Disc or shadow in pvp vs. death knights

Do most priest have issues with death knights and other melee at lvl 80? Im trying to debate on if I should level a priest, shaman, or paladin. Opinions and advice would be deeply appreciated.

Re: Disc or shadow in pvp vs. death knights

well all clothyes do have problems with melly, btw go druid theyr OP and will allwayes be

The Priest class is kinda shitty ATM, lack of survival goes oom fast and is a cloth user. if I were you I should've leveled a paladin. and druids is not op >.

Quote Originally Posted by Monky
    well all clothyes do have problems with melly, btw go druid theyr OP and will allwayes be
    Wellp, we have the edge in that druids can't cure diseases....
    Come back with your shield or on it.

I do have to keep in mind that clothies we have alot of trouble, but priest run out of mana quickly?

I can hold my own as shadow against pretty much everything except DK's. Once the change to cast ablosih/cure disease goes in could possibly make it a diff story. Ive never really been disc so couldnt really tell u and with everything being changed its really hard to say. just pick what you like to do and stay with it.

i think the only melee priest wont have any problems is DK to be honest ^^ for me as shadow they are the easiest melees to kill and i really dont know why.

but i think discipline will be really fun and hard to kill once the resilience gear comes.

the gear comes soon, but dont expect too much from clothies with 80 before resilience. PvE-gear vs PvE-gear is extremely imbalanced in PvP.

level a priest, go disc (if you like to never die and with spirit on the equipment you go less oom too) mana burn them to death and have fun ^^ thats what im going to do.
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Abolish Disease is going to be crazy good for Shadow now. Stoneform was nice against DK's but now that you do not need to swap form...

You make it sound like you can live for 13 seconds without casting. Am I missing something?

Current PvP is gimped since there's no full pvp gear out. Anyway, I did about 12 Strands of Ancients today and I met two of the same DKs in every one of them. An Orc DK and Belf DK. Once I got Death Gripped, they started their thing with me and I got shot down to about 60% of my HP pretty fast (in 2 sec). I feared every time (took them 0.5 sec to break it) and I put my DP, SWP and VE on them and I put Abolish Disease on myself + PoM before shifting back in shadowform.

Now, the thing is.. they died pretty fast to 2 dots and couldn't catch me. I'm not the best pvper out there, they probably aren't either but I see no issue as the Abolish Disease totally nullified their dps on me while my instant dots ate trough them so much.