Training weapon skill?

As topic says, is there a new fancy way to train up weapon skills? I'm struggling with one-hand swords atm, and I use the Hulking Jormungers in Dragonblight (elites with ~30k hp) since they basicly doesn't do any damage.
    Now to my question, does reckoning speed it up, and is there any other way to do this faster, as in elixir of lightning speed and such?

Best regards

Re: Training weapon skill?

I don't know if they have removed skill-upping on :

Servant of _____ in the Blasted Lands.

Basically just Seal of Light and go afk for 2 mins at a time. Drink a few beers and come back. Thats the BEST way to do it.

Otherwise just fight with whatever weapon you want to train with. Regardless of your spec you will get the first 90% of the points very quickly...the last 10%ish will take a while but you will be able to still kill things.

I used to train on random weak mobs to get my skill up, but doing quests at 80 for cash or killing mobs near gathering spots (ore, herbs, etc) will do the same thing and be less mindless.

I've never had any problem killing non-elites with any pally spec. It might slow down your questing a bit but unlike a rogue or warrior you surely won't be near-death if you play it right.

Mobs in blasted lands no longer work. The shaman in SMV that don't attack until you kill their totems do still work though.

#1 Oh, I forgot to mention I'm 80 already and I cba to do anymore quests right now :P

#2 Really? Sounds awesome, tho I might get annoyed by some elementals, hmm..

right now i'm in DM north hitting the Gordok Spirits, they are really like a training dummy - but you do skill weapons up on them.
    But I really miss Seal of the Crusader (40% faster attack speed, but damage reduction penalty).
    I still miss an answer on the Reckoning talent. Does the extra attacks work with the weapon skill mechanism?

Quote Originally Posted by neehla
    #1 Oh, I forgot to mention I'm 80 already and I cba to do anymore quests right now :P

#2 Really? Sounds awesome, tho I might get annoyed by some elementals, hmm..

right now i'm in DM north hitting the Gordok Spirits, they are really like a training dummy - but you do skill weapons up on them.
    But I really miss Seal of the Crusader (40% faster attack speed, but damage reduction penalty).
    I still miss an answer on the Reckoning talent. Does the extra attacks work with the weapon skill mechanism?
    If you have a very low skill weapon, you can test it out yourself: At low enough skill levels, you'll get a skill up for the normal swing and a skill up for the reckoning swing if extra attacks work.

15+ Year Old Account

I always found the mobs that come out of SL to be a good way to skill up. The NPCs tank them for you and the rest of the attackers ignore you unless you can out threat the tanks. You can auto attack all day. All you need to do is actually be there to select new targets. I know that may be a hassle for some of you lazy people but it is about the best way i have found yet.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

there is a banished demon outside of black temple that you can lvl weapon skill. as long as your 80 you wont aggro the mobs around him

there is a banished demon outside of black temple that you can lvl weapon skill. as long as your 80 you wont aggro the mobs around him
    this hes a pitlord with 5 sorcerers channeling him. is immune to damage himself but will grant skill ups. hard to miss him, top of the BE side

For tankadins, if you feel like getting to the old passive uncrush (102.4% w/o HS) then this is one of the few advantages (the other being Garr's 500g and BS plans) - you can just go afk for ~1.5h on Garr, or 15 min for his trash (who're doable with HS rather than passive, but Garr himself isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamster1990
    this hes a pitlord with 5 sorcerers channeling him. is immune to damage himself but will grant skill ups. hard to miss him, top of the BE side
    best way to do it

I use the eggs of the dragons in basin to level my weapon skill. Only problem is that die fast when you get a 2h up to 360 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Mobs in blasted lands no longer work. The shaman in SMV that don't attack until you kill their totems do still work though.
    Unless they changed this in the last couple weeks, the shamans (I checked water and air) no longer work. I was hoping to do this myself.

Easiest way is still the banished pit lord. Just sucks when someone unbanishes him.

The servants were changed a couple months ago to no longer grant skill-ups. Good to know that demon on BT is filling in on that role.