Thread: OP glyph?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: OP glyph?

on my pally now siting with 18k mana upbuffed i can spam hl all day and when i get low use dp its eazy mode fol spam is 4 dumb ppl

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul
    Btw, I did Loken as a paladin and I must say that EVEN MOBS HIT HARDER then that boss. And you don't need any aoe heal at all. All you need is to move away from the boss when he starts casting that aoe blast.
    I must repeat. Is not paladins not being able to heal is the other healers that TRIVIALIZED the content by being able to outheal situations where NO HEALER IN THIS GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HEAL, but start searching for boss strategy instead.
    And let's be serious, do you really think that Loken makes aoe damage that has to be healed? Wrong! If you move correctly the fight doesn't need any special heals at all.
    But well, some of you not only that don;t want to use cc anymore but want to aoe heal everything ans start making every boss tank and spank? I really don't play this game for this... And if you think that buffing all healing classes to be able to make all fights tank and spank regardless of healers, is the solution I sugest you better play another game.
    I miss the days when I was struggling to get done Shadow Labyrinth, Black Moras, Magisters Terrace, and lost alot of saturday nights for it.

So you think the glyph is OP ? or do you just feel like venting ?

yiptastic

They changed it from 10 to 20 yards in PTR.

definitely not OP.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by zarondd
    No downranking of HL hurts HL viability more then anything.

wrong.

learn to stack int and use divine plea.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic

wrong.

learn to stack int and use divine plea.

right.

still doable but that is what hurt it most.

Original post hit his head hard before posting.

A Glyph for a costly spell you only use to top someone with healing reduction effects or that is getting wacked big time and even spamming it all day doesn't come close to the healing other classes can easily get is OP now, right.

This just in, paladins = Mash of Light.
    Called like that for a reason.

In my experience, a good Holy Paladin knows the right time to use his three healing spells.

Flash of Light is good for filling in. If it's tank and spank, I dont think you need anything else, ever. Just faceroll it.

Holy Light is much more TIME efficient, I think is what someone meant, it might not be as MANA efficient, but it delivers a larger amount of healing, FASTER than what FoL can do. Nobody can keep up Holy Light spam all night and day, and your mana dips much faster than when you're using FoL, but there are situations when it SHOULD be used, and those situations are rather frequent.

Any sort of enrage effect, high damage pop abilities, and now, guess what? Inevitable AoE Damage, are all good times to switch to HL.

If you fail to use Holy Shock, you fail in general. It crits about half the time it is cast, resulting in an instant FoL, meaning you can then heal three people over 1 GCD. (Holy Shock Target, Beacon, FoL Target) Or heaven forbid it's an AoE fight and you Holy Light to AoE top off the melee.

Quit trying to assume there is one ability to end all other abilities, that not only makes you look dumb, but makes blizzard think we're ALL dumb, and the result is content tailored for dumb people.

Quit dumbing up my play time.

Hmm... actually i m not sure if it is OP, but during one of the raid night while i m doing 25m Naxx, Recount recorded abt 50% of my heal done on HL, 15% is FoL ard 10% from is from Glpyh and ard 15% from beacon.. some other are JoL and HS. i m actually quite surpised... That is on the current live server...

The ppl that say that a pally just spams FoL need to wake up and understand that we are now in Wrath of the Lich King and not in the Buring Crusade anymore.
    Here holy paladins stack INT and spam Holy Ligth. Ofcourse you still use FoL and Holy Shock but your new bread and butter spell is Holy Light with a huge mana pool. It will take quite a while to go oom if you are sitting on 26k mana with divine plea as well as replenish...

yeah, mostly FoL. Holy light = loads of mana

Quote Originally Posted by Gruitka

So you think the glyph is OP ? or do you just feel like venting ?
    No, is not OP, is just scaling nice with spell power. TBH with 1850 spell power becomes viable. Ofc depends on Holy Light, but when HL crits it feels like the Glyph becomes usefull. But not OP. Imo could be usefull in a 10 yard range, but not higher, unless they calculate the healing made to the holy light without crit. So is better as it is. Anyway, I never use holy light just to proc the glyph. Not even if I have an option to select from shock/fol or holy light.

And my post was also the reaction to a previous post where people both here and on official forums just don't want to understand the fact that the content being trivialized by some healing classes, makes the paladin look bad.