Alchemist Stones

Where are our epic trinkets? I was hoping to see them in this new patch. No such luck. Not only do alchemists have to discover most of their skills.. (where our daily???) But we get stuck with these horrible trinkets. Being a healer, I'm disappointed in the lowered spell power. But thankfully they gave us some haste because its soooo hard to come by. (sarcasm)
    Anyone feel the pain or can show me some light?

Re: Alchemist Stones

How long have you been an Alchemist? Alchemists had one stone up until the Sunwell patch in TBC, which was roughly 3/4 of the way through the expansion. Up until then it was a +15 stats trinket with the potion bonus, thus it was a pretty bad trinket for most classes. Now we have three options that are a ton better than a bonus to all stats.

I'd love an epic trinket as much as anyone, but honestly, it's really early to be expecting one. We're barely over a month in. Be patient.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobubblin
    How long have you been an Alchemist? Alchemists had one stone up until the Sunwell patch in TBC, which was roughly 3/4 of the way through the expansion. Up until then it was a +15 stats trinket with the potion bonus, thus it was a pretty bad trinket for most classes. Now we have three options that are a ton better than a bonus to all stats.

I'd love an epic trinket as much as anyone, but honestly, it's really early to be expecting one. We're barely over a month in. Be patient.
    Strongly agreed. I think OP you're another QQ'er. In my honest opinion it's still very early in the expansion and the rare trinkets we have access too are very nice! I have recently replaced my epic SWP patch trinket with another but comparing the epic trinket I had to the rare one I honestly am happy with losing ~4 spell power to gain 59 haste rating, which you're probably thinking but we have enough haste already well as a holy priest the last thing I'm stacking that is useful (So don't give me this crap about strength/agility etc) is haste so with that said my healing gear you could say lacks +haste but this trinket gives decent passive haste.

Summary: It's very good comparing with the epic TBC Alchemist trinket and is quite sufficient.
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

The OP is just complaining about the colour. Had they been purple, he would be HURRAYZ, but when they are blue, it's like ZOMG IT IS NOT EPIXXX!

Again, the colour defines the rarity, not the quality !!

Colour define's rarity ? I'd be incliend to disagree. Since every instance i enter you can gurantee there will be at least one blue dropping. When im out soloing i don't alway's get a green.

I would have to agree that color does not equal rarity but rather quality. I believe the way it works is that each designation (green, blue, purple) has a set amount of points that can be given based on the ilvl.

I will use sword stats as an example:

Green sword (ilvl 50) = 5 str & 5 sta
    Blue sword (ilvl 50) = 7 str & 7 sta
    Purple sword (ilvl 50) = 10 str & 10 sta

I am not positive but I believe this is the way the color designations work.

Part of the issue is those are amazing trinkets, and if they were purple, the large majority would stop complaining, and the others would too, even if it looked under budget for item level, because they can't gauge the value of its 40% healing buff. The trinkets are still amazing, even at 80. Just wait, likely with Ulduar they'll re add epic raid drop patterns or some new rep for those alchemy and JC epics/blues at 80.