Buffer/healer 25 man raid spec

Hey, just wondering if any of you see any viability in this spec..maybe as a dual spec for a dedicated raider?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=081116010304

Focuses on getting all the buffs available and improving them. Healer-oriented, but i assume you could run it ret or prot as well

thoughts?

Re: Buffer/healer 25 man raid spec

This is terrible. I would never bring a Pally specced this way to any raid.

Blizz has made it so that when you leave a raid all your buffs go with you. I can't imagine that they'd allow you to abuse the dual-spec system to get all the improved buffs for free.

That said, this character would be nothing but dead weight inside the raid. 20 points in Prot is acceptable for a Holy Pally who raids in a guild with no Tree. But only in that situation and definitely not to the exclusion of getting Beacon.

You basically traded our three best abilities (Beacon, JotP and Infusion of Light) for Blessing of Sanctuary. The standard Holy Build picks up Imp Might and if your raid has a Tree, your Imp Devo Aura is wasted.

Also, Glyph Seal of Light is never the way to go. The mana regen of Glyph of Seal of Wisdom blows it out of the water.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Now to argue that:
    Dual spec allows switching between any 2 specs, glyphs/actionbars; so i dont see how this wouldnt WORK...i personally see it as just an improvement to raid performance overall

Maybe blizzard will make buffs void if you switch specs needing them to be reapplied?? is that what you mean?

First off, that wouldnt really help since most people want an assortment of buffs. In my guild we have 2 holy pallies and a ret pally normally. We have the ret spec for kings and one holy pally (me) specs for imp might. That way we have imp might, wis, and kings covered. If a prot comes he buffs sanc

Secondly
    Also, Glyph Seal of Light is never the way to go. The mana regen of Glyph of Seal of Wisdom blows it out of the water.
    I dont know about you but mana is never an issue in raids. I would never take the glyph of seal of wisdom. Throughput is way more important then reduced mana when your getting 2500 mp5 from Replenishment

Quote Originally Posted by frostbite1337
    Maybe blizzard will make buffs void if you switch specs needing them to be reapplied?? is that what you mean?
    This will almost assuredly be the case.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Alrighty, just wondering if that would be viable...(not really planning on going that) but would be kinda fun to play around with
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    Secondly
    I dont know about you but mana is never an issue in raids. I would never take the glyph of seal of wisdom. Throughput is way more important then reduced mana when your getting 2500 mp5 from Replenishment
    I don't know about you, but my HL hits for about twice as much as it did pre-wotlk while most people's health (tanks included) has only increased by about a third. This means that Pallies now are doing lots of over healing. So your first priority should be extending the life of your mana pool. Once you can comfortably cover the legnth of all current fights (with HLs, not FoLs), then you can start focusing on your other stats.

BoW Glyph is a key component to the so-called "infinite HLs" (the ability to cast non-stop HLs forever based mostly off the regen of Plea). This is out of reach with the gear currently in the game, but "infinite enough HLs" is very much possible.

I can chain cast HLs (with the occasional Judge and Plea) throughout the entirety of a Patchwerk fight. Without BoW Glyph there's no way that would be possible. Or it would require a good deal more stacked Int at least. The amount of mana being returned over three minutes of chain casting HL is a far greater benifit than a 5% increase to healing.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>