Draethas

The best dungeon healing specc

Hi people...

I have went from playing my Druid to playing my Priest, because I want to make a healer, and I think Priest suits me more and better. I want to start doing 5 man on 80 to gain some gear, and then I will continue with doing raids, but for now, i need to know how they wOrk in dungeons. I am just a bit confused these things:

- Spellrotation
    - Talents
    - Glyphs
    - Spirit, int?
    - When to use shield
    - Aggro

Can you please help me?

Re: The best dungeon healing specc

There is nothing called spell rotation for a healer, a healer uses the spells that are best suited for a given situation, thus you need to know all your spells and their strengths and weaknesses. A priest can be played in different ways, atm mana concerns are a small issue thus you can basically spam whatever spell you find most interesting, altho this is not what I would consider the optimal way of playing, always try to come out of combat with as much mana as possible without risiking people dying. (You might need it one day, or actually you might never need it, but it's cool to have the skills).

Some guidelines. Use Prayer of Mending as much as possible if several people take damage, it's basically free heals for a very little time investement. If you are in huge aoe damage you should rely on Circle of healing. For your everyday tank heal, your can either choose to use Greater Heal + Renew, or you can spam flash heal (the later is pretty stupid imo as a priest), ofcourse flash heal is needed from time to time, but if you like constant spamming your should have played paladin instead.

Talents (holy?? I cannot give you a specific build since i havnt actively played priest since tbc).
    Spirit is a very powerfull priest stat these days and, should be the way to go.
    Shield never use it basically, there are ofc some situations, e.g. where spell pushback can be very dangerous, or if you know the tank is gonna take a huge spike. But other than that it's too expensive to use for PVE.
    Aggro should not be any concern these days, but you should ofc always have fade keybound so that you in case of aggro gain can use it.

Draethas

Hehe, didnt mean in low levels but in 80 What do you think about this specc? http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVIbuh0zbZfLxcc0qihVcs

I personally enjoy this build alot:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhLZfxt0f0qihVhot

Basicly:
    - PoM, Renew, and Shield on the tank.
    - Renew / PoM on dps.
    - CoH whenever nessary.

Funny thing is I just dropped my priest in favor of my Druid

I found the priest holy tree to be fussy, fiddly and mana ineficient - it's only saving grace was CoH. I thought disc was the way to go - and I was doing fine with that. until I discovered how much better Pallys are at the same job.

So now I are a boomkin...

I don't have mana problems in 5man dungeons with the above spec. And I was healing in full shadow PvE gear, ie. very little regen.

You can easy do the FSR in 5mans, if your group plays good.

if you're just doing 5 mans, my favourite group healing spell is prayer of healing, and yes i am CoH specced, but prayer of healing just pwns - 5k hp to evry1, and the range is a lot bigger, and it's pre casteable (if you know aoe dmg is incoming) I basically only use CoH as groupheal if i cant finish casts (move all the time)

My rotation is pretty much as following - PoM + renew whenever off CD, or not active on tank anymore. After that start casting a greater heal, and stop the cast if ur tank does not need the heal, rinse and repeat and if your tank still dies either he is undergeared, or he is tanking 10+ mobs

As for build - must haves for me are meditation (30% mana regen at all times) normal holy concentration 3/3, serendipity 3/3 and the talent that increases healing and crit chance by 2/4/6% on targets under 50% (I often get replies like, you almost never need it, but personally i think, the best time to pump out a massive heal, is if your tank is under 50%), also I find surge of light being very usefull (use holy concentration and surge of light to stay out of 5SR).

As for glyphs, i am using glyph of PWS, glyph of flash heal and glyph of renew. again, personal preferance (i use shields and renew a lot, and flash heal for quick target raid healing)

Hope this helps a bit, didn't link a build as it's mostly personal preferance

moo says tha koe

I think 3% more crit on heals is much better than Inspiration in a 5man. Often the tank is the person who get least healed outside bossfights.

Improved Holy Concentration seem like a waste, since the procs won't be used in a 5man, and the benefits would require wastly great gear -- something you don't have if you need these informations.

