Which Glyphs do YOU Use for PVE as Ret?

So after finding out recently that the Glyph of Seal of Blood is near worthless, I was wondering what glyphs most ret pallies use for PVE?

Glyph of Judgement is obviously a no brainer. That leaves Glyp of Consecration, Glyph of Crusader Strike, and Glyp of Spiritual Attunement to fill the last 2 glyph spots. Currently I use GoCS since I always use the ability, in every situation unlike Consencration, but was wondering what would be the best combo for mana conservation? Would GoCS and GoSA be best, or CS and Consecration?

Re: Which Glyphs do YOU Use for PVE as Ret?

I have glyph of judgement.

That is all.

i've heard the consecrate glyph is good for an extra 50dps or so if you can afford to keep consecrate up all the time.

I don't like to prioritize consecrate at all in my rotation, so I haven't gotten it yet.

Most of our glyphs are for the most part terribad. Minus the judgement glyph. That one is mandatory.

The Sense Undead glyph probably isn't awful for nax. but that's about it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Judgement / Consecration / SA

And obviously the Glyph of Sense Undead, every little bit counts.

I guess my biggest question was if you are spamming Consencration and Crusader Strike over a set period of time on a boss fight, which glyph will end up saving you more mana? Would making Consencration last 2 seconds longer and having to use it less save more, or 20% off the mana cost of CS?

And also would going with the Glyph of Spiritual Attunement be a bigger pay off in most cases than either/or the Consencrate/CS glyphs? If anyone has done the math, I would love to see the results.

I run with the glyphs for Judgement, SoC, and CS. Sure i might get 50 more dps out of Cons but i would much rather have SoC so that its worth using in situations where blood is less than best.

I have found that extra 2 seconds of uptime on the consecrate screws with my rotations and I actually lose dps due to cooldowns on certain abilities. There was a spreadsheet up on EJ that explained it, I didn't find it until after the fact. I use Glyph of Blood, Judgment, and Crusader Strike myself. I do use consecrate but on the standard CD as it just seems to fit better in my rotation that way.

Quote Originally Posted by benny32
    I have found that extra 2 seconds of uptime on the consecrate screws with my rotations and I actually lose dps due to cooldowns on certain abilities. There was a spreadsheet up on EJ that explained it, I didn't find it until after the fact. I use Glyph of Blood, Judgment, and Crusader Strike myself. I do use consecrate but on the standard CD as it just seems to fit better in my rotation that way.
    Consecrate Glyph >>>>>> SoB Glyph at this point. Just consecrate every time its up, just don't make it a priority. It should NOT mess up your rotation unless you are using a craptastic macro to "try" and do everything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    I run with the glyphs for Judgement, SoC, and CS. Sure i might get 50 more dps out of Cons but i would much rather have SoC so that its worth using in situations where blood is less than best.
    Well, Blood is the best for raids, which is what I am looking to max my DPS in. Blood is more DPS than Command and on top of that (and possibly more importantly) you are taking small amounts of damage and getting healed so that's much more mana back to keep pumping out max DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by benny32
    I'm sorry but this makes no sense at all. It screws with your rotation how exactly? It last 2 seconds longer so that is 2 more seconds you have to use whatever abilities before you have to use Consencration again. With the Cons. glyph you basically get a free consencration in every 40 second period which is 869 less mana used. Spamming cons. every time it is up would mean you use the ability 5 times in 40 seconds without the glyph, with you would only have to use it 4 times.

If you could find the data on how this messes up a rotation I would love to read it. As I see it it does nothing but benefit you. Oh and btw, why would you use Glyph of Blood over Glyph of Spiritual Attunement? It's multiplicative so it's only 10% of 10%, which is 1%. It makes you gain back 11% rather than 20% (which would be additive, 10%+10%=20%).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

When you were busy looking at some weird rotations for Consecration or whatever, you missed one other thing, unrelated, but important.

