Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    Holy priest / druid is just simply hated by some devs.
    Do you know how dumb this sounds? Hated by devs so they're nefing spells, it's so ridiculous to even think of that.

This game is about downing an encounter (pve), not smashing a button and laugh at paladin who healed 10% less than you because you have a more potent spell.
    You do your job, you get rewarded by loot or satisfaction of downing the boss. It's not about e-peen measured in healing meters or dps meters.

I'm so glad my guild gkicks such people instantly, who totally don't get the whole point of team work.

Anyone else but me who find all this CoH nerf QQ threads hillarious?

its like destro locks who fails completely because they cant spam shadowbolts anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by eXa

its like destro locks who fails completely because they cant spam shadowbolts anymore....
    --^ This: Win.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene
    When you manage to get 21k mana, 1500 spirit, and 2k spell power, 11% base spell crit in a DEEP holy build let me know. Until then, stfu and quit trolling.
    Armory please.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nd&n=Spodumene

If this is you then you should re-calculate your numbers there. 600 spirit and 2k mana is a little off.

Doesnt seeme like the gear is focused 100% on spirit anymore to me.... and have u heard about raid buffs?

Deleted

I am a bit disappointed with priests atm. Maybe they will get improve or not, but as the 6 second CoH nerf comes soon I would like to see prayer of healing a raidwise spell, since it is rarely a raidleader use priests according to the prayer of healing.

If you get healingassignement as a holy priest to raid heal, it's hard to compete with other healer classes since, in my opinion, Shaman's and druid's have it easier.

Maybe it is just time for a change for priests the previous glory days of TBC is over, we are becoming the "whatever-healer", jack-of-all trades imo.

However, as I survive longer in my guild than the other priests I still have a chance at the 25 mans to shine. As for gear, I stopped stacking spirit since a long time, since I rather have more spellpower atm, I am aiming to get 1000 spirit raidbuffed, 25 % crit, when i have that, I just simply go for spellpower and higher mana pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Armory please.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nd&n=Spodumene

If this is you then you should re-calculate your numbers there. 600 spirit and 2k mana is a little off.

Here ya go.

To the morons telling me to stack int, do you have more than 1300 raid buffed?
    If you have more than 1300 int, do you have 1500 spirit? What about 2300 spell power?

Even after stacking spirit so high i think i have a reasonable balance of stats. Please refer to the original question posed, which is what kind of healing would you do after you've spent time gearing just to be ABLE to endlessly spam CoH.

Quote Originally Posted by eXa

What this woman said is truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Comprise
    What this woman said is truth.
    The fact that both of you consider this a QQ thread and not a discussion on intended healing strategies once the cooldown is implemented indicates you are trolling morons of the highest caliber.

I have no helpful advice, because I don't really play a priest.
    But jesus christ, kids. Just about all of you are missing the point of this post.
    Either you're complete asshats or you're just..well, asshats I guess. There's really no other excuse.
    He's not crying, nor even complaining. He's asking a question.
    Can we be...like..less stupid..please? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Seniden
    I have no helpful advice, because I don't really play a priest.
    But jesus christ, kids. Just about all of you are missing the point of this post.
    Either you're complete asshats or you're just..well, asshats I guess. There's really no other excuse.
    He's not crying, nor even complaining. He's asking a question.
    Can we be...like..less stupid..please? ._.
    I answered the question, even offered some reasonable grounds for someone to fall back on because Holy is more than one spell. But whatever.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What the above poster said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Ive been thinkin of this "nerf" abit and yes for certain situations the nerf will lead to a slight different usage of spells, but overall (and by that i mean 95%+ of the cases) this nerf isnt affecting my healing much. Prayer of mending + renews and greaters/flashes/bindings are still as good. This is what i concluded after studying some recount recordings, and analyzing my own play. Castable every 6 seconds still is kinda frequent.

personally I am looking forward to this buff, sure it will make my life a little harder, but spamming an instant cast spell is booring, especially a smart heal.

