Divine Hymn - Ever used it? How To Use it ? Pvp

Hai Dudes

This spell is really horrible, although at first i thought it was fantastic, its basicly a spell that helps your enemy.
    U cannot use this spell in bg's or pve unless your doing a guildrun and everyone is on vent, since u basicly give ps for three seconds to the other team, since if someone hits the enemy the spell will break. Its very hard to use it without someone going to break it.

the spell might work in arenas with a good coordination group, but i wonder if dots break the spell even if nobody hits them after u used it? Meaning dot classes or bleeds would make the spell useless and break it.

another bad thing about the spell, intended or not is that its on the same cd as fear, i was thinking of doing a hym+ fear combo as cc, not sure if thats the reason that it is on the same cd to avoid this long cc, basicly 14 seconds + cc from teammate would be win. the cc chain would be too powerfull if u could fear after hymn i believe.

basicly the only good use of this spell would be in smaller brackets, like 2v2, dps friend is nuking the hell out of someone, u run away , divine hymn somebody , then go and nuke together. The only sucky thing is that u can trinket out of it, wonder if u trinket out of it, that he also gets the ps buff for three seconds.

As i see it now, i would use it, to waste their trinkets, to peel someone off when your low yourself without needing help one time. This spell will only work if your teammates know when u going to use it and try to start a cc chain with it or implement it in one. Also see it usefull to cc the healer when the dps is far enough away.

Its gonna be a hard spell to use but when used properly going to be pretty decent.

So how and when would u use divine hymn? Would u try to cc dps or healers with it, would u try to cc one enemy or two enemies. its a strong antizerg counter in 3v3, if two dps nuke the healer, we hymn them and then nuke their healer.

lets hear about it,...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Divine Hymn - Ever used it? How To Use it ? Pvp

Used it in a duel a few days ago when I was disc specced. It doesn't break instantly on damage, it just has the chance to. I had DP + SWP on my opponennt and got a smite + holy fire off before it broke.

Still, the shared cooldown with fear is what breaks this spell.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Divine hymn does have 2 advantages over fear.
    1. It last a few seconds longer
    2. It does not make the target run
    3. Bigger range

Although those 3 dont seem to make up for the cast time and free PS.. if you think about it, in a good team its awesome

In 5v5, your not gonna fear 2 healers at the same time, none are stupid enough to stand so close to eachother. On the other hand, they do tend to stand within 30 yards of eachother for easy HoJ/dispell w.e. So, if your team is doing fine on surviving, pop in divine hymn and youve got 100% chance one healer will trinket in order to keep his team alive. Or ven better, if no trinkets are up then uve got a win.

Seocondly, thanks to its longer duration, it can be good for gibs in 2v2.. Once you know healers trinket is down, instead of using fear use Divine hymn, that gives u a extra few seconds to nuke the dpser

Not to mention that 1/20 games where u run in divine hymn and see 5 people incapacitated..... priceless

Nice in 2's when they also have a priest looking all smug about fear ward ;D

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

i find divine hymn usable for 2 situations:

cc healer - its easier to burn healer when he isnt running out of range and also its much easier to cast 3 seconds mind control on healer when hymn is about to end

im not sure if second situation is correct- using hymn on warrior nuking you. as u know its hard fear warrior and hymn could be useful in these situations. i just dont know if any ability of warrior doesnt remove this effect like sap.

some nice tips, manaburning and mc would be option

is it me or does the hymn come delayed? after using it, it doesnt seem to go off immediatly

also is it posible to resist the spell?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skubo
    im not sure if second situation is correct- using hymn on warrior nuking you. as u know its hard fear warrior and hymn could be useful in these situations. i just dont know if any ability of warrior doesnt remove this effect like sap.
    A warrior is beating on you and you can cast a 1,5 seconds spell without getting pummeled/shieldslammed/whatever they have?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Are you guys implying you lived through INSERT STUN/SILENCE HERE and had time to cast Divine Hymn?

The people you're fighting are doing something really wrong.

i wouldnt even use it when it would be instant cast. but maybe to chain the dd, run away and drink out of sight?
    Black is what darkness looks like.

moo.

I have found some use for it at Phase 1 and 2 on malygos and also on sapphiron. Basicly it heals for more than a CoH crit over 6 seconds on 10 targets if I remember correctly so it is situational but golden when 10 damaged players are standing close to eachother .
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"