wtb arena feedback

So, any of you already played rated arena? Im incredibly interested in feedback, please also link your spec and explain partner choice.

Also, was it difficult? Is point contest atm tight or its slack mode? Which comp devastated your setup and which you could easily counter?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: wtb arena feedback

I'm not in pvp spec (17/0/54) neither gear... but here's my feedback:

Pros: Chain of Ice and Death Grip own badly casters and hunter.
    My ghoul is nice as a pet and can stun for 3 sec, which can interupt in case of emergency.
    We can do great damage if we have control over the opponent.

Cons: Arena are still pre-wotlk patch, huge burst of damage to win in 2v2 and 3v3.
    Mages are still op with a healer.
    Having a hard time versus some healer since they cast too fast or instant spells.

Will add more feedback later if I can think of anymore

Quote Originally Posted by frozenpatato
    Having a hard time versus some healer since they cast too fast or instant spells.
    Use mindfreeze on non hots, use plague strike on hots.

Doing 2's with a ret paladin and its pretty easy, 21/0/50 is my spec and its amazing, if they focus you pop IBF and renew Bonesheild and runetap, aswell as your paladin can Hand of sac you/bubble, if they focus paladin, you can unleash your dps on the healer, using silences and your pets dps to finish him off, as your paladin bubbles and heals both of you, very strong combo, went 20 and 0 today. Aswell against casters AMS and AMZ is amazing, and if you die, you come back as a zombie, and with my 203 dps naxx weapon, its basically like a rogue wielding a 2her and using sinister strike.

Edit: Fixt

played a couple of games with holy paladin. running in frost with blood for imp rune tap.
    2 caster dps is a hard combo cos he is fully pve geared

iam pretty sure paladin is best partner for DK. (BoF speks for itself) ret or holy - depends on ur skill and playstyle

Resto druids.

Figured i'd try something silly - just get my death runes up and spam plague strike. It worked. He couldn't keep any heals on his warrior and my mage rocked him.

I played some 2v2 as Unholy PvP spec 17/0/54 teamed with a PvE geared resto shaman.

We got up to about 1650 really quite easily, my shaman was quite good so I was able to play the class to it's potential.

At the moment my gear is horrible, about 2600 AP and 22% crit and using a 169 dps weapon. Even so we won most matches easily. The few teams we played that were good, (2k skill rating or so I'd say) we managed to come off about 50/50 with and if I had Naxx gear like pretty much everyone else playing I'm certain we'd have won almost all of them.

Basically, if you got the skillz, you can go VERY far with a Deathknight. Definitely.