Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Any Sheath Healers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    The thing is that hot math is in the best case when all your heal hits. Its exactly like saying, zomg you have to get bacon because it doubles your healing output. Sure it would in the perfect situation, but the fact is that doesnt happen often.

If you wanna spec sheath healing go for it, but like the other guys have said, you give up way too much in utility and mobility to get a hot and in my eyes its just not worth it.
    When your heal hits? Well if you assume a 30% crit ratio and a 12 sec duration the HOT will be up most of the time. If it was up ALL the time it would be stupid because its not a stacking HOT (right?). Stacking Ret talents would give more base crit talents than other builds so even an occasional FoL would have a high crit chance (and a massive HOT). I don't have nearly enough crit or mana to chain cast HL and see how this would work in a raid environment.

I didn't need the guys to tell me about mobility or beacon as I mentioned the MAJOR drawbacks in the first few posts. I just wanted to throw the spec up for conversation because quite frankly the Pally community is very boring. Besides QQ's we really don't talk about much.

I do agree with the lack of mobility and versatility. It really makes us a one-trick-pony which is a certain drawback. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrie
    It's not just mobility and utility that you lose - you also lose a lot of HPS, 2.5 HL casts vs 1.7, makes a LOT of difference.
    So discounting completely the HOT which adds to HPS lets just play with cast times and agree that 2.5 (base) is much slower than 1.7 (hasted).

Even at 2.5 second cast time + GCD how long can a pally "chain cast" HL? If that .8 sec cast time makes or breaks the lifespan of your MT and you can keep it up long enough I agree that its a stupid waste of points and haste is king.

Methinks that with just equipment haste it's likely to run out of mana while chain-casting faster than the MT will die from lack of heals. With my fuzzy math a 2000k HL tick per 4 seconds is 500 hps and your likely to keep a stack going for most the time simply from chain casts (almost every 3rd cast if crit % is logical).

No clue. Whats why I asked you guys (I admitted not knowing anything in the first post, lol). Thanks for the input.

PS: This build would likely be *more* effective in 25-man raids due to more spots and specialization. My guess is that in a 10 man situation you need to have way more multi-taskers.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    If you are going to try that, why not try this one and let me know how it goes
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=191608030604

Stack SP and Stam.. And you can do 30% dmg obsorb every 4 mins
    OMG 30% to Crit Heals....
    Survival healer o.O
    HoS would be OPed then

10k becomes 13k
    20K becomes 26K
    I like that spin because the heal-Prot portion would actually work with the HL glyph quite well. Your missing out on some spell crit not going Ret but I guess Combat Expertise would help in that regard.

That would be one real difficult kill in PVP if you switched over the Combat Expertise into Redoubt =op.

"If you don't interrupt this heal your going to hate yourself for it..." 8)

Quote Originally Posted by LoLHoly
    I like that spin because the heal-Prot portion would actually work with the HL glyph quite well. Your missing out on some spell crit not going Ret but I guess Combat Expertise would help in that regard.

That would be one real difficult kill in PVP if you switched over the Combat Expertise into Redoubt =op.

"If you don't interrupt this heal your going to hate yourself for it..." 8)
    Well with this build, I was aiming for some survivability and SP based on Stam. I was looking at the gear for a Holy paladin with all healing gear on. Their stamina was about equal to their int.

So you are getting the 15% to Int & 14% to stam. 30% of your stam (with 30% to crit heals) converted to SP > 15% of your int converted to SP.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Exactly what do you aim for with this build anyway? Raid healing, tank healing (please don't), PvP?

First off: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum/vi...hp?f=14&t=1995

Angenie is my personal healer. She's healed me since Gruul's, now in Naxx at a casual pace. We run 3 healers in 10man (her, priest, druid) and I'm not sure about 25mans. She and I built this spec back in beta, and modified as it changed. It. Works. You can find her at:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&n=Angenie

She is geared to make this function wonderfully, built around one major area: Crit. She's somewhere close to 30% crit unbuffed, and recommends that as a goal for any "Sheathadins" who are wanting to make this work. It is designed to keep tanks alive when every single person is dead. I've ended up solo-tanking Patchwerk (OT-healers weren't on the ball) in 10man, and it actually went very, very well (shield wall at 5%) because of her.

She knows how to run the spec, and the Light Natured post at the top explains it better, but her tactic is to get Sheath rolling a few times, to give her breathing room. Divine plea and Judgements of the Wise ensure no mana problems, and when she's running on that, she's going to have no problems keeping the Sheath rolling.

It is a -fantastic- tank healer. It's a decent raid healer, but I'd say Beacon would out-do it. Especially for main tank fights though, Patchwerk-esque, it shines beyond reason. Her spec isn't optimized for healing, I'd recommend this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=111619060504

That is made far more for raw healing, and cuts on the solo-ability (in Genie's spec, CS, DS, etc).

