Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What's up with Tailoring ?!

    For the moment, Tailoring has 2 epic crafts per class basicly. There's the 2crafts for healers, mage and warlock. They are all BoE. And they all suck.
    What happenned to Tailoring sets being equal to T5 ? Now they don't even match T7, and T7 is pretty easy to obtain.
    I have to admit, the capes are good, and what we can put on them too, but still, is tailoring still worth it ?
    Are other proffesions get the shaft too ? A friend of mine is a blackSmith and seems pretty satisfied by what he can make.
    So what's the point of being a tailorer if everything is bind on equiped ? Is blizzard going to implement other patterns ( well of course they are ) but will they make tailoring worth the 40g stacks of 20 cloths?

  2. #2

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    I get what you're saying about having to much BoE stuff. But you figure the Embroidery and the MUCH cheaper and yet still the same leg enchants for tailors to non-tailors, is a decent trade off. As a JCer, I am happy with the JCer only Prismatic Gems. 96 Spell power just from 3 gems that can match any socket, yeah I'm happy.

  3. #3

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Just before LK I took Enchanting over Tailoring. I came to the same conclusion you just did: Its not worth keeping atm. Maybe at some point they will make som BoP items, but I cant use that now.

  4. #4

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    i agree tailoring has downgraded alot but the flying carpets are cool, but meh not worth training tailoring for, tailoring has become bit like pre wotlk engineering i must say

  5. #5

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    In one of the old blizzcasts a designer said they made a mistake with the fsw set and that it was overpowered for certain classes. I think they nerfed it a bit much, but I'm hoping that there will be new bop tailoring recipes in future raids so I don't think I'll drop it yet.

  6. #6

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Tailoring completely sux. The only thing which is cool is the BoP carpet. It's not worth putting all your cash and playtime in it at the moment. If you need tailor gear, just buy on AH or ask a friend.

  7. #7

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    To OP

    I think you forgot that the tailoring epics in TBC (Frozen shadoweave especially) Was "too" good, blizz admitted that aswell. Buy yeah, with the EZ mode epics continues even more in wotlk it's not rly worth tailoring besides the cloak enchant so I agree with that part.

  8. #8

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by solinvictus
    In one of the old blizzcasts a designer said they made a mistake with the fsw set and that it was overpowered for certain classes. I think they nerfed it a bit much, but I'm hoping that there will be new bop tailoring recipes in future raids so I don't think I'll drop it yet.
    I agree with all of you. In BC tailoring was quite overpowered and nerfinf was inevitable, though they pushed it a bi too far.
    I will also wait before droppig it - That being i have the courage to up something from 0 to 450.

  9. #9

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    I dropped Tailoring yesterday and took up JC.

    I crafted my own Ebonweave Gloves a couple of weeks ago and the Deathchill cloak.

    But once you have that why keep tailoring? For the reduced mat cost of the leg enchant? Sorry but we dont change leg gear every day or even weekly so i found that useless. Also got the flying carpet and what a let down that was.

    So i took up JC something that is always usefull, not only for oyur own but also to make money from.

  10. #10

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I dropped Tailoring yesterday and took up JC.

    I crafted my own Ebonweave Gloves a couple of weeks ago and the Deathchill cloak.

    But once you have that why keep tailoring? For the reduced mat cost of the leg enchant? Sorry but we dont change leg gear every day or even weekly so i found that useless. Also got the flying carpet and what a let down that was.

    So i took up JC something that is always usefull, not only for oyur own but also to make money from.
    Wise choise. I gonna do that also but the drawback is (on my server) that 80% of my guildmates switched from their main proffesion to JC. Looks like JC is the only valuable prof. atm. 500g after doing 1daily is omg lol.
    We need tailor daily's and better patterns!

  11. #11

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    this is the same with engineering, the craftable goggles were unreplacable until you hit T6 content and now they dont even compare to T7. Other than that Engineering has nothign else in it accept a BoE hog that you van get the mats for yourself.

    o wait you can make an insta mail box >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

  12. #12

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Actually, its all part of their new WotLK profession mindset, which i quite like...

    Pick the professions you want, because you want them, there should be no profession giving BoP benefits strong enough to scrap your previous tradeskills, and all professions have at least 1 benefits for every class...

    There is no more BoP "Best-In-Slot" like there were in Burning Crusade, now, the craftable epics are made to get you INTO Tier 7, not make you skip tier 7 and probably Tier 8.

    And yeah, Tailoring got good cloak enchants, hell they even got one to benefits the Rogue and Warrior Tailors (...i sadly know like 5 rogues that took tailoring >.< )

    Also, you guys realize that "Omg JC is more worth it lets change to that" well, when the server is at 90% made of JCs then it wont be a profitable profession at all since everybody will end up undercutting everyone else, my server had Dragon Eyes at 500g at first, and now its rapidly going down to crap because that everybody wants this 500g but decided to undercut ...I'm a tailor myself, and im going to stay that way.

