Forced to wear crit PvP gear?

I guess there wont be affliction PvP gear for lock cos it not mentionned in the first free tiers of PvP gear. I also couldn't see it Wotlk beta! Good luck on your corruption crits.

Re: Forced to wear crit PvP gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Razza
    I guess there wont be affliction PvP gear for lock cos it not mentionned in the first free tiers of PvP gear. I also couldn't see it Wotlk beta! Good luck on your corruption crits.
    What do you want? Afflic locks already do massive amounts of dot damage, you just need time to live, which surprisingly is what all locks need.

15+ Year Old Account

Pandemic is not reduced by Resilience.

Dot ticks already suffer from a resilience decrease. Having resilience affect Pandemic would be doubledipping, something they want to avoid.
    So when your 1000 corruption tick is reduced to 800 by resilience, the proc will also hit for 800.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    What do you want? Afflic locks already do massive amounts of dot damage, you just need time to live, which surprisingly is what all locks need.
    If by massive amounts of damage you mean that they do damage comparable to other classes after a 30 second window that melee can burst in under 10 seconds then yes. Crit is NOT a major stat for affliction.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

The piss poor itemization sucks but atm warlocks have bigger concerns. I'd prefer Blizz do something about 13k eviscerates and sudden death procs through my resilience gear first.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    its a pretty un-massive ammount of damage, actually. As a full afflock, assuming roughtly 65% Haunt uptime (which is assuming a lot in PvP), i will have to load up the average Hateful Gladiator equipped plate dps'er with FOUR COMPLETE SETS OF DOTS to kill them. Thats... nearly a minute of DPS, when they can burn me down in 8-12 seconds. DoT's really dont do the ammount of damage (as a % of total enemy health) that they used to. DoT's are REALLY low impact now.

in PvP in particular,though, crit IS an affliction stat. Pandemic is going to be a major source of damage for Afflocks in PvP, since your chance to get a pandemic proc is NOT reduced by resilience (though the "crit" is the same damage as the original DoT tick so the damage is being impacted by resilience). So having a very high crit rate may be the only way for a lock to really load up the DoT damage and make it as threatening as it used to be. (having a 35-40% proc rate on Pandemic would make DoTs do roughtly the same ammount of enemy health (as a %) that they used to do.

If they dont get purged. Or healed through.

Did over 100 arena matches tonight in 2's and 3's (mostly). Its every bit as bad as we feared. I have 2x S5 purples from archavon and the rest naxx/pvp blues. Almost 5% crit reduction. The scary part is per the combat log parses most of the time its direct dmg, not crits, that kills me. We are talking burst w' soul link from 100% to dead in a global cooldown. 20K HP and a few hundred resilience w' soul link (sometimes meta too) and its worth nothing. I'm not sure what blizz dev team's threshold for broken is regarding lock PVP but I know what my threshold is for non renewal. If direct dmg non crit is plenty to burst me in a gcd or two through the best healer efforts in the most defensive of specs there is little point in playing. L2P isn't a factor if you are burst so fast the trinket animation hasn't finished yet before you fall.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Maybe resi needs a higher buff

Maybe is the case to level a Melee to do PvP??
    Coz is simply ridicolous the time we can stay alive in an arena...0.000000004324 sec
    simply suck..Blizz Go to Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Coz is impossible tht the envelopers cant see this during the test on beta!!! WTF XD

Blizzard has known this was an issue for a long time. They saw locks being crushed in beta and did NOTHING. You would have to believe that they have no idea how to fix warlocks. Of course Blizzard wont admit that because they want your monthly fee.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

15+ Year Old Account

1) Warlocks have the highest dependancy of any class on resilience.
    2) Resilience cap not reachable before this season.

I forsee fixes to our problems, but qq'ing now is like qq'ing that dude in S2 just owned your face because you hit level 70 yesterday.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Did over 100 arena matches tonight in 2's and 3's (mostly). Its every bit as bad as we feared. I have 2x S5 purples from archavon and the rest naxx/pvp blues. Almost 5% crit reduction. The scary part is per the combat log parses most of the time its direct dmg, not crits, that kills me. We are talking burst w' soul link from 100% to dead in a global cooldown. 20K HP and a few hundred resilience w' soul link (sometimes meta too) and its worth nothing. I'm not sure what blizz dev team's threshold for broken is regarding lock PVP but I know what my threshold is for non renewal. If direct dmg non crit is plenty to burst me in a gcd or two through the best healer efforts in the most defensive of specs there is little point in playing. L2P isn't a factor if you are burst so fast the trinket animation hasn't finished yet before you fall.
    This. People don't get it.

I'm tired of hearing "wait until you have more resilience, you'll be fine."

First of all warlocks don't get to throw on season 5 gear and fight everyone in season 4 gear. Your oponents will be getting season 5 gear too and you won't have made any gain since before season 5 came out. No, resilience isn't some stat that differs from class to class. Warlocks only think it benefits them more because they aren't getting 100-0 stunlocked anymore.

Second, too high crit damage is a product of too high base damage. Resilience can't do anything about base damage being too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    This. People don't get it.

I'm tired of hearing "wait until you have more resilience, you'll be fine."

First of all warlocks don't get to throw on season 5 gear and fight everyone in season 4 gear. Your oponents will be getting season 5 gear too and you won't have made any gain since before season 5 came out. No, resilience isn't some stat that differs from class to class. Warlocks only think it benefits them more because they aren't getting 100-0 stunlocked anymore.

Second, too high crit damage is a product of too high base damage. Resilience can't do anything about base damage being too high.
    And to think I thought Warhammer was a shit ass game because they went live with class very inbalanced. Now I'm not one to whine, especially about a company doing there own stuff.... but at least make the class function.

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-793881.jpg
    Farming Resist Sets & Attunements > Instance Gating

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    this right here.

What people arent realizing is that more resilience isnt really going to help - because its the non-crit damage that is far too high. I mean, sure, resilience will make sure you dont get two-shot by OMGCRITZ!, but when they can 4-shot you WITHOUT criting you and do so in 2-3 GCDs, thats still insane and RESILIENCE WILL BE OF NO USE.

base damage from up-front damage dealers (people with many instant attacks) is far too high, without even getting into crit damage being a problem.

Resilience is nice and all, but it since it isnt protecting you at al from 3-5k non-crit attacks, its not a panacea that will all of a sudden make everything OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    ...its not a panacea that will all of a sudden make everything OK.
    Completely accurate and great word usage. I take back my comment on the other thread where I said most people on here have a third grade level of education.
    Definition of useless -

Didden't they change so drain effects also could crit? Or was that only Priest's Mind Flay that got lucky.

they changed mind flay into a totally new spell (or they copy pasted the broken arcane missiles code). its not a drain anymore in that respect.

Drains and DoTs still dont crit.... sigh.

Well atleast UA and Corr can inflict double damage
    Definition of useless -