Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest race for PVP

for BG and arena, which ally side race is best in terms of racials for a pvp disc priest?

Nelf - shadowmeld (free OOC drinks?)
    Dwarf - stoneform (has chastise gone?)
    Human - passive perception, every man for himself (replaces the pvp trinket and gives an extra trinket slot?)

which race would be best for a pvp disc priest?

Re: Priest race for PVP

Dwarf

Stoneform > *

Each is pretty good, but I think that if I had a choice I would definately pick Night elf, even if they are sissy forest dwellers.

Dwarves get immunity from poisons and diseases, that can mitigate a huge chunk of dk damage, and prevent rogues from slowing you to death, or doing extra damage. But as a healer you have very good means to prevent, heal, or cure those effects. So to me this isn't as good unless you plan on relying on it, but that would be fail anyway.

Humans get a free trinket which with some of the amazing loot that ive seen could be 30% speed increase as an escape or 100 int if gemmed right. which is alot of other stat bonuses as well.

And finally NElf, Id pick this race for the mana drinking stealth it can provide, and the cast break it gives. Its not often but if you did get a free second to drink eat in stealth it could win at least one match. But the serious killer here is stealthing when your about to get cc'd. It doesn't stall much for time, but if its a caster there gonna have to run over to break you out of it anyway, then you can use your shorter range fear to buy you even more time, for whatever.

Any, human might be better, but night elf are deffinately trickier opponents.

Dwarf.

Stoneform is still awesome.

the answer will always be human.
    for any class

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by noname

Dwarves get immunity from poisons and diseases, that can mitigate a huge chunk of dk damage, and prevent rogues from slowing you to death, or doing extra damage. But as a healer you have very good means to prevent, heal, or cure those effects. So to me this isn't as good unless you plan on relying on it, but that would be fail anyway.
    just so you know priests can't remove poisons or bleeds making it a verrrryyyy usefull tool against rogues (especialy mutilate) and arm's warriors

and drinking or eating breaks shadowmeld (almost 100% sure)

and all you get from being human in pvp is a wasted trinket that you only picked up for the resil

Drinking & Eating do not break Shadowmelt.

I got both a NE druid and priest besides my undead main

Drinking and eating does break shadowmeld. Since it now gets you outta combat, the second you sit down to drink, it instantly breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Drinking & Eating do not break Shadowmelt.

I got both a NE druid and priest besides my undead main
    even if you could it dosn't take the person who was attacking you very long to walk to where you disapeared and hit you again.....

15+ Year Old Account

Dwarf, hands down. Poisons are a pain in the ass, being able to remove them = win.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

undead -> fearbreak
    bloodelf -> 2 sec AE silence
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrtykitty
    Drinking and eating does break shadowmeld. Since it now gets you outta combat, the second you sit down to drink, it instantly breaks.
    So it was changed with 3.0 ?

it was a recent change, but if you start drinking while you are shadow melded then it breaks. Not sure if you can eat/drink, then shadow meld, that may work, but you can't shadow meld, then eat/drink.

I wish I could change my priest from undead to belf after they changed all the priest racials.

wotf isn't anywhere near as useful for a priest as a 2sec silence imo.

man alts are addicting

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    the answer will always be human.
    for any class
    Cool. I was wondering what I should make my druid but this helps a lot.

stoneform is still the best racial for priests, especially with muti rogues new tri poison bullshit
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

Deleted

As a level 80 Shadow priest, i can confrim, you can no longer drink / eat in shadowmeld. Shadowmeld is pretty crap, the stealth rateing on it is SO LOW. Not to mention... u run behind that post, shadowmeld.. what is your enemy going to do? Follow you... and see ur pathetic shadowmeld stealth rateing and start hammering you again. It really is over-rated.
    Stoneform is FTW though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    l2p, kkthxbye.

Oh and hint: you cant drink while shadowmelded

lol - sorry i got much love for Nezoia...but the fact that he/she is barely ever wrong i just couldnt resist

However - shadowmeld does drop combat to be able to drink still - just not while stealthed - druids can drop combat, go cat form, drink, go stealth tho...

Drinking didden't break shadowmeld the two years I played night elf ! How should iknow they changed it with patch 3.0

Last time I logged in on my elf was in April (or well, lie, 2min ago to check if I actually could drink as nelf).

Dwarf-Stoneform makes imue too poison
    Human-still need pvp trinket
    NE-Shadowmeld as priest is not helpfull really, its the melly you struggle with and they will see you at once becouse you stand next too them and if not you going shadowmeld will just make it easy for them too get too you (unless they are 100% retarded and dident see where you were )