Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest S5 Arena Guide

This strategy is hands down the best possible way to play a Shadow Priest in arenas, and applies to all team sizes and brackets.

Step 1: Mount up and run straight into your opponent.
    Step 2: Use Psychic Scream. Throw a SW:P on someone, too, if you get the chance.
    Step 3: Get stunned and dropped to 50% health in the half second it takes your opponents to react to the fear, then hit Dispersion. If you're really good, you can even Disperse before they drop you to 50%!
    Step 4: Jump around in circles until Dispersion wears off.
    Step 5: Throw up a Shield, Prayer of Mending, and (if you're really lucky) Renew.
    Step 6: Proceed to die in the most horrible manner possible. If you were lucky enough to get a Renew off, don't expect to survive long enough for it to tick.

If you can follow all of these steps perfectly, you're well on your way to 1600.

Re: Shadow Priest S5 Arena Guide

Wrong.

Step 1: Mount up and hide behind your warlock/rogue/ret paladin partner
    Step 2: Begin fight by throwing up your debuffs
    Step 3: Realize your dots and debuffs have been removed
    Step 4: Flail Hopelessly and pop dispersion when you get low
    Step 5: jump around aimlessly
    Step 6: Throw shield up and spam SW:P
    Step 7: Watch partner die
    Step 8: Lose 1-20 arena points
    Step 9: ???
    Step 10: Profit
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

omg im crying here..

1/2 cause its so funny...1/2 cause the frustration of playing a ex-leet priest...

shouldve lvled a DK like everyone else

step 1: spec disc
    step 2: bubble constantly and don't bother healing your team mate (what'd he ever do for you)
    step 3: realize you can't ress in arenas
    step 4: bubble untill your dead
    step 5: do not pass six do not collect 15 arena points go straight to bg's
    step 6: profit?

Wait, wait.. You actually have time to throw things up?
    I've tried the 'running behind your partner' thing, but it didn't turn out so well. Maybe if I drop Shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    step 2: bubble constantly and don't bother healing your team mate (what'd he ever do for you)
    i loled!
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    This strategy is hands down the best possible way to play a Shadow Priest in arenas, and applies to all team sizes and brackets.

Step 1: Mount up and run straight into your opponent.
    Step 2: Use Psychic Scream. Throw a SW:P on someone, too, if you get the chance.
    Step 3: Get stunned and dropped to 50% health in the half second it takes your opponents to react to the fear, then hit Dispersion. If you're really good, you can even Disperse before they drop you to 50%!
    Step 4: Jump around in circles until Dispersion wears off.
    Step 5: Throw up a Shield, Prayer of Mending, and (if you're really lucky) Renew.
    Step 6: Proceed to die in the most horrible manner possible. If you were lucky enough to get a Renew off, don't expect to survive long enough for it to tick.

If you can follow all of these steps perfectly, you're well on your way to 1600.
    I cant even get to step 4! making my way to 1400 =(

Deleted

LOL..
    Nice to to know im not the only SP haveing the exact same arena issues.

Awesome guide !

Guys you know what ? resilience will magically balance everything ! LOL ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Awesome guide !

It really will, and when it doesnt blizzard will say hrmm, we are currently looking into this, it doesnt look very good
    I am too old to argue with trolls on the internet, but dammit I can't help myself some days

yeh, Resillence wil fix.. sigh -.- well.. when i finally get good resi gear after being steamrolled for the next few weeks / months.. all Retri / DK / Rogue will have full S5 gear and wtf pwn me anyway..

Ofc i could also just /Afk bg for the next half gear and get full savage gear.. lol -.-

im sticking strictly to pve atm on my priest, when weekly raids n stuff is done i lol around on alts or so.. pvp as priest atm is like doing hc with hunter pets tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Déàth
    It's funny because this is exactly what happened in 3v3 last night. Every single match the first target down was always the shadow priest. After getting face rolled 7-8 matches in a row I just said "I'm done" and immediately respeced. It was too frustrating. Never again.
    thats why i dont pvp and lvl my DK

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    You can rez in arena.

I ran away to drink once when it was down to 1v1 and the other priest did the same. So I thought. Except. He rez'd the lock and I got raped. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    You can rez in arena.

I ran away to drink once when it was down to 1v1 and the other priest did the same. So I thought. Except. He rez'd the lock and I got raped. >_<
    your sarcasm detector is broken mate
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Deleted

L2P Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    You can rez in arena.

I've had that , priest/rogue :x was so freaky.

the only class worse off than priest is mushroom (warlock).
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    the only class worse off than priest is mushroom (warlock).
    No warlocks are more viable than shadow priests for pvp. Shadow priests aren't really viable for any aspect of pvp except maybe bgs, but thats about it.

Not saying that spriests are in a good position at all...but please, for the love of god, realize that you can hit dispersion BEFORE you are about to die. It isn't pally bubble, you can't heal to full inside of it.

Pop it AS SOON AS you know you are getting focused. People blow their burst within the first second or two of switching to a new target. If you anticipate this, and see people running towards you, hit it right before they get there.

It isn't hard to kill someone who becomes vulnerable with 5% health, but it is much harder to kill someone with 80% health without cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Awesome guide !

Didn't Blizz send you the memo? Resilience is the magic pill that will balance out all classes... LOL!

I almost fell out of my chair typing that. The only thing Res will do is make it even harder for shadow priests to kill anything with a lower crit chance and less DoT damage. Might as well make the S5 set bonus, "When ever an enemy player targets you, you die instantly rather than have to wait the 3-5 seconds it'll take for him to actually kill you."