Forum Avatar and Account Question

I've been updating my forum account and have come across a couple issues that can maybe be addressed by more worldly members.

#1 I've tried uploading an avatar several time now and have gotten this response "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved." when I try to include an image I have on my computer. If for some reason we cannot upload an image, why is this option available? And secondly, those that have avatars, how have you gotten yours to display? Do I have to link from some website like Facebook or something or am I missing how to upload from my computer?

#2 In my account managment page I intially had my email displayed but later on decided to remove it, however its still displayed even though I currently have the "do not show email" box checked, anyone have an idea why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

Re: Forum Avatar and Account Question

Got the Avatar portion of the question figured out, so forget about that :-)

Still looking for an answer to the email part of the thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

You mean...YOU CAN SEE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS?
    This is new and exciting.

View it when logged out.

Email: hidden

Quote Originally Posted by Chefjayman
    #1 I've tried uploading an avatar several time now and have gotten this response "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."
    Doesn't work still.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    Doesn't work still.
    Not allowed at this time.