Right, my death knight does shitty dps and I think he's horribly geared, here's the armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Unholybull
    any comment on this would help

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

Phoeniixxlol, I guess get ~20 more hit for the spell cap so no Pestilence misses.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Fenaris, your Dk is sub-par on gear but some things you should aim to replace consist of primarily, your rings, trinket and your blue wrists. Your rings use agility which isn't the best for dk's and there's some nice 245 rings if you have the time. Your trinket has stamina, a near useless use so it should be aimed for replacement. Your gemming is all over the place, I'd honestly say just stack strength, more strength and then some. Your spec is fine, though i prefer the unholy sub frost for the runic power free interrupt.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ht&cn=vatheran

^ There's my DK, I'd say he does pretty good dps on your typical tank and spank but can be worrysome on movement fights/high activity fights. Any tips/comments would be much appreciated! Currently aiming to replace wrists with either the saurfang 25 H leather wrists or the RS 10/H plate wrists and the haste trinket with the RS 25 arp trinket bringing me to around 97% arp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bim View Post
    There is no armory link on the one above me

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Bimwentevil
    Yea, this thread has been derailed. It used to be for rating peoples spec/gear/enchants and what not, while giving some tips. Now its turned in to a DK discussion thread.

As for you 9/10. Gear looks great except for a few minor issues. I would swap out the expertise ring for H Might of Blight because expertise isn't an issue for Unholy. Unholy isn't GCD locked like Blood or Frost. If you get dodged you can hit it again without losing much if any. I would also try to get the legs of 25 H Valithria again for the same reason. And lastly if you could also get the ArP neck off 25 H BQ, you would be set. Try for 7% hit and stick with a Space Goat. If you are under hit using the boot hit enchant or the glove hit enchant if you can use 14pts of it. Try to match sockets, I see you did for the most part, but there is a slot or two that could be matched. Other than that I drool over your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vath View Post

^ There's my DK, I'd say he does pretty good dps on your typical tank and spank but can be worrysome on movement fights/high activity fights. Any tips/comments would be much appreciated! Currently aiming to replace wrists with either the saurfang 25 H leather wrists or the RS 10/H plate wrists and the haste trinket with the RS 25 arp trinket bringing me to around 97% arp.
    8.5/10 Gear is pretty good. Gems and enchants seem too be correct. You are a ways above hit cap and a little above expertise cap. You are at almost 9% hit with gear and since you are frost you can technically dps just fine at 5%. ArP could be better, but that will come with gear. If you can get the ArP trinket off RS25 you would be set pretty good.

-----------------------

And now my turn. Hopefully I didn't make myself look like an idiot lol.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=sacredkhaos

Quote Originally Posted by Vath View Post
    Fenaris, your Dk is sub-par on gear but some things you should aim to replace consist of primarily, your rings, trinket and your blue wrists. Your rings use agility which isn't the best for dk's and there's some nice 245 rings if you have the time. Your trinket has stamina, a near useless use so it should be aimed for replacement. Your gemming is all over the place, I'd honestly say just stack strength, more strength and then some. Your spec is fine, though i prefer the unholy sub frost for the runic power free interrupt.

Replace the chest with T10 chest, even if it's the 264 version. You're gemming ArP so you want as much as you can get.

Replace your gloves with the emblem ones or H Aldriana's (BiS) when you can keep at least 5% hit still. So you'll probably need another BVB or Gunship bracers and you should be good for keeping hit.

Once you get the RS trinket you could optimize gemming by moving the Nightmare's Tear into the T10 chest's blue socket.

I don't like 5/5 KM. I already get chain procs with 4/5 and 5/5 imo isn't needed. I also prefer 2/2 CotG although some argue that having constant revitalize means you don't need it. I used to run 2 resto druids and disc and still went through all my RP. The point is really personal preference though I guess.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&gn=Veneration
    theres my dk, ignore shadow's edge and the bs unholy spec, was working on explorer. My normal weapons are 277 Bloodvenom Blade/264 Bloodvenom blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scudamore View Post
    Stop gemming +20 hit. Use Ametrines to get capped. Put your nightmare's tear in your chest. Put the dreadstone in your pants along with an Ametrine to activate the socket bonus.

You still have your Frost glyphs :P
    Thank you very much for the advice, now if you would stare directly into this light and just relax...

Quote Originally Posted by wobbrocker View Post
    theres my dk, ignore shadow's edge and the bs unholy spec, was working on explorer. My normal weapons are 277 Bloodvenom Blade/264 Bloodvenom blade.
    Pretty good for not doing much heroic 25 content, but your spec.. 3/3 in Morbidity? Thats a huge dps loss, go 3/3 in Ravenous Dead instead

my armory- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shadowbeam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholynight View Post
    Pretty good for not doing much heroic 25 content, but your spec.. 3/3 in Morbidity? Thats a huge dps loss, go 3/3 in Ravenous Dead instead

my armory- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shadowbeam
    Looks perfect to me. Also, damn you for having BQL neck, LDW boots, AND DBW.

