Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Naxx10 - Four Horsemen - 2 healers?

Gonna try it tonight with two healers and two Prot Paladins. Kinda look forward to the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by estrild
    Naxx 10 can be cleared entirely with only 2 healers, MT, OT and 6 dps. Of course both healers need to be decent to achieve this.
    3 healers is easier but longer due to the fact that you lose 1 dps.

Naxx is a joke.

I understand that it is a entry level raid, but are you serious? entry level shouldnt mean that u can clear it in greens!!!!!!!!
    Meh. Karazhan wasn't much different. The only people I know who are really thinking naxx is easier than Karazhan was are the people who are in good raid guilds now but werent at the start of BC, honestly.

WE did naxx 10 man last night with 2 healers and only hard part was sapp where we just had to bring in another healer.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

The trick to doing this with two healers is to at least have one class able to off-heal for just this kind of fights. That makes it a trivial fight.

Then again, you could be stupid and go with just pure dps classes (like my group) and end up getting a bit over creative on the strategy with a grand finalle of 1 healer and 2 dps alive to deal with the last two horsemen.

Things that confuse and dont work well:

- "Hey lets do the achievement, melee swap between the melee bosses and ranged swap from ranged ones to melee ones (half on each of them) and then the healers criss cross and just heal wherever". Ended with a : "But I thought YOU was on the left side this time"

- "Hey lets forget that achievement and just let the healers run around like headless chickens"

- "Hey lets just zerge one then the other, that way the healers dont have to run to heal one cause he will be fine by the time the first one is dead, right?" - Works in theory (like others said before me) but does not work when stupid people overaggro and 3 people die. :P

Morale: Don't drink and raid.

I just go respec resto for this fight, and stay resto over saphi for ezmode, then go pewpew for KT (10 man)

not like its expencive to respec

We did it with 2 healers and a retri that simply supports.
    Our Restro shaman heals our warri and we zerg simpel korthazz down and our holy pala heals our hunter and wl tanking the 2 caster. And final the retri heals our feral that's me :X who is tanking rivendare just ez mode

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

I have done it in two ways which seems to work almost regardless of class setup.

Either we burn down thane, where we just have the other tank tanking alone, and a healer with the ranged.
    Or we use a hybrid with the other tank if we dont think we can burn down thane.

From my experince prot palas can actually keep them self alive for a very long time without outcomming healing should it take more then a few switches to burn down thane.

We have always done it with 2 healers a resto shaman and resto druid.

Shaman puts earth shield on the rivendare tank.
    The shaman heals the tank for Thane while you bloodlust and destroy him very fast.
    A warlock and the druid tank Blaumeux and Zeliek, switching when necessary.

This tactic works fine as long as your rivendare tank can stay alive while you kill thane. Once you have thane down its a guarenteed kill.

We managed the encounter with a Priest, Druid, S.Priest and 2 Prot Paladins managing taunts via a hunter. Makes the encounter a little more interesting anyway.

Also, interesting side note: our Druid died on Kel at around 55% (gg) and the priest solo healed to about 18% when he got ice blocked. The whole instance is more about player awareness than anything else, and 2 healers is sufficient for anything.

Regardless of healer class we tend to do it the same way

Melee tanks swap targets - One tank will call the switch each time. When he does; the melee dps with each tank run and the healers run.

On the caster mob we have 3 people(for example me and a mage on blumeaux - lock on zeliak). When the tank calls I'll have been tanking so I run and as soon as I reach the warlock he runs in the opposite direction to relieve the mage. Your healers should be able to heal provided you stand a little closer the mob from halfway.

Classes with pets or any kind of magic reduction are very nice on this fight as they can survive that little bit longer. Also, you have to do the switching dance WHEN the tank calls otherwise things can get confusing with people and their marks.

Imo this is a fairly safe way and we managed it very easily this week when attempting the Undying Achievement (unfortunately dropping clouds on Grobbulus seems to be a bit much for some people).

Quote Originally Posted by Gunthur
    We managed the encounter with a Priest, Druid, S.Priest and 2 Prot Paladins managing taunts via a hunter. Makes the encounter a little more interesting anyway.

Also, interesting side note: our Druid died on Kel at around 55% (gg) and the priest solo healed to about 18% when he got ice blocked. The whole instance is more about player awareness than anything else, and 2 healers is sufficient for anything.
    ya we did it with 2 prot pally and a holy pally. it was kinda funny having the holy pally taunt off 1 tank then having that tank taunt off the other tank and finally having the 2nd tank taunt off the holy pally. was really funny considering we had 2 healers the whole time and the holy pally was 1 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

We've 2 healed it every week since it came out. Also have 2 locks, one funnel tanks and the other drain life tanks.. requires minimal heals. We also stack on Thane and Bloodlust to burn him down before we have to switch =/

Nozero the Undying

Regarding Patchwerk in Nax10.
    I think in a well geared group a druid can heal the whole fight by himself. Yesterday I was the second healer and I dpsed almost the whole time.

At 4HM 2 healers and a offhealing class is all you need, whichever tactic you may wanna use.

The only problem I see is with Kel. If your raid dps is not really good, the addtank will have problems in the end. Not easy, but not really hard either.

Four horsemen is easy to heal,

Three people at the bank (or even 2 ppl) one of them being a healer, and just swap sides when the times comes.

While the other healer is on the tanks are the front.. My teams never had a problem with this strat.

Doing 4H 10 man with 2 healers is alright.

Stick 1 healer and 1 ranged as tanks on lady and sir.

Then have 1 tank on rivendare (no healer needed); rest of the raid + 1 healer on thane, who blitz him, heroisms, etc. When thane is dead, raid move over to rivendare, tanks swap, nuke rivendare. After that pick off lady and sir in ur own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel
    The spec doesn't matter. Survivability is all that matters, not his damage, and as long as he's spamming drain life and Death Coil for clutch extra heals if needed on a switch he's fine.

Sounds like your Warlock just sucked.
    Go look at the Warlock talent trees. If the lock was not Affliction it would be alot harder to heal themself...... Be informed dont just assume they suck.

Myself (ret pally) and a boomkin druid solo tank the rear two mobs for our runs. We heal ourselves and each other as we switch, which allows the rest of the raid to quickly take down the first two mobs.

As Billy Dee would say, "It works every time."
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

We do it with only 2 healers as well. Myself as an enhancement shammy and either a ret pally or boomkin will tank the casters. I dont even put on healing gear, just double earthliving on my weapons and pop wolves if i get behind and need to catch up on hp.

My guild did all up to Sapph with 2 healers, grabbed a 3rd for Sapph/KT since one of our DPS had to leave. We had a warlock and spriest in the back, I was Tanking the front right one and DPS/MT where on the front left. After hero ran out my healer went to the back to help the back 2 people and I would spam death strike and cooldowns until the other tank got there with dps and healer. We managed to get the 1st horseman down before the 4th mark w/ heroism

104H with two healers is much harder than with 3 healers, but not to bad once you have the strat worked out.

The key is to burn Thane down on the 2nd switch to free up an extra player and take pressure off the healers. The rest is cake.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)