TL;DR: Yes, Sheath works. See the above as to why.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

If you are going to be a Sheath of Light healer, please don't use the FoL glyph, because the 50% decrease in initial healing also decreases the sheath HoT ticks by 50%.

Think people.

edit. I in no way think that this is a viable build because it lacks light's grace.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

FoL glyph is going to change to increase critical chance by 5% on FoL. Even better, though we have to wait for the patch.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    FoL glyph is going to change to increase critical chance by 5% on FoL. Even better, though we have to wait for the patch.
    If that change goes live...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=30117.0

Check under the paladin glyphs. Also, it [Sheathadin] does work, even with a lack of Light's Grace (one of the uncertainties we had during early theorycrafting). It's just very much a single-target spammer, not a quick burst healer. It's a tank saver.

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    If you are going to be a Sheath of Light healer, please don't use the FoL glyph, because the 50% decrease in initial healing also decreases the sheath HoT ticks by 50%.

Think people.

edit. I in no way think that this is a viable build because it lacks light's grace.

It's a possible build that has certain possible uses (particular in 25 man situations where there is more specialization) based on overwhelming benefits for single target healing. Saving half-1 second via Lights Grace and JotPure won't help cushion the tank's hps because a ticking HOT will tickle-heal while your still casting the other spell, getting feared, silenced, or whatever else you may be going through.

Our biggest concern with HL is overhealing. Most of the players say, "with enough Mana you can almost much chain cast it for 2-3 mins, who cares about overhealing if the tank stays alive and you kill the mob?". Refreshing a HUGE HoT essentially increases your tank's hps past full health.

Your input is appreciated. I don't think the majority of us (anyone who can use a calculator) would ever use the FoL glyph in its current state.

I stumbled across Angenies post at light hearted and it intrigued me, So i am looking into it and i stumble here.

Now as a New pally healer after my main being a holy priest it was a big change and Beacon of light was my friend in Heroics. After starting to raid Nax 10 and 25 man i find we have usually got two pally healers in 10 man and three in 25 man and i usually bother little with beacon as often the MT and possible beacon targets are taking damage at different times and leads to mostly being an overheal anyway.

The build offered by Angenie seemed to offer a good Single target healer which is a pally strength and losing little else i barely heal on trash as with all the raid wide healing and well geared tanks the other healers cover it fine.

What this build really offers is a kind of Dual spec where by changing gear you become a full dps Ret pally. For fights like thaddius which we are on Now i see with 7 or 8 healers in 25 mans that switching to dps to beat enrage will be a big help and also more aoe dps will never hurt to clear trash faster.

Just my thoughts on it

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    First off: http://www.lightnatured.com/forum/vi...hp?f=14&t=1995

Angenie is my personal healer. She's healed me since Gruul's, now in Naxx at a casual pace. We run 3 healers in 10man (her, priest, druid) and I'm not sure about 25mans. She and I built this spec back in beta, and modified as it changed. It. Works. You can find her at:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&n=Angenie

She is geared to make this function wonderfully, built around one major area: Crit. She's somewhere close to 30% crit unbuffed, and recommends that as a goal for any "Sheathadins" who are wanting to make this work. It is designed to keep tanks alive when every single person is dead. I've ended up solo-tanking Patchwerk (OT-healers weren't on the ball) in 10man, and it actually went very, very well (shield wall at 5%) because of her.

She knows how to run the spec, and the Light Natured post at the top explains it better, but her tactic is to get Sheath rolling a few times, to give her breathing room. Divine plea and Judgements of the Wise ensure no mana problems, and when she's running on that, she's going to have no problems keeping the Sheath rolling.

It is a -fantastic- tank healer. It's a decent raid healer, but I'd say Beacon would out-do it. Especially for main tank fights though, Patchwerk-esque, it shines beyond reason. Her spec isn't optimized for healing, I'd recommend this:

That is made far more for raw healing, and cuts on the solo-ability (in Genie's spec, CS, DS, etc).

TL;DR: Yes, Sheath works. See the above as to why.
    Definately looks pretty cool, but I noticed a few things I would personally switch up for preference.

Just my 2 cents, 3% Holy crit(Damn, 3 pts from Holy Shock), Aura Mastery, and an extra pt in fanaticism instead of Sanctified Wrath, and Swift Retribution.

If I dropped Sheath I could get HS, and 2% more crit, but that defeats the build. =P Minus JotW, but at 10 yards, its not useful in my oppinion.

quick question. does a crit heal from Glyph of Holy Light overwrite a bigger Sheath effect on your tank? i tested a Sheath spec out tonight but unfortunately didn't think about this before i had to go back to my original spec. my concern is that, if you crit a big HL on your MT and apply a good sized Sheath hot, would healing other melee in his range and activating Glyph of HL heal crits overwrite the previous larger hot if it crit on your MT? or would it not apply due to a "more powerful spell is active" restriction?