Umm Unholynight wrote it's pretty good, but there is much place for improvement. And it's not just switching from 3/3 Morbidity to 3/3 Ravenous Dead. If you gem for ArP, you should probably replace your sigil with Sigil of Awareness. Also, dont aim for expertise cap as DK DPS, it's not that important. Never gem for expertise and if you have items with ArP instead of expertise, take them. Also, you may want to replace WFS normal with frost ilvl264 haste trinket, but Iam not completly sure about that.

Here is my DK: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gion&cn=Devizz

O_o wow I have no fucking idea why im specced into morbitidy. That just makes me feel stupid. And Deviss the only spec that doesnt care about expertise cap is unholy. As frost not having expertise cap is a dps loss.

O_o wow I have no fucking idea why im specced into morbitidy. That just makes me feel stupid. And Deviss the only spec that doesnt care about expertise cap is unholy. As frost not having expertise cap is a dps loss.
    Hmm, maybe you are right. Don't have much exp as frost dps. ^_^

At Deviss

Ugh shadowmourne want to buy, any reason you are still using the war token and not WFS or choice? Also when you replace your waist you're gonna be pretty screwed on hit ;(

All in all, nice character.

Can't post link FML.

Orckafella at Twisting nether EU.

My DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockafellaella View Post
    At Deviss

Ugh shadowmourne want to buy, any reason you are still using the war token and not WFS or choice? Also when you replace your waist you're gonna be pretty screwed on hit ;(

All in all, nice character.

Can't post link FML.

Orckafella at Twisting nether EU.

My DK.
    Gems could probably be optimized a little better. Have you checked your stat weights recently? Haste might be > crit with your current gear.

You don't need to worry so much about hit and 8% hit is not in any way significant for Frost, but it can be a hard habit to break :P. If you are someone who doesn't like to live dangerously you can go for spell hit (289 rating) or just go for 5% (special hit cap).

Don't really understand your spec choice. 5/5 KM and 0/2 CotG? If you are constantly getting GCD capped like that I'd be surprised. I'd recommend a point from BI and KM and put them into CotG. Unless you honestly have resto druids/disc priests constantly feeding you RP all the time.
    Last edited by Scudamore; 2010-08-16 at 05:45 PM.

Gems could probably be optimized a little better. Have you checked your stat weights recently? Haste might be > crit with your current gear.

You don't need to worry so much about hit and 8% hit is not in any way significant for Frost, but it can be a hard habit to break :P. If you are someone who doesn't like to live dangerously you can go for spell hit (289 rating) or just go for 5% (special hit cap).

Don't really understand your spec choice. 5/5 KM and 0/2 CotG? If you are constantly getting GCD capped like that I'd be surprised. I'd recommend a point from BI and KM and put them into CotG. Unless you honestly have resto druids/disc priests constantly feeding you RP all the time.
    I envy your gear T_T I can't see anything wrong (Unless it's my prefrence of gemming) 10/10 if i was to give it a rating.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...os&cn=Correlia

Few things bout my DK: My meta is technically better for my level of gear (Only just i would need some more heroic gear for the other one to be better I have sim'd this on RAWR aswell)

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    I envy your gear T_T I can't see anything wrong (Unless it's my prefrence of gemming) 10/10 if i was to give it a rating.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...os&cn=Correlia

Few things bout my DK: My meta is technically better for my level of gear (Only just i would need some more heroic gear for the other one to be better I have sim'd this on RAWR aswell)
    One gem in your ring should obviously be 10str/10haste but I'm guessing you just missed that one. Rawr is not reliable for anything DK related. Using a napkin, a pen, and the weights from here (Frost ilvl 264) I think you will find the other meta to be more optimal for Unholy (you'd need to use a Sovereign Dreadstone and Fierce Ametrine in your legs). Alternatively, you could calculate your personal weights or just sim the difference. I don't actually have a napkin so you'll have to do the math yourself :P

your gear isn't that bad, I was about to say: switch out 1 of your haste/str gems with a hit/str gem, your still under hit cap by a little bit. But then I realised your stupid raical gives you an additional 1% hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockafellaella View Post
    At Deviss

Ugh shadowmourne want to buy, any reason you are still using the war token and not WFS or choice? Also when you replace your waist you're gonna be pretty screwed on hit
    Iam using HWT and not WFS or DC because it's better then both of those trinkets, for unholy frost-subspec at least.
    DC HC > HWT > WFS HC > DC > WFS. On ToGC25 runs i alwayes lose roll for HC DC.

And for waist, I can't wait to get my hands on Coldwrath Links HC because I have my +10 str +10 hit gems ready. ^^

One gem in your ring should obviously be 10str/10haste but I'm guessing you just missed that one. Rawr is not reliable for anything DK related. Using a napkin, a pen, and the weights from here (Frost ilvl 264) I think you will find the other meta to be more optimal for Unholy (you'd need to use a Sovereign Dreadstone and Fierce Ametrine in your legs). Alternatively, you could calculate your personal weights or just sim the difference. I don't actually have a napkin so you'll have to do the math yourself :P
    Yea i just noticed that gem aswell /facepalm. The only reason i havent switched to the different meta is mainly cause I'm waiting for the heroic version of my legs that'll most likely be when i change my meta gem. Also I suck at math so i cbf doing it :P But i do know mostly what i have to do (If i don't i just ask a few DK friends of mine in the top guild on my server and that's usually to clear up some confusion i have)