Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene

    Here ya go.

    To the morons telling me to stack int, do you have more than 1300 raid buffed?
    If you have more than 1300 int, do you have 1500 spirit? What about 2300 spell power?
    THIS SCREENSHOT IS WITH PROCS you stupid prick.

    I have literally the best resto druid gear and fully raid buffed i am not at those stats, i can see what gear you have from the icons and can say you need to shut your mouth and stop lying. This pic is with at LEAST your dragon figurine proc fully stacked, and lolhit? more reasons why this is not just raidbuffed as you have at least 1 non-healer specific piece.

    Dont get me started on your shite staff.
    80 Druid, 84 Priest, 85 Death Knight, 85 Mage, 76 Shaman, 85 Warrior, 70 Warlock, 70 Paladin

  2. #42

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    I don't know why you're asking such a question to be honest. If you think you have too much spirit then you should regem into crit and haste.
    You were one of those priest that keep spamming COH over and over?

  3. #43

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene
    The healing style you described is awesome for 5 mans. Sure, i like to use renew, it should go on the tanks. But why would i bother wasting mana casting renew on someone who is going to be topped up in 3-6 seconds and will overheal for the rest of its duration?

    CoH doesn't rely on any gear. All I'm saying is that I've gotten my gear to such a level that I am capable of spamming it like you can't imagine and reaching 7-8k HPS without going OOM and crying "INNERVATE PL0X". However, having this much spirit is useless after next patch. This patch isnt going to change my 5 man healing style in the slightest.

    That list of spells you cite that you claim spirit is good for.... are you serious? Most of those spells have nothing to do with spirit. The only thing spirit would be good for is 25% of it is converted to spellpower, and sure, some of the regen is nice, but i wont need 1500 spirit to keep up a non CoH heavy rotation.
    Renew softens the incoming dmg that a tank takes, its very very useful on most fights. The first thing i think when i read your post is "This priest is the reason coh is being changed".

    I dont think most priests have a "coh set" or even a set based on Coh spam. Only on certain fights is coh my highest % heal. Coh is a crutch for a lot of people and that is changing soon. better just learn to adapt.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onmaw&n=Rikken
    there's my link if you need to check, btw fully raid buffed i'm at about 2779 sp, 510 mp5, 1100 spirit and 1300 int, put ur epeen away gettin gear in wrath is stupid easy.



    haha i love that you made sure that your gold was showing...

  4. #44

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    My Priest is not 80 yet, i can only share my experience from the first Wotlk-Instances (nexus, utgarde, azjol, vh).
    In BT I had to spam CoH very often because it was the only way to keep the raid alive - eg Bloodboil or shadowdmg on Teron.

    Now in Instances even with groupdmg like nexus first and last boss i barely use CoH. PoM is damn effective, crits for 4k+, damage is to much for CoH - I use PoH.

    While trash i just need Renew and PoM to keep the group alive. On some bosses this is even enogh heal for a tank, eg. Anub'arak (If the tank is able to get out of the pound)

    I think at 80 raiding you will not have to use coh but flash because its more effective.

  5. #45
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Thinking is good - Knowing is better.

    The problem with CoH is that it's too good, and replaces your other abilities on certain fights like Malygos and Sapphiron.

    Now you'll have to time CoH for say when you're getting up in the Vortex on Malygos, or when people are grouped up for the Ice Bomb on Sapphiron.

    It should also help make raid healing slightly more challenging than it is now, as you'll have to control whenever to use CoH or the other abilities.

  6. #46

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfire
    I dont see what the problem is . ok so im not an 80 ok so im not a end game raider , but i dont think i have ever used coh to the point that some of you are talking about. heres a healer hint , renew! flash heal and oh the occasional greater heal or binding heal if your tank is a total nub and just cant keep the mobs off you. also might want to think about shielding yourself once in a while. coh was never meant to be a cure all ok so its nice in those fights where the mob tosses everyone up in the air or slams your party around the field .. but no its not supposed to be the only spell you ever use
    You do not see the problem BECAUSE you are not an end game raider. You say it is not the only spell supposed to be used? Design says different. Hate blizzard, not the intelligent players who did what was best for the raid. In a lot of content, not only was it the only spell ever needing to be used - you did the best healing based around it.

    Of course you had other healers playing other roles, but a CoH priest was probably the strongest for his own task. Only chain healing shamans on the tank and therefore melee came close. Raid healing shamans were gimped by the casting time that let circle heal it up before they got there.

    To the OP. Regem, Re-enchant, and live to fight another day. You can still play Raid healer, especially with instant flash heals after a pretty much inevitable CoH crit. But obviously it is a different game, so find a new role you enjoy and can excel at.

    Good luck!

