Page 1 of 2
LastLast

the might be pvp solution for warlock

i`m not playing the warlock class a long time yet, but i put some serious tought to 2on2 arena.
    its clear that affli + soul link aint gonna work because of our med. surv. and low dps compared to the hp of everyone..

I think we have to go full focus 2on2 dubbel dps and i am experimenting with 37/17/17.
    this tact comes down to having: curse of exhaustion/improved howl of terror.
    soullink/improved succubus.
    shadowburn/ruin/distructive reach.

you have better surv. vs a rogue now couz of succubus and you can cancle 1 of the players out for a long time while still helpen in the dps trough some dots/shadowburn/shadowflame.

the destructive reach is absolutely needed to give you more room to work your magic

Let teh feedback come

Re: the might be pvp solution for warlock

I'd go w' 0/20/51 using succy/soul link in demo and getting all the nice direct dmg skills from destro. Shadowfury, Shadowburn, conflag, cb, 1 second searing pains w' 38% crit buff plus gear...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gcusMZVf0qrGuAoAcoz

Glyphs of shadowburn and searing pain give enough crit to be dangerous especially early in the gearing cycle. Shadowfury, insta seduce, and deathcoil give you breathing room....stun/daze procs are just gravy. A seduce can interupt an enemy healer.... You still need to be able to insta resummon the succy. She is squishy (like all pets) but can at least be in stealth and be able to CC a target. Also of note is nether prot which makes mages survivable while you are silenced. 20% mitigation from SL and 60% from nether prot takes the edge off. Immo/conflag to keep dispels from happening. Plus the first time you hit a CloS rogue you may scare them into vanishing and blowing another cooldown. If fire gets kicked/pummeled/etc you still have shadow and vice versa plus your succy can still CC when you can't. Its not great, but its what we got atm
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Couple of BG's....and one night of horde capital city raiding. Did fine there. Requires ALOT of focus though. Still doesn't work vs CC immune opponents (bladestorm, killing spree, hunter/pets, etc) but can get the job done elsewhere. Tested it 1v1 vs an ex gladiator rogue buddy and did better w' it than meta or haunt. (wasn't expecting much) Does have oom issues that require timing to safely tap but I'm living long enough to go oom.

Just too much trouble w' dispellers and dots. Everything is burst now. Dmg Over Time just doesn't compete unless we can outlast the other side. Since survival is our problem atm dots are a bad mechanic to rely on. If we are forced into a different world of pvp we need to think and strat outside the box. As a raid leader if one strat isn't working I'll try another. If dot, drain, outlast isn't working what are we left with? We can't really tank melee so much anymore w' no armor and super squishy pets. I just can't seem to panic a healer w' haunt and the uptime of haunt, ua, corr, immo, SL, CoA is alot of casting w' half of it stationary. Actually haunt builds do better in bg's since there typically isn't a pocket healer on your target.

The succy has similar HP to the felpup now and while she doesn't take abuse well none of our pets perhaps the VW really does. At least she can stealth and CC herself out of trouble. If she dies from SL dmg I'm already dead so I'm not too worried there. So far full crafted gear and a couple bits of S5 is giving about 5-6% crit reduction. I'm not sure how much some people will have the first week or so but realistically at 80 itemization is weak. If you have say...20% crit from gear, 20% more from glyph of searing pain, 10% from talented skill, and 5% more from devastation that overcomes quite a bit.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

i aint practiced arena's yet with 37/17/17 but i noticed that if i have the opening i can easily cr8 allot of room between 2 enemys and keep 1 cc'd atleast 20 - 30 secs (trinket included). in these 20 - 30 secs i can choose what to do depending on my dps partner and other enemy.

with a rogue r mage you can have their sheep/elemental or blind to give you more time. (this requires good communication between you and youre arena partner).

what it comes down to.. is that together you can keep most classes out of battle for 35 - 45 seconds while being able to 2on1 dps another class.

i think if i have some arena experience with this build and devised the strat for every possible counter combo that it will work.

keep in mind that our possibilities for 2on2 dps are with allmost every dps class :P so something must work with us being master cc's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxz
    i aint practiced arena's yet with 37/17/17 but i noticed that if i have the opening i can easily cr8 allot of room between 2 enemys and keep 1 cc'd atleast 20 - 30 secs (trinket included). in these 20 - 30 secs i can choose what to do depending on my dps partner and other enemy.

with a rogue r mage you can have their sheep/elemental or blind to give you more time. (this requires good communication between you and youre arena partner).

what it comes down to.. is that together you can keep most classes out of battle for 35 - 45 seconds while being able to 2on1 dps another class.

i think if i have some arena experience with this build and devised the strat for every possible counter combo that it will work.

keep in mind that our possibilities for 2on2 dps are with allmost every dps class :P so something must work with us being master cc's right?
    spec and tactics fail pretty hard imo, ur succy gets one shotted before u can even get secude off~

Deleted

Everything based on a succy in arena will fail pretty big time. A sad but simple truth.
    Right now, pvp is all about delivering as much direct damage as possible before you get 2-3 shotted as a lock and that's why I think either a demo-destro build with ruin or a pure destro build will be the least sucky option. You will get 3 shotted no matter what so you might as well do as much direct damage as you can while you are alive.

