Post your PVP Arena Resto/Dreamstate Spec

Ideas please? Thanks! ;D

Re: Post your PVP Arena Resto/Dreamstate Spec

Not bad. I was thinking about:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000

and for Feral charge:

but I'm not sure how viable feral charge is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Just a couple of thoughts - wouldn't taking the points from Tranquil Spirit and putting them in Master Shapeshifter be more useful? Also, I would take a couple of points out of Lunar Guidance and put them in Owlkin Frenzy - 10% increased dmg and immunity to push-back effects would be a lot more useful than ~60-70 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

as for the points in lunar guidance, i think its a must
    Why do you say that? ~60 SP really isn't very much at 80, yet even with 2 points Owlkin Frenzy will proc quite a lot, which is worth it for the pushback immunity alone not to mention 10% dmg. I guess that might depend on just how much time you spend in owl form, but then why would you get it if you weren't going to use it?

Where did you take that number?
    Well, I assume you'll have 700-800 Int. Each point of Lunar Guidance gives 4% Int as SP, so each point gives ~30 SP, so taking 2 points out to put them in Owlkin Frenzy translates to 60 SP.

and btw the fact that you will most of the time heal urself or your partner and dps when needed ( when you will dps , you will not always have someone dpsing you so it can proc, with lunac guidance, well it may be 60 or 100 sp well its a constant sp heal or dps while owlkin depends on if someone attacking you or not

sorry for bad english
    Well ok, if you're spending most of the time healing then maybe it's not worth it. I guess you'll have to work out for yourself in your team just how much you'll be healing and whether you'll be taking dmg in Owlkin form.

i would have thought the fact he said resto spec would imply healing..

Just put your or a borrowed cat on the board and you got a specc

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomrollul

and for Feral charge:

but I'm not sure how viable feral charge is now.
    much better imo

i think this works out nicely

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EG0uVc0IZZfVhu0uxVzhh

I find restokin quite bad because i do get stuck outside the form due to throwing heals. So it completes my movement. I also felt like taking Nature's Splendor over Insect swarm because that is overall more dmg and more healing than an insect swarm. This spec is based around crit/intell/spellpower, hence the living seed (i personally like safety net heals). In an arena situation you dont get too much time to blow out starfires at times so its a wrath/moonfire combo.

Perfect for a 2v2 or 3v3. Its that added burst + heals. Gonna try it with my GF when she decides to go disc 1 weekend. So far it looks similar to my pre-wrath spec which usually got me top healing or dmg in a BG without any deaths. I think thats a positive thing =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnofmoose
    i think this works out nicely

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EG0uVc0IZZfVhu0uxVzhh

I find restokin quite bad because i do get stuck outside the form due to throwing heals. So it completes my movement. I also felt like taking Nature's Splendor over Insect swarm because that is overall more dmg and more healing than an insect swarm. This spec is based around crit/intell/spellpower, hence the living seed (i personally like safety net heals). In an arena situation you dont get too much time to blow out starfires at times so its a wrath/moonfire combo.

Perfect for a 2v2 or 3v3. Its that added burst + heals. Gonna try it with my GF when she decides to go disc 1 weekend. So far it looks similar to my pre-wrath spec which usually got me top healing or dmg in a BG without any deaths. I think thats a positive thing =)
    I like IS and getting the +hit, not going with living seed.

Here's the thing. You're not in oomkin most of the fight, I'd agree with that. However, when you ARE ready to dps/burst something down... you need the haste and +crit to get your spells off. Plus, because you are dreamstate + intensity, you've got ridiculous mana regen. So, if you get into trouble, you should be able to peel and kite for a long time while Hotting yourself and partner(s) while you regen.

While i'm not saying your spec is bad, I'm just giving a slightly different perspective. Living seed is nice, but really... I'm guessing it would be overheal most of the time, because you are using regrowth only when you have to, and you are going to keep throwing them until they are close to full (or the crit will fill them up) - since regrowth is really the only spell that you can count on to crit with any regularity (of course having imp regrowth).

Ultimately, it's based on your playstyle, but that's how i think.

This is the spec I'm playing with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EG0uMcoudhbZZf0Iubuxmzh

Yeah, the only useful point of going moonkin (meaning moonkin form) is if you are actually going to dps in it and be able to sue owlkin frenzy, otherwise, there really doesn't seem to be a point.

Also add that celestial focus seems to be a waste of a talent because starfire and it's long cast time is next to useless in arena, thus the %stun doesn't really come into play. Howoever, if you go all the way down for starfall, then it makes celestial focus worth it. Because people will get stunned and as thus give your group time to hopefully pick targets and burn them, time to CC a target or 2.

As far as resto goes, there doesn't seem to be any point to go all the way down for WG. I'd definitely agree that an intensity/dreamstate spec might be the best option because it should be able to maximize heals and damage between the 2 specs.

Now as far as gear goes, would you just go with a 2pc/3pc? or go for 4pc set bonus? The boomkin seems nice as it could really give you some insane burst for a quick starfire, however it will just depend on the proc rate and what the internal cooldown might be.