  7. #47

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    You do not see the problem BECAUSE you are not an end game raider. You say it is not the only spell supposed to be used? Design says different.
    Obviously design does NOT say different. Otherwise, why would they be adding a cooldown? They said it was NOT intended for priests/druids to sit there and spam their aoe heals. You are arguing against the developers? Get real.

    Mana regen isn't going to be any less useful without CoH. Flash heals are also expensive so you will need mana for those too. It's not like anyone is short on spell power either, but if you feel like it then replace your spirit/int gems and enchants with spell power/crit. Don't forget that all that spirit gives you additional spell power as well.

    And most of all...

    GET OVER IT.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Izenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    There is only one Legion.
    Posts
    4,055

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    I was sick of being forced to respec from deep Disc to Hybrid Holy to have even a chance to compete on Healing vs other classes (Holy Priests-Druids) and getting into 5hrs long mono spam button and even watching my top position with 4k HPS on the charts.

    Now I'll just wait the patch, se how it works with my equip and manage to change equip/spec if ther's something wrong, what's with all this catastrophism?

  9. #49

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Remember the days when CoH wasnt around, BC - pre-BC? Those days of 40man raids? If you answered yes to any of these 2 questions, you'll know how to effectivly raid heal and use CoH as effective spell.

    CoH with a cooldown will seperate the men from the boys.

    imo - if you are on a fight with alot of aoe damage - CoH + PoH (throw in a PoM/renew) + CoH will top most ppl off easy and then some.

    With a good amount of haste / mp5, spamming flash heals is easy mode. A little more work than spamming CoH but just as effective.

    CoH became a crutch for alot of players new to the game. Quick fast heals that take no real effort. But in end game raiding its more than standing still and healing.

    imo -A good priest will not become the lowest player on the totempole to be invited to a raid. We still have many abilities to heal a raid/single target.

    Someone mentioned that CoH was a party only heal -
    Heals up to 5 friendly party or raid members within 15 yards of the target for 589 to 651.
    It will heal whomever needs it the most within the 15 yards


  10. #50

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    At first I was angry about this, I felt like blizz kicked us in the stomach because CoH talent buffs seemed to be the best thing they gave us for wrath in regards to deep holy. I really wasn’t excited about anything else offered to us…but it was in time, and playing around with different specs that I came to appreciate the assortment of abilities we have.

    CoH did need a nerf, I do not believe our class is meant to be defined by one spell the same way shamans are. I do use CoH freely, it is my most efficient spell in regards to aoe healing with a combination of PoM and I’d be foolish not to use it appropriately because I think it’s “cheap” or that using it makes me a “bad healer”. A paladin tried to belittle my healing skills in a heroic OS run because a little less the 50% of my effective heals amounted to it (a lot of people decided to stand in aoe and not move in flame waves). Why would I sit there spamming flash heals when I could click CoH twice and top everyone off? I use it when it’s necessary…trash before Grand Widow, Saph, Malygos, Loatheb. So a good part me of finds it ridiculous when people don’t use the spell because of some sort of superior priest complex.

    With that said though…this is a blessing in disguise. I feel as if we priests can now be a lot more liberal with our specs then the cookie cutter deep holy most of us went when entering BT and Sunwell. I can have a lot more fun in disc again if I want to (I used to always be specced into imp spr instead of CoH before a previous guild needed another raid healer), and it will once again force me to think a little more on my feet with the restriction of only being able to click CoH once.

    The biggest question for me is what spec will I ultimately want to go for? Should I stick to something deep holy for the cooldown on PoM (<3), imp holy conc and Serendipity - even guardian spr? Or should I try something a little more disc heavy? Although I’ve never had problems securing raid spots before and after speccing into CoH I’d still like to know…will there once again be a spec or skill raid leaders find more favorable with holy/disc priests? I think this will come with experimenting and finding our “niche” again in the healing world.

    Btw, I am thrilled about gearing for more then spirit. I am also a bit happy…if predictions are correct…the handful of priests that might be rerolling because of this, lol. I say good riddance to those of you who think this is the “end of priests”.

  11. #51

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by maharei
    Btw, I am thrilled about gearing for more then spirit. I am also a bit happy…if predictions are correct…the handful of priests that might be rerolling because of this, lol. I say good riddance to those of you who think this is the “end of priests”.
    What he said.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  12. #52

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Holy M*****F****** Nova durdurdur.

  13. #53

    Re: What would you do with high +spirit after CoH nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    THIS SCREENSHOT IS WITH PROCS you stupid prick.

    I have literally the best resto druid gear and fully raid buffed i am not at those stats, i can see what gear you have from the icons and can say you need to shut your mouth and stop lying. This pic is with at LEAST your dragon figurine proc fully stacked, and lolhit? more reasons why this is not just raidbuffed as you have at least 1 non-healer specific piece.

    Dont get me started on your shite staff.

    Hahaha....owned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •