Shadow Priest Professions

Sry if there was similar topic, but I can't find anything ;p

I am wondering about SP's professions. While Enchanting is quite nice (38 additional spellpower, disenchant and I can enchant my guilmates's items for free xD) I am thinking about dropping tailoring. Carpet mount doesnt rly appeal to me (tbh it totally sucks imo ), Leg enchant is obtainable without tailoring (Only mats are much expensive) and (almost?) all items are BoE. Cloack buff seems to be only benefit. Skilling up tailoring is also quite expensive (almost 20g per cloth stack on my server) and frustating for meh I can remember when Frozen Shadoweave set was very close to T5 items lvl - now crafted items are hopeless (at least decent for a fresh 80s) and BoE.

What do U think about dropping tailoring? If I will decide to, which professions are worth of my attention? I am thinking about Inscr (Shoulder enchant), JC (gems) and herbalism (gold provider + 2 decent CDs)

Any suggestions?

Greetings, Yo! ^^

Re: Shadow Priest Professions

Drop tailoring, and get enchanting & jewelcrafting for max performance :-)

Yeah, I have enchanting on my priest and I am sure I wont't drop it.

JC is a great idea, good advantages for a PvE and PvP, some nice BoP stuff. But I am not sure if I can make some good money with JC? Is skilling up JC very expensive? Should I have many rare recipes to fully benefit from JC?

I am just poor noobish SP withouth money and skill

And what do Ya guys thinking about Inscr?

I am hestitating between Herbalism and JC atm.

PS. This time greetings goes to my grandma \o/

Get engineer so you can run faster

Leatherworking for those imba wrist enchants!

I got mining and engineering. I can buy anything I want thanks to mining and zapthrottle... and I ride around on my motorcycle with style.

The only eternal I will ever be short on is Life... that's why my mage is a herbalist

Quote Originally Posted by Khaer
    JC is a great idea, good advantages for a PvE and PvP, some nice BoP stuff. But I am not sure if I can make some good money with JC? Is skilling up JC very expensive? Should I have many rare recipes to fully benefit from JC?
    +39 spellpower from the 3x32sp gems, and since they are prismatic it helps you with the meta gem ;-)

It'll cost you around 1500-2000g, not much tbh. But you can make ALOT of money with prospecting and gem cutting. Plus selling Dragon's Eye , still go for like 350g each.

And what do Ya guys thinking about Inscr?
    Sucks, can't make money with it.

You cannot make money with Inscription?

I call bullshit. My guildmate is making Nobles and selling them for 800g+ a pop. He's making serious bank.

Weapon Vellum III, Armour Vellum III...

Yeah... ok. Inscription sucks for making money as you make NOTHING that anyone wants.

Anyway... Inscription sucks if you are looking for some type of bonus that no-one else can get.

I went though the same dilemma. Just keep tailoring, the enchancement you'll gain from the trinkets made from alchemy or the items made for JC are negligible.

For shadow priests the cloak enchant that gives 300 mana every 1 min or 1000 to 1200 holy dmg every min are actually very good.

And the simple fact we can make the top leg enchants with very minimal materials is very convienient.

And lastly theirs the robe and gloves you can make that are BoP either though you can get t7 chest and glove tokens from badges its still something to start yourself off till you get the badges.

Lastly, its probably all ready maxed out from TBC and to raise something like inscription, alchemy, leather working or what ever you chose your going to have to either get an alt to gather the mats for you, drop your other profession to gather the materials, or buy them which will totally make you broke.

Inscription sucks on alot of servers, because people don't chance glyphs very often.

It's only a few rare ones that sell alot.

JC is good the scarlet ruby serpent socketed with 32SP gems comes with 71 spellpower and 42 hit (+the nice use) then u got still one prismatic gem 2 socket

and i got in abaout 2 weeks of wotlk like 8k selling gems on the AH... (most the chaotic skyflare diamond =) )
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

It's not really that good.

[item=42395] [item=37873]

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=42395;37873

[item=37873] is signifigent better due to the 2min CD, instead of 5min. The passive damage you could get is nice, but you're likely to replace +dmg gear othergear to make up for the hit.

31 Hit vs 71 spellpower :/
    i got mark of the war prisoner on my bank but i think the serpent is a little bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Lequina
    31 Hit vs 71 spellpower :/
    i got mark of the war prisoner on my bank but i think the serpent is a little bit better
    It's 865 more spellpower over 5min. So 173 spellpower / minute.

I forgot how to calculate it down to dps, but I'm quite certain than the War Prisioner wins easily.

shadowpriest.com ranks the trinkets. Serpent doesn't make the list, war prisoner does. The math has been done for you.

#15 Mark of the War Prisoner - Violet Hold Heroic
    57.66(139.42) = 57.66(346/6)+73*1.12

#12 Figurine - Twilight Serpent - Jewelcrafting
    60.66(107.7) = 22.66(340/15)+38+42*1.12

Twilight Serpent (socketed with 2x32 spellpower prismas)
    93,66(140.64)=71+22,6(340/15)+42*1,12

maths > those 2 guys above me
    event the fugurine socketed with 2 19 sp gems is better than the mark

sry i called it ruby serpent before cause old one was ruby

The difference in hit is still remarkable. I'll rather use Dying Curse at the end of the day.

dropped yesterday... crappy mage won it -.-

but b2t... juwelcraftig and enchantig would be the best 2 go for
    gets u an advantage of 77 spellpower (3x13 of prismas + 2x19 ring enchants)

i rolled Jc and i liked it! the 32 dmg gems are a nice boost + you dont have to worry for meta coulors anymore ... really pays off.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's