Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: the different between 1% max mana and 2% base mana

Quote Originally Posted by Mistrblank
    Fail. Ret paladins use DPS warrior gear which has 0 int.

Um, no, you fail. Check your stats. Even warriors naturally have intellect...

why did we have all these retarded posts after I did the friggin math for everyone...

Base mana: defined as your mana pool without the benefit of any intellect

Your base mana is NEVER = to your max mana because of innate int.

Look at the math on page 1 to see why it is a small buff for ret and more of a whine-fest for most casters/mana dependent dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistrblank
    Fail. Ret paladins use DPS warrior gear which has 0 int.
    God. You made me agree with Tigercat. Hang your head in shame.

Basically, it does not need to scale from the paladins side.

You're giving a mana user X extra casts per fight. These X extra casts do more damage, hence the scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaisen
    lol, some people shouldnt be allowed to post

How the fuck can a small buff be a nerf?
    The math is already posted, I was posting based on pure gut instinct, and guess what I was fucking right, it barely give ret any extra mana, and terribly nerfs JoW for basically every other spec in the game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You guys don't pay attention to your casters much. Mana return is coming from a ton of different sources right now. No one is going oom (unless they're idiots).

Blizz kept saying they wanted mana management part of the game. Looks like they intend to.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    The math is already posted, I was posting based on pure gut instinct, and guess what I was fucking right, it barely give ret any extra mana, and terribly nerfs JoW for basically every other spec in the game.
    It reduces other classes mana return for about 1/2-1/3 depending on class an gear, but ret returns goes from about 50 to almost 90 per hit. If it gives you "barely extra mana" then you're wearing int gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldwyn
    It reduces other classes mana return for about 1/2-1/3 depending on class an gear, but ret returns goes from about 50 to almost 90 per hit. If it gives you "barely extra mana" then you're wearing int gear.
    Your Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Maybe this will help:

Base mana @ 80 according to Wowwiki - Paladin 4394 (source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_mana)

Unbuffed intellect of a retadin = ~98 (+1190 mana)

2% of base mana = 87.88
    1% of max mana = 55.84

Definite nerf to raid members with int, minor buff to ret mana regen.
    ^This is Before Raid buffs, you know things like kings and Arcane Intellect(60 Int). So we are looking at having around 6.5-7k mana. Plus its not like Ret is having Mana issues in raids in the first place. Its a nerf to the utility of the spell. Granted you will still be using it, so there is nothing to really complain about, other than its what it is.

Deleted

u know what?
    i - as a moonkin - dont care about blizz nerfing this.

raidbuffed in 25's i reg to 100% mana between two casts and i don't even have more than half of my manareg talents.

i feel free to give my innervate to hunters/ret pallies who cry for mana *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by Zelt
    u know what?
    i - as a moonkin - dont care about blizz nerfing this.

raidbuffed in 25's i reg to 100% mana between two casts and i don't even have more than half of my manareg talents.

i feel free to give my innervate to hunters/ret pallies who cry for mana *lol*
    Seems to be the biggest nerf to mages and warlocks, seeing as they had the most mana beforehand, and their mana regen move cost a significant amount of dps

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Your Dumb
    My dumb what? You meant "you're" perhaps?
    ^This is Before Raid buffs, you know things like kings and Arcane Intellect(60 Int). So we are looking at having around 6.5-7k mana. Plus its not like Ret is having Mana issues in raids in the first place. Its a nerf to the utility of the spell. Granted you will still be using it, so there is nothing to really complain about, other than its what it is.
    It's still an increase. Besides in raids no one has serious mana issues. This change helps ret and prot mainly in solo and small group content. Though I think 2% of base is a bit small, GC claimed they wanted to keep the regen roughly same to holy paladins so it would have to be 3-4% depending on gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldwyn
    My dumb what? You meant "you're" perhaps?It's still an increase. Besides in raids no one has serious mana issues. This change helps ret and prot mainly in solo and small group content. Though I think 2% of base is a bit small, GC claimed they wanted to keep the regen roughly same to holy paladins so it would have to be 3-4% depending on gear level.
    Most holy paladins are gearing for straight int right now, so we have some of the highest mana pools in the game, if they buffed it so HPals get the same mana back it would be a buff for everyone.

Fair point. Still, that would mean 1% of max mana would be 65-70 mana returned versus nearly 90. Still a minor buff for ret.

/yawn

This change really has next to no impact on the game. What the hell are you all angry about?

Currently I get about 78 or so mana from JoW .. so it looks like I'll be getting 2 more mana per hit.

Ooooohhh.. no it's not much of a buff at all..

it could have a minor effect
    as a low-int mana class it's good
    as a high int-mana class ... i think you don't care
    Who cares about 100 mana ?!? if you dont get the 600 from the judgement (because its buggy) you will not get the replenishement ... so -> 0Mana returned -.-
    The thing i really care about is the judgement bugs. If they are fixed everything is fine.

in the raids I never saw a high mana class who goes oom in a bossfight -.- unless the dps is really tooo low
    ... so who cares -> just a little fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imbadin
    it could have a minor effect
    as a low-int mana class it's good
    as a high int-mana class ... i think you don't care
    Who cares about 100 mana ?!? if you dont get the 600 from the judgement (because its buggy) you will not get the replenishement ... so -> 0Mana returned -.-
    The thing i really care about is the judgement bugs. If they are fixed everything is fine.

in the raids I never saw a high mana class who goes oom in a bossfight -.- unless the dps is really tooo low
    ... so who cares -> just a little fix
    Warlocks have this move called lifetap, the less they have to use it the higher their dps.