15+ Year Old Account

Shadowpriest Mana Burn PVE Rotation?

According to the ptr notes, you will now burn 13% of a bosses mana, up to 26% of your own.

If you have 17000 mana (which I have seen regularly) and a boss has 50million that means mana burn does 2210 damage before modifications.

Is this worth it in a dps rotation?
    Is mana burn affected by shadowform?

ETC.

Thank you for your responses.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: Shadowpriest Mana Burn PVE Rotation?

With a horrible 3 second cast timer, it won't be viable. And they'll change it if it ever became a PvE raid dps spell

Let's take Malygos into account: it has 212,900 (according to wowwiki). If it's susceptible to Mana Burn (and it should be), we're going to burn 212 900 * 0.13 = 27 677 mana, which divided by 2 is 13 838.5 damage.

Now, wowwiki says that Mana Burn is Shadow school and is affected by Shadowform and so on, but if we just take 13 838.5 damage and spread it across 3 seconds we get 4612 dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Let's take Malygos into account: it has 212,900 (according to wowwiki). If it's susceptible to Mana Burn (and it should be), we're going to burn 212 900 * 0.13 = 27 677 mana, which divided by 2 is 13 838.5 damage.

Now, wowwiki says that Mana Burn is Shadow school and is affected by Shadowform and so on, but if we just take 13 838.5 damage and spread it across 3 seconds we get 4612 dps.
    Read again: up to 26% of your own. I somehow don't think you have ~56k mana.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Read again: up to 26% of your own. I somehow don't think you have ~56k mana.
    My fail, I somehow selectively missed that part :>