Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

I've taken spirit stacking to a sick level, raidbuffed im at 1500 spirit (and around 2000 spell power). With replenishment up i estimate im at 850 mp5 while casting. Anyone who thinks "CoH spam makes you OOM instantly" has some shitty gear. I stop casting and its like i just received an innervate. Anyways...

So now i have a gear set which is optimized for raid top and spot healing, basically exclusively for a spec which is going to die next patch, but will not really fit for any spec other than holy due to the huge amount of spirit. What do you other healers plan on doing that dont have a crit/haste set for disc? Sucks that I've spent majority of expansion getting gear for a spec that is useless now.

Maybe we can QQ enough to get blizz to make spirit usefull in disc tree since its usefullness in holy has been greatly lessened.

In summary i dont care that a spell is getting nerfed, just that my ENTIRE fricken gear set is being shat on.

Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene
    So now i have a gear set which is optimized for raid top and spot healing, basically exclusively for a spec which is going to die next patch
    Sucks that I've spent majority of expansion getting gear for a spec that is useless now.
    Maybe we can QQ enough to get blizz to make spirit usefull in disc tree since its usefullness in holy has been greatly lessened.
    If you think that Circle of Healing relies on Spirit Gear, and Circle is the only reason to spec Holy is the reason to Spec deep Holy, you are far mistaken. A spammable Global Cooldown does not translate to "omg its okay I have tons of spirit".

As to what spirit is good for:
    You still have Empowered Healing, Spiritual Healing, Spiritual Guidance, Test of Faith, and to a lesser extent Divine Providence, not to mention Serendipity, Improved Holy Concentration, Surge of Light, Guardian Spirit... the list goes on.

Anyways. Your spellbook has more than one spell. Your renew ticks are alot bigger than any disc priest, so do your greater heals; you have so many methods to manipulate the 5sr and get real regen, be a single target healer with a twist. Sure, Circle's getting a cooldown, doesn't mean it's still not gonna be useful.

Keep Mending bouncing around, Circle once after any AoE and do what ever else you can to try to top people off. And stop QQ'ing, seriously.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The healing style you described is awesome for 5 mans. Sure, i like to use renew, it should go on the tanks. But why would i bother wasting mana casting renew on someone who is going to be topped up in 3-6 seconds and will overheal for the rest of its duration?

CoH doesn't rely on any gear. All I'm saying is that I've gotten my gear to such a level that I am capable of spamming it like you can't imagine and reaching 7-8k HPS without going OOM and crying "INNERVATE PL0X". However, having this much spirit is useless after next patch. This patch isnt going to change my 5 man healing style in the slightest.

That list of spells you cite that you claim spirit is good for.... are you serious? Most of those spells have nothing to do with spirit. The only thing spirit would be good for is 25% of it is converted to spellpower, and sure, some of the regen is nice, but i wont need 1500 spirit to keep up a non CoH heavy rotation.

get different gear and stop QQing?????????

15+ Year Old Account

All I'm saying is that I've gotten my gear to such a level that I am capable of spamming it like you can't imagine and reaching 7-8k HPS without going OOM and crying "INNERVATE PL0X".
    This is the reason for the nerf ....

Spamming CoH is not healing, it takes alot more to be a viable healer than one spell, grats on helping blizz decide on the nerf though!

It´s not like we're 2 years into this expansion, it's only been one month so far. Just change your gear.

Fatherohealy

The CoH nerf makes spirit less important and crit/haste more important IMO. I was already stacking crit just for the fun of it but if you think about it you'll be casting more greaters and flash heals so you'll have more opportunities to gain clearcasting/holy concentration when you crit and some haste will get those long heals off faster.

I narrowly spec'd, gemmed and geared for a specific Raid role and am quite successful. Now I am wondering aloud if there is something else that can be done with the stacked regen gear to take advantage of that.

BUT all you flippin trolls/retards cant seem to read and comprehend a simple question of, what would you do with a set of excessive regen gear given that your previous sole raid duty is no longer. (well, some of you can, Fatherohealy specifically understands what im saying)

Spirit is still badass ... you scoffed but 25% return as spellpower with regen is awesome.

I'll be regemming my pure spirit slots to hybrid gems probably and try to stack haste with any new gear, but as haste grows so will your mana consumption and need for more spirit

Holy concentration hasted 1.5s GHeals are fun, but can suck your mana pretty quick.

15+ Year Old Account

The answer is simple, spec, gem and gear yourself to whatever role you are contemplating on now and save your +sp gear for later use, as far as trolls/retards posting useless replies as you say, think about your post ... the question you ask does not have a complicated answer.

Simply use the 5SR like every other Holy priest and be the one left standing the longest?

Sure it won't be optimal at first but it'll do the job while you start replacing some of it with haste / crit gear.

I'll keep my thoughts about your former role to myself, it's totally irrelevent now it can't be perpetuated.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Erm, CoH deserved a nerf. My guild lacked holy priest for KJ encounter (my main spec is shadow and I played disc in pvp) so I respecced (had t6 healing gear and all) and I ended up as #1 healer and #1 effective healer on the WWS. I threw PoM, some renews and spammed CoH like nuts when raid dmg occured (I didn't bother to throw poms on each cd or renew when it ticked off).

Now, looking at sheer numbers someone would say "Wow, that priest really kicks ass and knows how to heal!". The hell I do, there were 6 healers who were better than me any day, knew more about it, knew how to predict raid damage and all. I just had a shiny spell bound to a button I can press like nuts.

I welcome the change, it'll filter out n00b people from ones who actually invest time in learning how to heal. On a side note, after mentioned experience I started researching healing more and it's much more complex than dps-ing, but way less rewarding e-peen wise. Also, priests have PoH too, get a raid leader with knowledge and l2predict raid damage.

Also int > spi with replenisher in raid. GJ on going the wrong way for regen :>

Being a former Holy Priest in endgame content in Burning Crusade, I can tell you with certainty that CoH was the only spell holy priests usually ever had time to use in Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau for many of the fights. Its also playing a huge role in certain fights in Wrath as well, like Loatheb, Sapphiron, and Malygos where the raid is taking constant damage. Circle of Healing was pretty much the only reason to keep priests along in T6+ instances in BC minus maybe (and surprisingly) having a Disc priest with Pain Suppression to help keep those clothies alive against Gurtogg.

Circle of Healing is one of the most appealing reasons to have a holy priest along with your raid. However, it should not be the only reason. Spamming CoH really was OP, and with the new talent to increase the amount healed from it (along with other spells), its probably ridiculous now. However, Priests are very strong healers who can be flexibly assigned to tank healing or raid healing. Sure CoH won't be ungodly anymore, but priests are still very strong and versatile healers.

If you are really upset with the CoH nerf, you might want to start collecting some haste and crit gear and consider speccing deep into discipline. With its crit procs (like aegis), fast-paced casting (although most of your spells will be insntant, the Disc Priest still doesnt want to wait 2 seconds for a big heal to go off), and on-hit buffs (grace), not to mention the beastly shields specced into both Improved PW:S and Borrowed Time, it has the high potential of being a very strong main tank healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

So far, I haven't seen a healer who can outperform a Disc priest on Loatheb and it's the, by far, most fun spec I've played so far in WOTLK because it's so different.

"Also int > spi with replenisher in raid. GJ on going the wrong way for regen :>"

I challenge you to stack 1500 int. Yea, i didnt think so. I didnt say i completely went out of my way to avoid int as much as possible. Im stacking int AND spirit. Stop making assumptions.

When you manage to get 21k mana, 1500 spirit, and 2k spell power, 11% base spell crit in a DEEP holy build let me know. Until then, stfu and quit trolling.

Spirit is still the key regen stat for non-CoH healing, you realise. In fact because you won't be smashing your oversized fist on one button in a raid now, you'll be gaining more mana simply because you won't be spamming.

And yeah Int > SP > Spirit > Crit > Haste for raiding.

once people get out of old style gear and manage to stack some crit, spi will still be key if you are skilled at playing the oo5sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

As to what spirit is good for:
    You still have Empowered Healing, Spiritual Healing, Spiritual Guidance, Test of Faith, and to a lesser extent Divine Providence, not to mention Serendipity, Improved Holy Concentration, Surge of Light, Guardian Spirit... the list goes on.

Anyways. Your spellbook has more than one spell. Your renew ticks are alot bigger than any disc priest, so do your greater heals; you have so many methods to manipulate the 5sr and get real regen, be a single target healer with a twist. Sure, Circle's getting a cooldown, doesn't mean it's still not gonna be useful.
    Hes trying to say, that with cd on CoH you wont need that good regen.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Spodumene, I've done the same. Enchanted, gemmed and specced for spirit. I could spam CoH whole 25m Sapphiron fight with all possible cd's and abilities without getting oom.
    As you absolutely wont need that much spirit in upcomming patch I suggest you to stack Haste and crit, that's at least what I'll do.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

After all, if you're a good priest, you won't use CoH that often during a fight. So stacking haste and crit is not an option, but a must. On the other side, the fact I'm concerned is, that Blizz isn't nerfing AoE heal after all. Because our job is taken over by the pallies now, while they are still whining, they already are equal to priests on live (if they know how to play), but thats not interesting foranyony, because they are pallies, not priests. That class can even stac ahste and crit, without loosing theirAoE heal abilities, but is improving them evermore.

So what?

Holy priest / druid is just simply hated by some devs. It's maybe hard to say, but after all the change isn't changing anything, it's just switching things and it's also putting attention to our crappy spells.

Finally, put away your spirit, because it's already spread over all the gear and go for crit and haste, and maybe, who knows, the reason is coming back to devs, and they give us something in exanchge for destroying our best healing spell (but not the only one), as for example giving our prayer of heal some sense by reducing the manacost, the casttime, and giving it a "smart" component, so that its healing the same way as CoH.

But as long as the entire content is that easy, all these changes remain quite unimportant. But I guess, Blizz isn't thinking too much about some kind of long term solution...