Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowpriest pvp survivability

How come I don't see that much complains from shadowpriests about our pvp survivability?
    All I see is Hunter and Warlocks complaining about how hard it is to pvp as one of those classes. Although I can understand warlocks complaining, I don't see why hunters needs a look at. Blizzard said themselves that many new players choose hunter, and therefor many of them aren't that good. Against a hunter with bestial wrath there is nothing at all a shadowpriest can do. Nothing. Nada.

But let's face it, shadowpriests have been the worst 1v1 class throughout tbc, and by the looks of it, we're not going to get any better in lich king.
    We still have a fear with 26 seconds cooldown with talents, which will always get trinketed.
    Then we have a shield that absorbs 2000 damage with a cooldown of 15 seconds. 2000 damage isn't alot when other classes, especially melee, crits for atleast 8000. All we got was our Dispersion, which is on a 3 min cooldown, and they consider our problem fixed.

While at it they should take a look at Inner Fire. We're the only cloth user without a real armor buff. Blizzard defends the charges and short cooldown with it's low mana cost, but I know that most of us would rather have a higher mana cost for a longer duration, looking at it from a pve perspective.

So where is the whining? Honestly, we have the rights to ask for more!

Re: Shadowpriest pvp survivability

People are still waiting for PvP season. We need some better gear to see how things really are. It's mostly now PvEgear vs. PvEgear, and it's not balanced among classes.

Remember, our dots eat our enemies way better now than before. If / when we combine this situation with high resilience and high health cap, we can manage pretty well. Also, I don't play with tought this spec would be eazmode!

You definately dont read these forums then.

Every single topic about SP turn out to a pvp post about us just having shit survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    You definately dont read these forums then.

Every single topic about SP turn out to a pvp post about us just having shit survivability.
    And this.

shadowpriest worst class for 1v1 in BC?

Wtf

IF there was a 1v1 arena in BC, i wouldve been pretty dam high.

Even rogues can be easily killed, when you learn to time everything correctly etc.
    Ofc sometimes you will just have bad luck and die.

Any other class i could beat with ease tbh, healers might have been a pain if they outgeared me but nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    People are still waiting for PvP season. We need some better gear to see how things really are. It's mostly now PvEgear vs. PvEgear, and it's not balanced among classes.
    Amen bro~
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus

Remember, our dots eat our enemies way better now than before. If / when we combine this situation with high resilience and high health cap, we can manage pretty well. Also, I don't play with tought this spec would be eazmode!
    This. Although I don't like stereotyped I'll go out on a leg and say that the priest community as a whole is more mature than the hunter/rogue community. No wait, make that healer (classes able to heal) community, and dps community.

See, pretty much every post about priest surivability boils down to "we have to see how it works out with the resilience gear that isn't available right now". Would this be the hunter or rogue forum, and would they have the same problems, it would be like "ZOMG I cannot survive, BUFF ME BLIZZARD FFS! I cannot oneshot people in a row if I don't survive!!!11 OMG NERF NERF!!!".

Pretty much.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

True that AethorMcLoud. Got nothing more to add.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    This. Although I don't like stereotyped I'll go out on a leg and say that the priest community as a whole is more mature than the hunter/rogue community. No wait, make that healer (classes able to heal) community, and dps community.

See, pretty much every post about priest surivability boils down to "we have to see how it works out with the resilience gear that isn't available right now". Would this be the hunter or rogue forum, and would they have the same problems, it would be like "ZOMG I cannot survive, BUFF ME BLIZZARD FFS! I cannot oneshot people in a row if I don't survive!!!11 OMG NERF NERF!!!".

Pretty much.
    Yeah I've noticed that too.

