Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: I Need a new Frost Tank spec...

Quote Originally Posted by ds__swoosh
    IT is used to reduice opponents attack speed by 6%.

My builds are based around Sarth add tanking, since this is the only challenge and everything else in the game is faceroll tps buttons.
    Agreed Sarth add Tanking especially with 3 Drakes up is the toughest challenge you will find. If you rely on IT purely for reducing opponents attack speed. Even more reason for Epidemic as it will reduce the attack speed for even longer.

Pestilence will refresh the duration as long as you target another add with Frost Fever and spread the love through him and continuously switch targets and Pest. Again this will become even better with the removal of Pest CD.

I'm not going to go as far as say it is a Mandatory ability for Tanking, but it is definately an amazing Tanking talent.

then again, wouldn't the removal of pest cd, make epidemic almost useless in a multimob enviroment?

Unholy tanking is pretty fun i've been rolling with an unholy build lately for bone shield, although i'll probably go back to frost after the BS nerf. You'll find though if you have a good damage tracker that wandering plague isn't very good for tanks and that it's not procing very much at all unless you have an obnoxious amount of mobs on you. The main problem is that it relies on your crit which is abysmally bad in your tank gear. Although for sarth adds it will be decent as you'll have enough mobs on you to give WP a decent enough chance to proc regularly.

I like reaping for the death runes as against single targets it lets you pretty much just blood strike for death runes and then scourge strike most of the fight, as glyphed ss can refresh your diseases.

Normally i would say take garg over CE but i'll hold that judgement until after i see how well it does with the buff it's getting.

clicky for armory

just noticed you didn't take ebon. I would definitely take ebon, that 13% magic dmg increase is very nice. SS counts as magic dmg since it does all shadow dmg. Also this 13% more magic dmg also boosts the dmg of your diseases as they count as magic dmg. That 13% magic dmg increase is huge as most of unholy's dmg is magic.

Also amz is great. It's 15k dmg your healers do not have to heal. Since you already got magic suppression it is silly not to take amz. It's got tons of uses and i use it a lot, even in heroics. Your healers will hug you for it on fights like loatheb and saph. My sig links to my armory if you want to see my unholy spec.

Also virulence is actually not very good for unholy specs. The hit only applies to spells so IT/HB/DC. Also no npcs really cleanse so that part of the talent isn't useful. I put 1 point into it as filler.

clicky for armory