    To all those that thinks "Maybe [Insert Profession Here] will get some BoP gear that's better that Tier 7" Keep Dreaming, It'll never happens anymore
    They'll just add more bonuses similar to cloak enchant and spellthreads. Maybe Enchanting will get Enchant Neck ? Enchant Wand ? Or maybe Enchanters will get those Wands that were in Beta but in BoE form, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

  13. #13

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    I just cant bring my self to drop Tailoring... I have had that and Enchanting since lvl 10 about 4 years ago.

    I think that pants and cloak embroidery possibly makes it worth it ( if nothing else ) still.

  14. #14
    Shikuza
    Guest

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    I agree that the embroiderys is one of the main reasons for keeping Tailoring on lvl 80.

    i have Tailoring and Engineering and the stuff that you get is pretty good.

  15. #15

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    [Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed] is much better than [Darkglow Embroidery] or [Lightweave Embroidery] for casters ... but i think the melee cloak enchant is nice

  16. #16

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    Actually, its all part of their new WotLK profession mindset, which i quite like...

    Pick the professions you want, because you want them, there should be no profession giving BoP benefits strong enough to scrap your previous tradeskills, and all professions have at least 1 benefits for every class...
    You know, that would be all well and fine and everything, except they fucked it up entirely and need to nerf every profession, or buff tailoring out the ass.

    Enchanting: +19 spellpower to rings...+ 38 spellpower bonus.
    Inscription: +60 spellpower enchant to shoulder + 5mp5... compared to the hodir shoulder enchant of 24 spellpower and 15 crit rating. +36 spellpower, + 5mp5, -15 crit rating, and - hodir exalted grind.
    Jewelcrafting: 3 Prismatic gems that match any slot and can do +96 spellpower... not to mention, a crap ton of money to be made
    Blacksmithing: Can add gem slots to items... obvious upgrades here
    Leatherworker: Something like +60 spellpower to bracer, and/or +90 stam?
    Alchemy: 4 hour flasks, and an ability to make money
    Etc

    Just about every single profession gives you a benefit to your stats that no one else can have, or at the very least, a means of making money.

    Tailoring, however, does not. Period.


    I'm keeping my tailoring for now, because they absolutely have to realize what they did and fix the situation. If they don't, then that is simply sad.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Gaiwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    To the poster above me:

    Tailoring: Darkglow Embroidery; Lightweave Embroidery; Swordguard Embroidery.

    Also, cloth production every four days. Cloth that is going to continue to be very much in demand.

    Go QQ somewhere else where you actually make sense.

    I like being a Tailor. It doesn't bother me that another Tailor could essentially craft my gear for me; there's just something about doing it yourself.

  18. #18

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    [Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed] is much better than [Darkglow Embroidery] or [Lightweave Embroidery] for casters ... but i think the melee cloak enchant is nice
    It actually been proven that Lightweave Does about 1-1.5% of your total dmg. that a much better increase then 23 haste

  19. #19

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    To the poster above me:

    Tailoring: Darkglow Embroidery; Lightweave Embroidery; Swordguard Embroidery.

    Also, cloth production every four days. Cloth that is going to continue to be very much in demand.

    Go QQ somewhere else where you actually make sense.

    I like being a Tailor. It doesn't bother me that another Tailor could essentially craft my gear for me; there's just something about doing it yourself.
    No. The cloths every fourth day wont be needed for very long, unless something changes.

    Why should he go QQ somewhere else? you obviously don't see the problem. Fine, but there is one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusemissile
    It actually been proven that Lightweave Does about 1-1.5% of your total dmg. that a much better increase then 23 haste
    Proven? Show it then.

    Well, fine. It is better than the haste. But other professions gains something. We actually lose 23 haste.

    Info: Good professions for mages in Wrath
    A collaboration made by me. Feel free to comment if there's anything wrong.
    This applies to all casters, though. So don't let the "mage" part scare you.

    OBS: When I wrote it, there wasn't much info about lightweave embroidery, so the math on it is a bit old, and will be updated.

    The summary:
    - Jewelcrafting will get +39 spellpower from gems, compared to the commons ones.
    - Blacksmiths will get +38 spellpower from creating two sockets.
    - Enchanting will get +38 spellpower from two ring enchants.
    - Alchemy will get +37spellpower when flasked.
    - Inscription will get +37 spellpower from shoulder enchant, compared to the common one.
    - Leatherworking will get +37 spellpower from the bracers enchant, compared to the common one.
    - Tailoring will get +24,44 DPS, but not a huge bonus compared to the common enchant; 23 haste.
    - Skinning adds +25 crit rating
    - Herbalism adds 200 spelldamage for 10 seconds every 2 min.
    - Engineering will get a helm on par with the 10-man T7, and a trinket.

  20. #20

    Re: What's up with Tailoring ?!

    23 haste is better after you get geared up and start to do over 3,5k dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •