Reasons why I prefer Healbot:
- Health deficit is horizontal and the bar color changes in value from green to red depending on the health percentage. I suppose my brain just recognizes this better than the non-color-changing squares and vertical deficits that Grid has.
Grid can do this, set up low healt warnings, you can choose Horizontal/Vertical Health Bar orientations
- Renew/PW:S/PoM tiny icons show up on the bars when MY spell is on the person. PoM shows a little number for the amount of charges left. Renew and PW:S start blinking and have a countdown starting at 5 sec before the spell wears off. I can't tell the remaining duration of my spells in Grid, it's either on or off, and there isn't even an OPTION for showing PoM(this is stupid).
Grid does confuse others people spells sometimes, however use it in conjuction with a DoTtimer addOn. I know for Lifebllom there are extra addOns that hsow you Lifebloom durations and even stacks (1stack = blue, 2 = yellow, 3 stacks = green) I am sure there are similar addons for priests
- I can have the bars faded and set it so that when a player reaches a certain health, say 80%, the bar will become more visible so it's easier to react.
I do believe this is possible with Grid as well
- I can see incoming heals from other players, which I know Grid also does, but it tells me the amount of HP the player will have after the heal or how much the incoming heal is going to overheal assuming the player doesn't take any more damage.
Grid does the latter as well, it shows you an incoming heal, and if you set it to show on the center text it will show you an amount
Reasons why I want to like Grid:
- I can see if someone has a disease or magic on them, though it would take me some time to memorize the colors & position of the tiny squares.
You can set your disease/magic indicator to "center icon" then an icon will appear on the persons grid fram (not just a colored square) of the disease/magic and it makes dispelling far easier than anything else
- It has a more appealing overall look - Grid takes up less space than Healbot and the squares look organized. I can make the bars on Healbot smaller but it can just never look as nice as Grid.
Totally agree, Grid looks amazing, I am at work so I can not get to photoshop, but later I will post my old healing UI to show some of what I talked about
- It seems as though every healer swears by this mod so I really want to like it, but I'm having trouble with that.
Gris is complex. It takes a bit of time to understand it, and it takes a LONG time to master it. But once you invest the time, you won't be able to live without it. I am a huge advocate on requireing Grid, I think it is that good.