the RL is a dick?

i say a warning saying u are about to get saved to this instance/raid if u zone in.....

Blizzard will never, ever, ever, ever let anyone reset their raid id. The minute they let one person do that, it would open up all these people trying to reset their lockout claiming the same story as yours. They've made it very clear that they will not let anyone try to game the lockout system, so you're kind of out of luck unfortunately.

It sucks when it happens but not a whole lot you can do about it. Just remember the asshole people you grouped with and never group with them again.

wtb the return of cascading instances

WTB less 12 year olds.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Feressveco
    WTB less 12 year olds.
    do you want younger raid leader? oh noes...

Take down the name, go back next week and clear it on tuesday.

Grab a group of friends and leave 1 spot saying u just need 1 more
    summon him and let him zone.
    ????
    Profit.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

15+ Year Old Account

would be a simple fix if blizz would get off their asses and do it..

if last boss is dead....

trash doesn't respawn
    no more people but the people who killed a boss get saved

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith

if last boss is dead....

trash doesn't respawn
    "simple fix" does not always correlate to "simple programming". This would not stop people from griefing in this manner either. It just means people would not kill the final boss before they decided to be douche bags. The warning about being saved to a raid ID is a good idea too...but again, that wouldn't stop people from griefing, they would just have to be more patient about it.

Unfortunately, people are always going to be douche bags, and if that means they have to invite someone...let them tag along for 1 boss kill then kick them before loot is looked at or awarded...douche bags would still abuse the raid lock out. Hopefully it can/will be revamped to decrease the number of cases...but there is little Blizzard could do to totally stop it.

I say, start inviting friends and have them come to naxx as well. 1 raid ID can only have X number of people in it...so if they haven't FULLY cleared yet...you might be able to lock out key members. That may very well be fruitless if they have already cleared everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    So i joined a pug naxx. Enter isntance and gets saved to it. Second i enter i get kicked so now i have 6 day lockout. Anything i can do to reset it?
    Stop pugging and join a guild.

Don't be so bad at the game that you need to be replaced.

<WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Stop pugging and join a guild.

Don't be so bad at the game that you need to be replaced.
    Unfortunately, QFT

3 things come to mind.

1.)A full dumbass who thinks it's funny to take 2 hours to form a pug for a cleared instance. He needs to get a life, and everyone on the server needs to put this douche on /ignore and make sure to never group with him again. We've got a guy somewhat like this on our server, thus it's very hard for him to not only get a raid going, but to get groups. However, Blizz is right not to reset your raid timer. That's a losing proposition and it's only 1 week.

2.) all that said, there would/should be a simple way to check this. Maybe being able to target somebody and find out what instances/raids they are saved to. thus if you are unsure, you can check.

3) as others have said, don't pug raids. It's a horrible. Leader spends 15mins explaining a boss fight when only a 25% of the people are listening. You wipe on it 5 times before people begin to leave. And that's only on the 1st boss. Thus in a 4 hour naxx pug, you spend over an hour on Anub'rekan, because you wipe and have to reform, etc...

Best options, there are tons of guilds out there, lots go guilds just doing 10mans. Find out who, check the realm forums, find out who is recruiting, maybe join them on a heroic run and that will tell you a lot about how they operate.

ahaha bad luck dude

one time in vanilla wow i was raiding ZG with my guildies and after we cleard it got reseted and we cleard ZG like 4 -5 times ahaha best night ever

There are a lot of things the OP can do, but before I tell you any of the tricks I want to know WHY you got kicked to start with?

Reasons for a kick from a pug raid? Because the raidleader had one of the following thoughts
    Oh wait rather take another friend/guildie to the raid
    ..drool..waitwhat...drool...
    Oh wait I am too dumb to make the raid composition work
    Oh shit the guy could roll on my purplz cuz he can use em

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith

if last boss is dead....

trash doesn't respawn
    Another possible "fix" would be how they do it in the MMO LOTRO:

Example: player 1 killed bosses 1-3 in a raid id with a PUG.
    player 2-10 killed bosses 1-5 in the guild raid.

In LOTRO now they can invite player 1 to their group and he will be converted to their id with bosses 1-5 dead.

What is not possible under this system:

player 1 killed bosses 1-3, with 4-5 still alive.
    player 2 killed bosses 4-5, with 1-3 still alive.

Their raidlocks are incompatible.

Nobody can enter the zone (if they try the game outputs "incompatible raid locks") unless the person with the
    HIGHEST lock has raidlead. Also you can check what id's exist in your group (though not to which persons they
    belong) in your raid UI. So under this system it is NOT POSSIBLE that you catch an id unaware (unless you
    do not check the Raid UI before entering the instance).

IMHO this is one of the rare cases (though several of those exist...) where LOTRO does something better than WoW.
    I think it might be a good idea if WoW copied it. It for example enables people to do the first "boring" bosses
    with a PUG (if they still "Need something from these bosses") - even several people on different PUGs - and the
    endbosses are then killed with the guild (this is a strategy people really do on LOTRO... the first two bosses
    in raid instance "The Rift" are incredibly boring, most people had the stuff they drop since ages, and there
    are tons of trashmobs while those bosses still are alive... 60% of the time needed for "The Rift" you are busy
    with those first two bosses and the trashies before them).

Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

There is another thing that can be implemented whi can be simpler. Something that provides information on the instances, H instances and Raids about how far (up to which boss) the content is cleared. this i dont think requires major changes

Quote Originally Posted by Thulbar
    Reasons for a kick from a pug raid? Because the raidleader had one of the following thoughts
    Oh wait rather take another friend/guildie to the raid
    ..drool..waitwhat...drool...
    Oh wait I am too dumb to make the raid composition work
    Oh shit the guy could roll on my purplz cuz he can use em
    It certainly does happen, but I kick people from pugs for pulling 500 dps / not knowing where the healing buttons are.

In all fairness, the pugees not the leaders are often the idiots, they're the ones with the confidence to run a raid without the organization of a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21

3) as others have said, don't pug raids. It's a horrible. Leader spends 15mins explaining a boss fight when only a 25% of the people are listening. You wipe on it 5 times before people begin to leave. And that's only on the 1st boss. Thus in a 4 hour naxx pug, you spend over an hour on Anub'rekan, because you wipe and have to reform, etc...
    we clear 10 Naxx in 2 hours and 15 minutes... naxx 25 in 2 hours and 40 minutes...
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    Take down the name, go back next week and clear it on tuesday.

Grab a group of friends and leave 1 spot saying u just need 1 more
    summon him and let him zone.
    ????
    Profit.
    This
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.