Thread: CoE vs CoA

CoE vs CoA

I' pretty sure that I've read somewhere that CoA dos more dmg then the CoE brings to the raid when you're doing 10-man instances. Just wondering if any1 know when CoE is worth casting when there is no DK or boomkin around..

Re: CoE vs CoA

you answered your own question
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Just out of interest can someone point me to the DK ability which is similar to CoE? Have been looking for a while now and can't spot it for the life of me.

depends on your raid composition, if you have you + 4 casters which benefit from coe, you might wanna throw in coe.

Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases magic damage taken by 13% in addition to increasing disease damage taken. Improves your critical strike chance with weapons and spells by 3% at all times.

@ TerryBogard If you mean that I should cast CoE whenever there is no boomkin or DK who can it then...

@ kilssii TY! that was what I was after, I had a Mage guildie of mine asking if I could put up CoE to boost his dmg in Naxx 10-man and another who wanted it in a Heroic. I had a feeling that the grps dps would suffer from me changing but in the instance I gave in just because it was a guildrun where I could have stuck to wand and we still would have cleared the instace quite fast.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Demoriel
    Just out of interest can someone point me to the DK ability which is similar to CoE? Have been looking for a while now and can't spot it for the life of me.
    It's in the top tiers of the unholy tree for deathknights.

k so, does the two buffs stack? im guessing no because that would be op. i didn't really know this and have been putting it up with a unholy dk in the raid.

Does NOT stack with boomkin's earth and moon nor DK's ebon plague. Only part that would benefit is the negative resist but that is moot in PVE anyhow. YOU have to lose a dmg curse slot to put it up so let the other classes do it. A boomkin or DK gets it as part of their highest dps rotation.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

15+ Year Old Account

CoE, by some recent estimate, adds more damage to yourself than CoA over the long term, as you must recast CoA 10-13 times (glyph vs no glyph) vs CoE once. This only applies with no boomkin or donkey kong in the raid.

The math based entirely on DPCT is misleading. Let's look at DPS:

Personally, I can do ~2560dps in a stand and cast match without COE. COA makes up approximately 11%, or 280 dps. Dropping COA for no curse at all increases my shadowbolt dps (more casts). The number without COA is ~2360.

CoA's dps loss from GCD's is ~80dps (2560 with - 2360 without - 280 dps for agony)

Therefore, COA is technically doing 360dps, as if it was a 5 minute long spell, there would be no GCD for it to eat, which if we factor that in means that we must be doing more than 2640 dps for COE to be worthwhile.

2360 * 1.13 = 2666, or a 16 dps increase over COA.

However, if COE is provided for you, agony is a flat 280dps increase.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    depends on your raid composition, if you have you + 4 casters which benefit from coe, you might wanna throw in coe.

Your Crypt Fever morphs into Ebon Plague, which increases magic damage taken by 13% in addition to increasing disease damage taken. Improves your critical strike chance with weapons and spells by 3% at all times.
    Just thought I'd link this to the spell and to note that the improved crit only affects the DK.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51161

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    CoE, by some recent estimate, adds more damage to yourself than CoA over the long term, as you must recast CoA 10-13 times (glyph vs no glyph) vs CoE once. This only applies with no boomkin or donkey kong in the raid.

The math based entirely on DPCT is misleading. Let's look at DPS:

Personally, I can do ~2560dps in a stand and cast match without COE. COA makes up approximately 11%, or 280 dps. Dropping COA for no curse at all increases my shadowbolt dps (more casts). The number without COA is ~2360.

CoA's dps loss from GCD's is ~80dps (2560 with - 2360 without - 280 dps for agony)

Therefore, COA is technically doing 360dps, as if it was a 5 minute long spell, there would be no GCD for it to eat, which if we factor that in means that we must be doing more than 2640 dps for COE to be worthwhile.

2360 * 1.13 = 2666, or a 16 dps increase over COA.

However, if COE is provided for you, agony is a flat 280dps increase.
    /concur

CoE when no 13% multiplier is present WILL do better then CoA. Fact

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account

For those of you going "Why is it better now than in BC? I didn't get an extra dot...?"

Haunt & Shadow Embrace

Debuffs on bosses are multiplacive, which means 13% + 20% + 10% =/= 43%

1.13 x 1.2 x 1.1 = 1.4916, or 49%.
    So if you think about it, COE provides a 19% buff to dots and a 13% buff to direct damage spells, which adds up to more than COA could possibly put out. This math does not factor in other buffs as well.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    For those of you going "Why is it better now than in BC? I didn't get an extra dot...?"

Haunt & Shadow Embrace

Debuffs on bosses are multiplacive, which means 13% + 20% + 10% =/= 43%

1.13 x 1.2 x 1.1 = 1.4916, or 49%.
    So if you think about it, COE provides a 19% buff to dots and a 13% buff to direct damage spells, which adds up to more than COA could possibly put out. This math does not factor in other buffs as well.
    ok, i will try and see what happens with my dps on the next raid. atm i can pull of 3k dps on 10-man without the debuff in not all that great gear so if it'll even increase my dps not only the party then I will start using it without a second of thought...