Im pretty sure this will seperate the men from the boys, and im happy they are not doing it further into wotlk, cause if they did, all the noobs would already be geared.

gogo magic priest

At first when I saw the Circle of Healing was getting nerfed, I was furious to say the least. Not because my gear is all that awesome that I can spam it at will (even though the only place I've ever done it is Sunwell Plateau, that trash was just too much for single target healing), not because it was our only aoe raidwide heal (Prayer of Healing still limited to group, and Holy Nova aka Confetti Explosion is a joke) , but because priests have gone down from masters of survivability and basically the go-to healers in Vanilla, to fill-in-the-gap healers now. I mean, except our fortitude and shadow protection buff, we're pretty much useless now in the holy spec.When I made my priest, I read the description in the character creation screen. I think Blizzard has pretty much deviated from that.

But now to get back on topic. Fully raidbuffed I am at about 1100 mp5 oo5sr, 500 mp5 i5sr, 2100 spellpower and 21% crit. And I like the CoH spell a lot, but other than trash and Loatheb, I barely use it tbh. For Sapphiron, have all the ranged group up and let that Prayer of Mending bounce while spot healing the tank. A lot more mana efficient and healing effective. For Malygos, pretty much same thing, have PoM bounce off at all times. Loatheb will be a bit of a problem but if you time ur PoH right + a CoH cast, u can top off your group + help the other healers , it won't be that much of a problem.

So don't think of CoH spamming being nerfed as the end of the holy spec. You have a lot of spirit , but not enough crit or haste. Priests love crit now, we get haste and free spells for it, I'd go for stacking crit until you reach about 30% raid buffed, then go for haste. That high crit will surely make up for the lack of haste since you'll mostly cast 30% faster greater heals and instant flash heals. And here's a recommended rotation : PoM - Renew - Stopcast GH - refresh PoM - refresh Renew - Stopcast GH and so on. Don't forget to stick in the surge of light procs to top off people.

On a side note , what most of the priests didn't notice was that CoH and Wild Growth got a 6 sec CD, but Wild Growth is a HOT that ticks for 7 seconds, even though for less and less every tick, but CoH is just upfront healing. This is why I think it's not a balanced nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene

Here ya go.

To the morons telling me to stack int, do you have more than 1300 raid buffed?
    If you have more than 1300 int, do you have 1500 spirit? What about 2300 spell power?

Even after stacking spirit so high i think i have a reasonable balance of stats. Please refer to the original question posed, which is what kind of healing would you do after you've spent time gearing just to be ABLE to endlessly spam CoH.
    Conveniently enough for you, you edited your original post by changing the words "unbuffed" to "raidbuffed" without admitting it in order to be a smartass. Grats. I really don't see what the problem is with your gear. Spirit is still GREAT. You get all that free spell power from it(I say free because you aren't paying item points to get that extra spell power). You have insane mana regen(which they will be nerfing might I add) which means you can use flash heal instead of CoH all the time.

Regen is always good. I don't see what the big deal is here. Naxx is easy. If you really want to, you will have time to replace ALL your gear before the next raid dungeon comes out. And I really don't think you will need to.

I would umm...cast a heal? ....

when they first introduced the spell it was shit, as people got better gear it got slightly better, as people got the best gear it was great, when blizzard changed it to a smart heal it was ezmode healing... now, its just a regular spell.
    It's just a game.

Or you can give up and go shadow...oh wait, looks like you already did. Rofl. So here you're complaining about having an excessive amount of spirit and having to switch a couple pieces of healing gear, but instead you switch to dps where you have to swap out even MORE gear. Your QQ rant is worthless. Go clog up someone else's forums.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana
    This is the reason for the nerf ....

Spamming CoH is not healing, it takes alot more to be a viable healer than one spell, grats on helping blizz decide on the nerf though!
    Um, hello? are you kidding? So spamming Flash of light isnt healing? how about spamming Chain heal? I ran into a fellow guildie like you, and I beat her at her own "no spamming" game. People like you have a complex that you have to insult others and their styles to make you feel better.

I feel very similar to one of the first posters who mentioned Renews getting snipe healed, and I feel like PW:S is a waste of mana/gcd. (you can hit a CoH for the same mana and heal for 6x3000). CoH spamming is a role. Its a bandaid to keep people dangerously low health from insta death while your Pallys and druids can catch up. Learn that, try thinking deeper then just, LOL< you only click one button.

Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!!

Bad player here!

Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!!

There needs to be a tag like this that pops up when you mouse-over this thread or the OP's name. Or maybe above the title of the post. Anything would help.