Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

This is how Blizzard is fixing the holy paladin AOE problem !

GC is giving tips on official forums.... yes .... seriously.... thats their solution

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1312...y-paladin.html

Now... Lets remind Blizzard of few things

Why is there a "myth" (acording to GC) going around that holy paladins have tough time in AOE fights ? Has it something to do with Sunwell ? Who created SW so that 1 healing class was unable to do that? (5 man pug -yes like many OTHER healers are doing).

And who then desided to launch an expansion WITHOUT making SURE that everyone knew that a mediocer healer of ANY healing class would be able to do those new 5 man fights ?

And who then desided to launch holy paladins into that same expansion KNOWING and ADMITTING that they were the ONLY healing class unable to deal with AOE of those 5 man content ?

Holy paladins are NOT only for 25 man raids (like MR GC dares to suggest with his " DONT bring the players - Bring the classes! when it comes to healing" (or at least not more than 1 holy paladin). Many casual players are playing their paladin as a healer in 5 mans - and now those players are stuck with the "myth" that holy paladins can't deal with AOE.... Sadly its not a myth... But Blizzard is here to help !! giving tips....

Last time I checked the 5 mans Qs were not exploding with healers... But partly that can be explained with the fact that MANY dont consider holy paladins to be a real healer in 5 mans...

Re: This is how Blizzard is fixing the holy paladin AOE problem !

I'm not going to tell you Heroic HoL is easy or fun. And I even agree with you that every healer (including Holy Paladins) should be given the basic tools it takes to be an effective healer (big heal, small/fast heal, instant heal, heal over time, aoe heal, and bubble).

However, you seem to be suggesting that Heroic HoL is impossible for a paladin healer and I know from personal experience that it can be done. A few people died (myself included), but I blame my gear for not being very good (mix of 70 epics and quest reward blues) and the dead people for not running away fast enough. GCs suggestions are pretty spot on, actually.

Do I still think holy paladins should have an AoE heal? Yes. But let's not pretend we're incapable of Heroic HoL to convince people.

I gave up on holy spec back when SW hit. Stopped caring after I rerolled a Resto Shammy.

The idea of a "MT healer" is such a stupid, stupid "niche" especially when other classes are a very, very close second in that capacity (even though you're not even remotely a close second or third in AoE or HoT healing).

Wonger13

Your group must suck. I judge light and beacon myself or the tank and I have no problem healing loken or any aoe fight. Of maybe you just suck?

H HoL was done with me tanking and a holy paladin in full blues healing. Then we heard it was hard.

Funny really.

Here is your solution......

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=191608030604

Screw everyone else... at least the tank and you will live... LAWL
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    Here is your solution......

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=191608030604

Screw everyone else... at least the tank and you will live... LAWL
    WOuldnt beacon on the tank and healing yourself keep you both alive better?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Wonger13

With everyone huddled together HL glyphed will heal everyone, also you can heal whoever is the lowest on HP and it will heal the beacon. Judgment of light will heal everyone who attacking the boss, who is everyone but the you : / not hard

Quote Originally Posted by Wonger13
    Your group must suck. I judge light and beacon myself or the tank and I have no problem healing loken or any aoe fight. Of maybe you just suck?

This sums it.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic
    Can all in this thread just take a moment and realize this:

Successrate in Loken fight (HoL) is not because of the healer, but the players IQ level.

End.

True, true, true. The responsibility for surviving Loken lies upon the players and their ability to move at the right time.

And if you can't heal any heroic in the game as a holy pally, you're just not very good at it.

I'd sympathize towards poor Holy Paladins who have such a tough time in Heroic instances if only I wasn't healing the said instances as a ret spec, in blue / 10man gear with 0 enchants and missing gems.

Sure, not going to deny that a resto druid rolling LB on the tank and spamming WG on everything else or a priest with a brick on their CoH key has an easier time; but I couldn't care less for the QQ of the "ZOMG HOLY PALA CANT HEAL 5MAN" kind - if you're failing at keeping your group up in a 5 man as holy, you're either a terrible player, or the rest of your group is garbage - and that's your own issue, not the issue of your class.