Affli will fail as well becasue the dots work to slowly and no one will give you time to get all dots off in the first place. Any average healer will also heal through or dispell the dots anyway.

Its pretty grim for locks right now but if you are going to be a class cannon at least specc for the cannon part in destro.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

This is my new attempt at a PvP build for Arenas, and only for 2s. It heavily relies on VW sac + demonic circle. Im not saying its going to work but ill have to see. Its only feasible if I can survive the first wave of burst damage and use demonic circle. If not the its epic fail. We shall see. Oh and gear would be socketed for stam + haste only.

Mains spells would be Searing Pain, Sould Fire, Shadowburn, Immolate, and DoTs (if no priest which should be likely in 2s)
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

I was thinking anything with a succubus will fail then I corrected myself and decided anything with a warlock will fail to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramz
    Everything u said sounds like you know nothing about warlocks in pvp..."main spells: Soul fire", i lol'ed. stacking only stam and haste....wtf.
    I love people like you. You have to understand that considering how poor locks survivabilty currently is in arenas I am exploring new avenues to try to find a solution. Yes Soul Fire... omg why would I ever use the biggest amount of burst damage available to a lock?! Its not knowing nothing about the class, sir. Its utilizing the skills we have, some less used than others, to try and combat our current dilemma.

Remember this is 2s, so usually 1 will be targetted by both oncoming opponents. If you arent being attacked or CCd then casting soulfire after a fear is an acceptable means of damage. I believe I can still reach the crit and spell power to do enough damage by stacking stam/haste gems. If not I can modify. However bashing it before its tested just shows ignorance on your part.

May I ask what bright ideas you have? Or are you just going to live in your hole and copy other peoples specs like all the other sheep in the world?
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Call me a foul, but for now I would go affliction with haunt + demo to get soul link, 3 pts in Demonic brutality to boost your voidwalker's sacrifice.

Use his ability that boost perception till the fight starts to give you a better chance to prevent rogue from opening on you.

Then you have 2 sacrifice that absorb 10 855 damage each, for a total of 21 710 damage absorption. Obviously you sacrifce your second VW only as last resort cause you don't want to lose his dps + soul link for nothin. The first one you use mid health maybe.

That + haunt + drain life would really make you a tough motherfucker to kill. Very long at least, long enough that if they focus on you your partner will hurt them enough to make em wanna cry.

Once pvp geared 20k health becomes easy. So with both bubbles its like if you had 41 710 health . . . and you can drain life and haunt heal up + 1 healthstone.

I am not saying it would be incredible. But I think it'S what we got best. Remember we just want a warlock to survive to put DoT's and fear if they focus on you, your partner will do the killing.

I agree entirely its theorycrafting. But its an attempt to find a solution to the problem. Im tired of people saying "it wont work" or "its fail" when they provide nothing constructive themselves. Just my opinion.
    Definition of useless -

anyone got thoughts on an affliction spec lock with mut rogue ?

rogue can go garrote/rupture glyphs.. opening on someone with these 2 bleeds + 3 lock dots could be pretty nasty..

Ive seen this spec work really well in some 2s matches ive done.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

Metamorphasis is the second best survival tool locks gained in wotlk second only to demonic circle.

Imp fear to help stay alive helps too.

Boost to heals from affliction spells plus range on them is increased.

Some succubus tricks.

I think the key to winning right now is to gem into as much stamina as possible. Try to pick up anything over 24k, that should allow your dots, and pet time to do there work while you fear and drain life.

as much as i hate to bitch, if Demonic circle teleport had a stun/cc removal, it would be viable and amazing...
    for arenas at least.
    i find that when a rogue has just stun-locked me, it's a little hard to put down a .5 second cast...
    then run away far enough to teleport...
    but, if you can catch the rogue by surprise, it works quite well ( at least, when one is capping a site in WG)

War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

I really dont understand why haste doesnt affect DoTs and channels. Just seems like that whole decision by Blizzard was intentionally to hinder locks. Kinda like the reason why CoS was given to rogues
    Definition of useless -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuketeacup
    if Demonic circle teleport had a stun/cc removal, it would be viable and amazing...
    First the warlock isn't a mage and second this would be a better blink and op.

a blink every 30seconds that you actually need to first walk to the spot you want and cast it and stay within 40 yards of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    First the warlock isn't a mage and second this would be a better blink and op.
    Umm, no. Thats like saying a shaman shouldnt dual-wield because they arent rogues. A lot of classes in the game share common talents and abilities.

Its a poor mans version of blink with limitations.
    Definition of useless -

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Umm, no. Thats like saying a shaman shouldnt dual-wield because they arent rogues. A lot of classes in the game share common talents and abilities.

Its a poor mans version of blink with limitations.

doesn't it have less Limitations than blink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal

doesn't it have less Limitations than blink?
    No.

Blink is usable anywhere and can be used during a stun and breaks the stun.
    Demonic Circle must be planted before use. Then you need to stay within 40 yards of that location. If you are stunned you need to wait out the duration of the stun before you can use the ability.

Blink has 0 limitations while Demonic Circle has many
    Definition of useless -