Starting a priest.

Hey guys, sorry to make another topic on this matter, i knwo i can just search the forums for my answers. But today the forum is loading real slow or not loading at all for me, so this was just easier for me to get my information.

My friend is making a rogue, and wants me to recruit him, so i thought i'd make something i haven't played till end game. Was either a priest, or warlock.

As i miss healing from time to times, i went for the priest, i could of done a shaman, or druid, but i wanted a full caster base class this time around (been playing hybirds for the past year-2).

So my question is, what spec should i go, with the recruit a friend i gain 300% exp, so i don't need to kill as much. Would it be worth me going for a healing build, while my friend does the work, or go hybird healing/sp to mix it up?

Aswell what race should i pick (thinking human for the pvp trinket and 3% spirit), but draenei for the hot and 1% hit is nice, or Nelf for the shadowmeld. I don't know which is better for end game healing.

Aswell if people could give me a small run on what i should collect, (nothing major while leveling i can tell), but mainy a spec will be useful.

Thanks

Re: Starting a priest.

DORF

My priest was my first. From experience, go shadow. I was able to heal as shadow until I hit lvl 63, and that was before the crazy instance nerfs. The increased dmg will help a lot, and once you can pickup Shadowform/Vampiric Embrace + Imp. Vamp. Embrace, everything will go much faster as that will provide you all the heals you'll ever need.

Priests are a pain to level until 40, but with the 3x experience you should be fine.

And yeah, the 3x experience applies to both mobs and quests. It's really quite awesome.

Thanks for the reply, just curious on the race still, don't think dwarf gives anything useful for anyone to be honest, apart from the range gun crit.

Thinking human as my friend wants to be human and wwe can quest from lvl 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic
    Thanks for the reply, just curious on the race still, don't think dwarf gives anything useful for anyone to be honest, apart from the range gun crit.

I rolled Undead since all my characters are Horde. For PvP go Dwarf. Stoneform is a great compliment to priest weaknesses. For PvE... I'm not sure. You'll need input from someone more experienced with alliance racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic

not ANOTHER alliance->roll Horde!

Draenei imo!
    Sexy + Free Hot + 1% hit = Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Draenei imo!
    Sexy + Free Hot + 1% hit = Win!
    lol I just have a hard time being attracted to anything with a tail. Something about involving animals being generally illegal world-wide?

=)

Quote Originally Posted by donofthedead
    lol I just have a hard time being attracted to anything with a tail. Something about involving animals being generally illegal world-wide?

=)
    Always better than a hairy dwarf or a rotting ud imo XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Always better than a hairy dwarf or a rotting ud imo XD
    qft.

My rogue is a BE. Mostly because I could just feel the WotF "change" coming, but partially because I liked the idea of a free silence/kick racial.

My DK is a female BE because female BE DK voices are hawt. Reminds me of a dominatrix... except she actually wants to kill you.

I rolled a dwarf back in the day when dwarves were the only one with fearward. Now, I kind of wish I could switch to human. 1% hit isn't a big deal since there are so many draenei around. I'm sure you'll have them in your group quite often. An extra hot from draenei is nice since it scales with sd now, but I can't stand the backward legs they got. Shadowmeld is cool, but it isn't enough for me. As human, you get diplomacy (rep isnt' that hard to get anymore), everyman for himself (that's an extra trinket slot that you don't have), and +3% to Spr is alright with me. There may be some other stuff, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

Just MY preference.

No Kosic, DON'T!!! D: