Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gladiator Slappywagzz on Priests in S5

http://www.gladiatorinterviews.com - to read the whole thing!

Slappywagzz: I think Priest Warlock will again be a really strong combo since it will be able to counter a lot of the teams. It's going to be insanely difficult for any 2 DPS team to kill a Priest with pain surpression, PI, aegis and a Warlock there to CC.

Disc Priests are almost impossible to kill with imp Inner Fire and then all of their instants and Shield talents (their Power Word Shield absorbs an INSANE amounts with talents + they have Aegis). I can tank Rogues until OOM no problem with fear and divine hymn.

Slappywagzz: And Shadow Priests are the same, with dispersion and their mana talents I don't see Shadow Priests as being a viable target at all, which will let them free cast and do crazy damage

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gladiator Slappywagzz on Priests in S5

LULZ.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yet when you read http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17674

You realise that Shadow is not the way to go. I think I'll ditch the idea after all, and go Disc.

Slappywagzz: I really think Priests are amazingly strong right now. Definately one of the strongest classes if not THE strongest, both Shadow and Disc.

LOL! I got hitt down inn less then a sec with 22k HP and ca 560 ressi or so by a warrior today, (I got 2 deadly) I hope that was a lucky sudden death! (btw was tank spec even!)

I didn't have the "amazingly strong right now" experience at all. As a matter of fact, I got steamrolled several times in 2v2's. Both my warrior partner and I are seasoned pvpers (not just on my priest, either) and I was disappointed at best. I realize today was the first day blah blah, my res isn't super high blah blah, but no one is geared for arenas at this point either. I really like the changes they made to the Disc tree in WotLK but popping the usual survival tactics (Pain Sup, Reflective Shield, PoM, Renew) I still got stomped in seconds, mainly by double dps teams AND I didn't come across a single team with a rogue in it. Dps/healer teams I managed to kite, pillar hump, etc but I still came to a sticky end.

I'm not really complaining as much as stating a fact and I haven't given up on priest PvP. But, ouch, my pride hurts a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeons
    Slappywagzz: And Shadow Priests are the same, with dispersion and their mana talents I don't see Shadow Priests as being a viable target at all, which will let them free cast and do crazy damage
    errrm did i missed someting? welcome to the world of melecraft were shadow piests are on the bottom of the food chain ...
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    errrm did i missed someting? welcome to the world of melecraft were shadow piests are on the bottom of the food chain ...
    According to Slappywags, the fact that we can Dispersion once every 3-5 minutes makes us very ineffective for opposing DPS to target, so we'll basically be ignored and get to rack up the mad DPS!

I can't wait until everyone else reads this interview and stops killing me first!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Yet when you read http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17674

You realise that Shadow is not the way to go. I think I'll ditch the idea after all, and go Disc.
    The movie a guy quoted in that thread just makes me wanna cry
    http://files.filefront.com/Arenasswm.../fileinfo.html

And I who thought they would fix rogues

Maybe you guys are just bad and don't know how to spec and use your spells properly? Why not give it a shot before bashing someone who knows how to play just because you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    According to Slappywags, the fact that we can Dispersion once every 3-5 minutes makes us very ineffective for opposing DPS to target, so we'll basically be ignored and get to rack up the mad DPS!

I can't wait until everyone else reads this interview and stops killing me first!
    QFT

The guy lives in a different world to the rest of us I fear.

Deleted

Being a gladiator in S4 doesn't mean anything in S5 because everything has changed in so many ways that S5 migh as well be on another planet compared to S4. Hence his theorycrafting means nothing as well.

Uh, you guys realize this is a joke right?

If you have access to the arenajunkies rant room, go find the post about it.
    lolol

Shadow Priests are ridiculously overpowered and always have been. The key is - they are not supposed to get up in melee range and try to do face-to-face combat with a melee. You are a caster. You are supposed to do damage from range. I don't care that the arena maps are all flat, open terrain. A warrior or rogue is -supposed- to dominate in flat, open areas. A priest dominates them in terrain that is broken, has different levels, has a water hazard, etc. In starcraft terms, a shadow priest is a seige tank. You get on a ledge overlooking a valley, and blast away. Same as day one. Being good at arena-in-a-box-of-flatland does not make you good at pvp.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums
    Shadow Priests are ridiculously overpowered and always have been. The key is - they are not supposed to get up in melee range and try to do face-to-face combat with a melee. You are a caster. You are supposed to do damage from range. I don't care that the arena maps are all flat, open terrain. A warrior or rogue is -supposed- to dominate in flat, open areas. A priest dominates them in terrain that is broken, has different levels, has a water hazard, etc. In starcraft terms, a shadow priest is a seige tank. You get on a ledge overlooking a valley, and blast away. Same as day one. Being good at arena-in-a-box-of-flatland does not make you good at pvp.
    And you're a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums
    Blade's edge arena?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Deleted

Wow..Kokolums.. You must be playing the wrong game.. seriously..

DR rotation between fears and Hymn of Hope is a great idea. Combined with all the mana talents 5 shadowpriest comp is going to be insanely tough to beat.

You guys are aware it was all a joke and he was infact just trolling right...

In 3 arenas I did today with my Demonology lock friend - I got focused 1st, thanks to stoneform I managed to get some distance and thanks to Dispersion I lived for 6 seconds longer. It took my lock friend about 30 secs to finish off all of our opponents who were all at 15K hp without any PvP gear on.

WE'RE IMBA!1111111

12 games today just to see what shadow is about now. Went 7-5, the 7 wins were against caster teams, the 5 losses were against melee teams. One rogue even hit me for 11k once lol. Looks like the same shit as s3-s4 to me.