Here is a strategy I have seen used a lot on heroic Loken with a paladin healing.

-- Everyone moves to melee together. The paladin casts Beacon on himself.
    -- When you get the emote for Lightning Nova, everyone moves back together.
    -- There is often a misperception that Lightning Nova has a huge range. It doesn't. You don't have to move far.
    -- You also don't need to run back to Loken. Let him come to you. Then next Lightning Nova, move backwards again. You can do a slow kite all the way around the globe if you need to.
    -- Of Loken's three abilities, Lightning Nova is the worst, followed by Pulsing Shockwave. Arc Lightning can do a lot of damage, but it's not always worth spreading out to try and avoid it because then the other two abilities can nail you. However, if you are getting multiple stacks of Arc Lightning, the damage can add up. If it gets to be a problem, try to spread out slightly but still move together as a group.
    -- This isn't a healing fight at the end of the day. It's a movement and coordination fight, much like Murmur in Shadow Labs.

Loken does kill more players than any other boss. He's not a pushover. Good luck!

rofl.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    WOuldnt beacon on the tank and healing yourself keep you both alive better?
    No. The holy paladin is taking AE damage but the tank is still on the boss. Bacon only gives the target the effective heal of the spell. Not the entire spell.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Actually, in 5 mans there is no reason ever to put beacon on anything else than a maintank, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

If there's no spread damage around the group, you don't need the beacon at all as you're just happily flashing away at your tank. If there's lots of group damage - you'll be doing plenty of healing towards the tank through beacon while healing up the group.

Go ahead, come up with hypothetical situation where beacon on something other than tank would be better, I'd like to see it.

Wonger13

Quote Originally Posted by Vitrie
    I'd sympathize towards poor Holy Paladins who have such a tough time in Heroic instances if only I wasn't healing the said instances as a ret spec, in blue / 10man gear with 0 enchants and missing gems.

Sure, not going to deny that a resto druid rolling LB on the tank and spamming WG on everything else or a priest with a brick on their CoH key has an easier time; but I couldn't care less for the QQ of the "ZOMG HOLY PALA CANT HEAL 5MAN" kind - if you're failing at keeping your group up in a 5 man as holy, you're either a terrible player, or the rest of your group is garbage - and that's your own issue, not the issue of your class.

Show us proof or it didn't happen

You're welcome to make an alt on my server tomorrow to witness such an INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT feat as is clearing a 5man.

christ why do you want aoe when you HOLY go ret if u want to dps
    My God you're retarded.

Heal pala is sux - basic info for me.
    BoL - too expensive, 60s too short time, efectivness heal sux, don´t remember u heal 0 - beacon 0.
    Sacred shield - 30s that´s LOL and does´nt work correctly. It absorb 40- 2200dmg but why?
    judgement of the pure - the great sux. 3xjudgement and no effect? and more - u cast 1,2s flash and other classes instants? u cast and target is full.... yeah pala is great overhealer but efectivness healing? 10-30%..
    If u want to save any live u have instant (crit + shok) - no more i can smell 4k healing?? lol lol
    other classes can cast Ns + great heal (12k)
    and alot of encounters - no hot no life. Silenc, spider web and too much another boss effect - pala can only
    see when tank has down. Pala is best single target healer - the great lol.
    Count how much u must refresh in every fight + cd between them.. SS, Bol, pure, and flash flash flash yeah sryy tank is down i used trinket sry
    in our guild is only 2 holy pala cause 3 changed their main. I want to make it too. PALA is now only for bless.

http://wowwebstats.com/cachll2veriim last nax great overhealing but effectivness FUCK Pala

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    No. The holy paladin is taking AE damage but the tank is still on the boss. Bacon only gives the target the effective heal of the spell. Not the entire spell.
    ...Then the reverse is equally easy.

Creativity is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jormaa
    go rerol priest or druid for 1 button spam aoe button .. oh wait they are putting 6 sec cd on it

when 3.0.8 go live all braindeads for all classes will die or quit what is only good thing if you ask me

better quality for pugs/random groups and less qq/whining in forums
    Braindead players dont play healing specs, they get yelled at too much.