Anyway OP: the reason you might not see the survivability whine right away is because:
    A) There's millions of those topics from the past, so it's getting a bit trivial posting them
    B) After years of sucking, most of us hope it will be different when season 5 starts. So that's what we keep telling ourselves every time we release spirit after encountering a melee.
    C) After years of practice, we've gotten better at camouflaging whine-threads, to prevent them from being locked

We whined too much and we got Dispersion. I assume there's going to be a lot of changes when S5 hits off, and if it turns out we suck once more - it's nothing new, people will turn to casual arena play, farming some points and some battleground gear between clearing pve content. Generally looking at this, seems we'll invest less time in playing

I doubt anything groundbreaking will happen with shadow priest play. We'll be forced to rely on our teammate, and when we get 2-3 seconds of "free" time we'll throw a few dots and generally run around throwing dispel, like shadows did in 2v2 with rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    How come I don't see that much complains from shadowpriests about our pvp survivability?
    All I see is Hunter and Warlocks complaining about how hard it is to pvp as one of those classes. Although I can understand warlocks complaining, I don't see why hunters needs a look at. Blizzard said themselves that many new players choose hunter, and therefor many of them aren't that good. Against a hunter with bestial wrath there is nothing at all a shadowpriest can do. Nothing. Nada.

But let's face it, shadowpriests have been the worst 1v1 class throughout tbc, and by the looks of it, we're not going to get any better in lich king.
    We still have a fear with 26 seconds cooldown with talents, which will always get trinketed.
    Then we have a shield that absorbs 2000 damage with a cooldown of 15 seconds. 2000 damage isn't alot when other classes, especially melee, crits for atleast 8000. All we got was our Dispersion, which is on a 3 min cooldown, and they consider our problem fixed.

While at it they should take a look at Inner Fire. We're the only cloth user without a real armor buff. Blizzard defends the charges and short cooldown with it's low mana cost, but I know that most of us would rather have a higher mana cost for a longer duration, looking at it from a pve perspective.

So where is the whining? Honestly, we have the rights to ask for more!
    You have an problem with BM hunters? Why dont you try hugging them while you spell cast....... the pet is no big deal if ur doing the dmg you should be.

I believe shadowpriests are having the same survivability issues as all locks specs atm...

/roll melee
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    You have an problem with BM hunters? Why dont you try hugging them while you spell cast....... the pet is no big deal if ur doing the dmg you should be.
    You ever tried hugging an unslowable hunter while you're Wing Clipped? = /

Best thing I could say against BM hunters is pray you have some LoS nearby. If you don't, get your DoTs up as fast as you can and hope they're enough to kill him after you're down.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I believe shadowpriests are having the same survivability issues as all locks specs atm...

/roll melee
    I agree..
    most clothies are getting hit soo hard by melee its hard to do much in bgs right now. Resilience will be our most needed stat hands down for pvp. If i remeber correctly in s3 and s4, spriest needed to have 430 resilience just to compete. So before any of you make a statement how good we can survive, wait a bit till u get some res and then see

I hope the folks at Blizzard wake up and do something for shadowpriests, hell for all clothies for that matter. Getting killed by any melee class in under 4 hits is getting really old.

well in 1vx situations ull almost deff die now against melee but 1v1 ur pretty good imo..
    dot up real quick and make sure shielded and fear as long as dots are on make sure to keep shield up and fear/heal through damage.. unless its ret then ur done

I love it now how a melee comes to the priest forums and tells us how to play our class. Most of us have played our class for years now.

Pour more salt in the wound.

As a 2k lock AND priest I can say that Disc is not in the same boat as shadow.

The difference is a lock/shaman is a class, shadow is a spec. Fury warriors are absolutely at the bottom of the PVP food chain but since they got arms/prot it's all good.

All squishies, classes without bubbles and classes without stuns are getting toasted in PVP. And all I can say is everyone who wears cloth will probably get buffed.

BUT...you Spriests really, REALLY, REALLY undervalue dispersion.

To the post above.

Dispersion is great and all, haven't got a chance to use it in arena as of yet...but in BG's it's pretty BS unless your fighting another caster. Warriors seem to just find this a reason to run away and intercept (no durrr), rogues CoS half the time and vanish to leave me gutted and opened up on, Enh shams...no complaints here and DK..well...I don't want to talk about it.

Personally I'll wait until we're all decked out in PvP gear to complain, but yeah..I think our survivability is a tad low.

My only suggestion..and no I don't expect this..and it's not a QQ....is something that mimics what rogues have to drop all CD's on maybe just fear and PW:S (debuff)? I think that would be fair to get 2 fears..or 2 shields in a row....no?
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Doubt that will happen. Back when Disperison regen'ed mana AND healed, shadow priests were over powered for some reason. Personally I don't see the difference between that and a pally popping their bubble and healing. But that is not over powered in their minds.