I think Divine Providence is more efficient for 5man healing.

And honestly, as dps I don't use lightwells even if they are there. And I wouldn't waste time putting them down as healer either.

I play shadowpriest with 2/2 imp. VE, I get more heals from spamming MF on the boss, than clicking the Lightwell.

The problem with Lightwell is you target it.. it should just buff you, without you keeping it as a permanent target.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The problem with Lightwell is you target it.. it should just buff you, without you keeping it as a permanent target.
    Hm might be a nice solution to lightwell, make it work like those moonwells in warcraft3, when you stand close to them it will restore you. But maybe lower the healing done then perhaps, might be nice buffer inbetween CoH cds to keep up partymembers that arent getting hit much to focus your good heals on more important matters at hand.

@3OfDiamonds

I hopefully don't get to the point where I need to be healed 5000 without a healer allready spamming group heals because nobody else is taking damage.

Normally we talk 1-2000 damage, which can very very fast be outhealed with VE and Dev. Plague.

Same reason I'm the only one in my guild who don't use Frost Resistance on Sapphiron, since I do about 100000 self-healing on that fight.

(Oh yeah, the rest of the guild are gimps for using it, but w/e)

Lightwell is just so horrible due to the targeting. I'd really love that part changed.

in 5 mans lolwell can actualy be good. AnubArak for example. Anyway, since you don't rly NEED some talents, you can take it.

Funny no one has talked about Disc spec.

this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhLZfxt0f0qihVhot is my spec works great no mana issues or grp healing issuses like alot will say.

Because CoH > *

Disc is just making it harder for yourself. That's fine, but it doesn't make it the best

Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    Funny no one has talked about Disc spec.

this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhLZfxt0f0qihVhot is my spec works great no mana issues or grp healing issuses like alot will say.
    Errrrrrm. That's a Holy spec.

I believe you were thinking something closer to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVfbzGxtMxoVfRzfg0cf

Ignores all shield talents because honestly who gives a shit about PW:S and it's terrible efficiency. This build works best when combined with Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing, and Renew glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by zizfizziks
    Errrrrrm. That's a Holy spec.

I believe you were thinking something closer to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVfbzGxtMxoVfRzfg0cf

Ignores all shield talents because honestly who gives a shit about PW:S and it's terrible efficiency. This build works best when combined with Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing, and Renew glyphs.
    Ok, first off ROFLMA!!!!!!! :P The shilds are sick imbah, disc shouldent really aoe heal that much so a wasted glyph there. Renew glyph accualy dosent improve the spell at all in HPM just a tiny bit more HPS wich is pretty foolish as you will use much more mana on it and just the same % of the ticks will be wasted, (usually about 60-70% of the renew ticks are wasted). But the flash heal glyph is nice

I would recomend something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxtMxoicMtbxxcc but I dont really know if you would want too trade the points in healeing focus too Spell warding tho.

I've checked around some more and did some number crunching and it indeed appears that shields are the bomb shit diggity when combined with the 20% heal glyph. I retract my earlier nay-saying. The only thing I don't like is the lack of reduced CD for penance in http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxtMxoicMtbxxcc since it's the bread and butter of a disc build you want the most uptime possible to be able to use that spell.. However I suppose a Shield-Penance-renew-PoM-Flash/Greater Heal would be a decent order to take maximum advantage of the weakened soul 4% crit talent and to maximize the uptime of Grace.

Guess I'll just have to hit 80 sometime next week and give it a go!

I also decided to take the Prayer of Healing Glyph because Disc priests lack a bit of punch to their AoE healing, so in 5 man heroics it would be a great glyph to have when combined with high crit gear and Divine Aegis for making up some ground in the AoE healing department. Flash heal glyph is a given for any priest. The only two remaining that are worth debate are the Holy Nova glyph and the renew glyph. Since I went for the PoH glyph I decided to skip out on the Holy Nova glyph in favor of faster renews to take the most advantage of grace. However since the Shield glyph would be a much better choice for a Disc build it looks like:

Shield glyph, Flash heal glyph, and Prayer of Healing glyph are the three Majors I'll be choosing.