The glyph for Seal of Blood is worse than SA, as it's not additive, so it doesn't increase it by 10%, it is essentially a 1% increase.
    SA is a flat 2% increase, you can use both, but it's pointless as there are better glyphs to take, like Judgement and Consecration.

Just realized that Deathleech explained it before I did, but what the hell

I'll have to see if I can find that spreadsheet again, it's entirely possible I screwed up a value in there while tinkering with it. I also have switched out my SoB glyph as that does make a lot more sense to use SA, though it boggles the mind as to why they even bothered with SoB then.

Glpyhs of Judgment and Consecration are a must to maximize dps. The final glyph is between SA and CS, although most calculations show that on extended boss fights, CS returns more mana (in the form of savings), but it's difficult to say it definitively is better due to the variability of damage done by players and time length on bosses.

Glyph of sense undead might as well take it...you have 3 minor slots and half the mobs in northrend are undead.

Judgment
    Crusader Strike
    Consecration

Sense Undead
    Lay on Hands (one that grants 2k mana to the person it heals)
    Blessing of Might (for when I solo)

I may change out Might for the other LoH one so when I use LoH I get mana back too (self targeted means 4k+ mana to you!)

judgement
    crusader strike

and the new hammer of wrath is eliminating the mana cost completely which will be useful seeing as it can be a pretty high cost for rets.

Judgement
    Consecration
    Avenging Wrath

I dont get it why people use SA or Seal of blood glyph. Even with them you go oom in 10 man raids. After bug fix i dont have mana issues in 25man raids.

to all those judgement and nothing else(as a glyph) retris how much dps do you do on average in naxx? Cause im struggling to keep up with the rest of the raid. Im currently at 3.3-3.5k dps spiking at patchwerk/noth at about 4k-4.2k. But i cant keep up with rogues/mages/hunters doing 5k+. Its getting frustrating for me cause i know i could be replaced so i want to as much dmg as possible.

Glyph of sense undead is yum =]

1% damage in naxx! x]

more of a filler till something better comes along :P xx
    Filth - 80 Nelf DK - Darksorrow EU
    Bellsprout - 80 Dwarf Paladin - Darksorrow EU
    Yiddo - 80 UD Mage - Neptulon EU

Its getting frustrating for me cause i know i could be replaced so i want to as much dmg as possible.
    You rolled ret pally, you are not taken for your awesome dps. You have utility from buffs and other things. Otherwise what would be the point in taking anything other than Core DPS classes.

I myself am doing just fine DPS wise and am managing to stay within top 5 on most 25man raid bosses the majority of time.

Currently using. Judge, CS and SoC glyphs, (SoC cuz i like to pvp in spare time.)

I haven't seen it, or heard of it being used yet, but in beta there was supposedly a glyph that reduced the cooldown of HoW while Avenging Wrath was up by 3 seconds.

I mean, that's not as good as the Judgement glyph or anything, but certainly it could add up to a ton of damage if your AW cooldown aligns with the last 20% of a boss's HP. It's our hardest single hitter even without crits, crits more than 75% of the time, and now if AW is up you can use it every 3 seconds, so you'd be getting around 3 extra HoW in each fight, that's more than 12000 damage on average, for one fight.

It's not a tremendous raw DPS increase, but it could easily spell the difference between a wipe and not a wipe.

Also, I use Judgement for the damage increase, CS to save mana, The Wise, Sense Undead, BoM, and I'm going to switch to glyph of Hammer of Wrath for the reduced mana cost.

Judgement, Consecration and Divinity here.

Divinity, when paired with the minor glyph for LoH, lets me refill my manabar completely at the cost of one global cooldown.

Works better for me than a static reduction to CS.

I tried out the Avenging Wrath glyph, and although it takes a bit of planning to make sure you've got AW up during the last 20%, it's pretty nice. Other than that, I like the consecration glyph and the Judgment one is mandatory, of course.