Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hand of Reckoning

Small thing that might have gone unnoticed: Hand of Reckoning.

Taunt with holy damage... Damage that scales? or just a 10 damage to tag a mob and pull it?

Any details on this new skill? (that was sooo much needed, anyone remembers the netherwing quest of the relic transporters? suicide bomb paladin ftl)

Re: Hand of Reckoning

Might've been missed? Been waiting for it for a while, a second taunt will help with Raz and enable us to do 4HM with 2 tankadins, and a 30 yard (probably) pull for retridins bloody finally.

Also good for putting an opponent in combat to stop drinking/bandaging.

It may scale a bit, but I'd put it n the same scale a bear feral faerie fire at best, so don't expect much damage.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Rathyl
    It may scale a bit, but I'd put it n the same scale a bear feral faerie fire at best, so don't expect much damage.

honestly, I'm fine even if it has a pathetic unscalable 1 holy damage built in this taunt.

Think about how much use you can have with this baby in PvP. boy...

Oh god I felt a relief when i read that there is this talent been introduced,

I immediately remembered, I was leveling in Dragonblight and i had to complete this quest were u should pull some eagles that were flying to killem for the q...

I did practically everything but couldnt find a way to pull... And i dont think i should respec just for a quest lol.

Humiliated at least i asked a nearby Warrior to party with me to pull em so i can kill em. Not that its the only thing that would help but in the silliest moments u find that "Hey, I can burn a Warrior down in 5 secs, but i cant bloody pull a bird to the ground". Bitter till now.

Also a great addition for Protection Paladins.

Overall a much needed talent.

Probably some very small damage, but I would expect it to be in the 50-100 range for damage, that seems appropriate.

Hopefully there'll be a neat glyph for it, too, one that increases range at the cost of damage, or removes the taunt for range, or some such thing.

Also, where's our Glyph of Divine Smiting? You know, the one that lets us use our Lay on Hands against an undead/demon target for holy damage equal to 50% of the healing it would have done, and additional holy damage over 5 seconds equivalent to any mana it would have restored. I want that one.

a 20min cooldown to do 6-10k damage to an undead? that's weak.

as for the single target range pull it was much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    a 20min cooldown to do 6-10k damage to an undead? that's weak.

as for the single target range pull it was much needed.
    well seeing as we are in wrath and alot of the bosses are undead and all that stuff. being able to nuke something for 10k is pretty good, and then the 20 min cd will keep other dpser's crying nerf.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    well seeing as we are in wrath and alot of the bosses are undead and all that stuff. being able to nuke something for 10k is pretty good, and then the 20 min cd will keep other dpser's crying nerf.
    I didn't say it would be like the be-all, end-all glyph, either, it could probably pass as a minor glyph, but hey, my REAL thought was that it'd be a great way to deliver an "EFF YOU" to Death Knights and Warlocks in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Draco cracona
    Might've been missed? Been waiting for it for a while, a second taunt will help with Raz and enable us to do 4HM with 2 tankadins, and a 30 yard (probably) pull for retridins bloody finally.
    Finally is right

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Finally is right
    But now what do we have left to complain about on the warrior forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Libram with +Stam, blue socket and stam as socket bonus pls

Quote Originally Posted by Cho
    Libram with +Stam, blue socket and stam as socket bonus pls
    Oh that's right!

Touche

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    More HP per stamina point...
    Some type of range closer like intercept or death grip...

No doubt this is a nice addition to our tanking arsenal.

@ all you posters who want to turn this into a DPS spell, you can forget it. This spell is intended to help pally tanks and their inability to pull ranged mobs and taunt single targets.

Yes it will be nice in pvp but don't ever expect it to turn into any kind of damage spell with a glyph or whatnot. Don't get your hopes up that there will be a glyph that changes that.

the distance closer would have to be deep in prot cus people would just QQ endlessly if ret gets it too and prot would never get it just because of that.

I wouldn't mind spending a few points in it. They could move some other talents around i suppose. TBH this is really the main reason why we don't have one yet thought. It would be way to powerful for ret pallys.

I just hate that Fury/Arms warriors get it and pallys don't. I don't see how that makes us OP. Maybe it's the combination of our survivability and not being able to be kited that makes it so OP.

All i could find on it, still curious on the damage it'll do.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hand_of_Reckoning

Hand of Reckoning is a new spell that was added in patch 3.0.8, to be used as both a taunt and a pulling tool. It has a 30 yard range and also deals Holy damage.

This ability will act as a ranged pulling device for paladins of all specs, being of particular use to Retribution paladins who have no other means of ranged pulling. This ability will be an immense help while soloing/questing.

Further, this is the popularly requested single target taunt for paladins due to the somewhat complicated use of Righteous Defense.
    Hand of Reckoning
    Instant cast
    30 yards rangeTaunts the target to attack you and causes X Holy damage.
    -----
    Hand of Reckoning
    Taunted.
    Duration: 3 seconds

-------

Type Utility
    School Holy
    Cooldown 8 seconds
    Edit;
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....90900187&sid=1

Second reply.

Your Hand of Reckoning hits for 2625 holy damage ( Critical , 1610 Overkill)

THATS HOW PALADINS TAUNT
    Most likely a joke, not to sure but that's not bad for a 8sec instant cast as a tuant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    Most likely a joke, not to sure but that's not bad for a 8sec instant cast as a tuant.
    No... that's tank damage for you. It's just about the same as Devastate in terms of power.

Finally, i don't really care if it is 1 damage better if its more.
    "I hate to break it to you, but WoW is more than a minigame played in the same 3 rooms over and over."