Thread: Disc PVP gear

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc PVP gear

im new to disc at 80 for PVP. so what kinda gear should i be looking into getting? it looks like i would want the shadow gear because it has crit on it. am i wrong?

Deleted

Re: Disc PVP gear

No you are right as discipline you'll want the shadow set that has crit on it.

Though I've been thinking is the 4-set bonus that reduces the weakened soul debuff worth it or will it be better to have at least two pieces of both sets, to get 100 resilience from the twoset-bonuses? (I was about to make my own post about this, but might aswell post in this one)

Do anyone know if 2xMooncloth + 2xSatin results in a double 50 resi bonus?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I had the same question, but I think it will, it worked aswell in tbc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    I had the same question, but I think it will, it worked aswell in tbc.
    Hmm I don't think it will. AFAIK it only worked for different seasons in tbc (although I only had my rogue to test there, and he had only 1 set anyway). The different arena sets (blue + the 2 epic ones) don't stack there +50 resilience bonus right now, so I would assume mooncloth and satin don't stack also.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Mooncloth = Gladiator's Investiture (0/5)
    Satin = Gladiator's Raiment (0/5)

So I guess they should.

15+ Year Old Account

Mooncloth = Gladiator's Investiture (0/5)
    Satin = Gladiator's Raiment (0/5)

So I guess they should.
    Then why do I not get the +50 resilience bonus with 1 piece hateful + 1 piece deadly? Both from the rainment set. I only get the +50 resilience from the blue set... *sadpanda*

I know it's a different issue but I still thought I should get the bonus
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Do you get it if you remove the blue gear?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Then why do I not get the +50 resilience bonus with 1 piece hateful + 1 piece deadly? Both from the rainment set. I only get the +50 resilience from the blue set... *sadpanda*

I know it's a different issue but I still thought I should get the bonus
    This is how it works.

Items in the same set (healing, DPS etc.) have a rolling bonus between seasons. So if you have 1 piece S1 and 1 piece S2 you'd get the 2 piece bonus for that set. If you add 2 pieces in S3 you get the 4 part bonus.

However, different 'sets' i.e Shadow or Disc have their own bonuses, so 2 pieces of the healing set plus 2 pieces of the Shadow set give 2 different 2 set bonuses (like warlocks using 2 piece Aff and 2 piece Destro).

There was a row about this back in S3 as classes with only 1 set couldn't stack the 2 piece bonus and were therefore at a disadvantage.

I don't know if it's been changed, but I doubt it. So you can indeed stack the 2 set bonus from Disc and Shadow sets, but you can't stack bonuses if it's the same set but different season.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account

Do you get it if you remove the blue gear?
    Nope, as I wrote when I wear 1 piece deadly + 1 piece hateful I do not get the setbonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Torture
    This is how it works.

Items in the same set (healing, DPS etc.) have a rolling bonus between seasons. So if you have 1 piece S1 and 1 piece S2 you'd get the 2 piece bonus for that set. If you add 2 pieces in S3 you get the 4 part bonus.

However, different 'sets' i.e Shadow or Disc have their own bonuses, so 2 pieces of the healing set plus 2 pieces of the Shadow set give 2 different 2 set bonuses (like warlocks using 2 piece Aff and 2 piece Destro).

There was a row about this back in S3 as classes with only 1 set couldn't stack the 2 piece bonus and were therefore at a disadvantage.

I don't know if it's been changed, but I doubt it. So you can indeed stack the 2 set bonus from Disc and Shadow sets, but you can't stack bonuses if it's the same set but different season.

If you get setboni for 1 piece s5 + 1 piece s6, then why don't I get boni for 1 piece deadly + 1 piece hateful?

Deleted

Maybe you took two different sets without noticing?

So would you guys rather go for both 2-set bonuses, or get the 4-set bonus? what would be more beneficial from a discipline priest pov?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Maybe you took two different sets without noticing?
    Nah, since I bought the healing gloves instead of the shadow ones for the token (kind GM fixed them for me though so I got the shadow ones a few minutes after) I always look 5 times before I buy something that belongs to a set

Deleted

Nah, since I bought the healing gloves instead of the shadow ones for the token (kind GM fixed them for me though so I got the shadow ones a few minutes after) I always look 5 times before I buy something that belongs to a set
    Hehe, I've learned that my way, I accidentally deleted S3 offhand once instead of S1, I'm glad GM's exist. ;D

Nope, as I wrote when I wear 1 piece deadly + 1 piece hateful I do not get the setbonus.

If you get setboni for 1 piece s5 + 1 piece s6, then why don't I get boni for 1 piece deadly + 1 piece hateful?
    All I can think is that they're counting each tier set as an individual set for one season, rather than treating them as 3 different seasons done in one hit, so the season + season stacking won't apply until season 6.

If thats the case, you can potentially stack any of the following for bonuses;

2 parts T1 healing
    2 parts T2 healing
    2 parts T3 healing
    2 parts T1 Shadow
    2 parts T2 Shadow
    2 parts T3 Shadow

So if you want to stack 2 resil bonuses you can pick any 2 off that list.

If people get more info on what stacks then please let us know.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Torture
    All I can think is that they're counting each tier set as an individual set for one season, rather than treating them as 3 different seasons done in one hit, so the season + season stacking won't apply until season 6.

If thats the case, you can potentially stack any of the following for bonuses;

2 parts T1 healing
    2 parts T2 healing
    2 parts T3 healing
    2 parts T1 Shadow
    2 parts T2 Shadow
    2 parts T3 Shadow

So if you want to stack 2 resil bonuses you can pick any 2 off that list.

If people get more info on what stacks then please let us know.

I recon T1 means the blue pvp set and T2 and T3 the epic ones right? If so:

The 2 +50 resilience boni should stack by the mechanic that while the set name is the same, you don't get setboni for having 1 T1/T2 and 1 T3 piece. Logic would assume that therefore having 2 T1 and 2 T2 would give you +100 resilience.

I recon T1 means the blue pvp set and T2 and T3 the epic ones right? If so:

The 2 +50 resilience boni should stack by the mechanic that while the set name is the same, you don't get setboni for having 1 T1/T2 and 1 T3 piece. Logic would assume that therefore having 2 T1 and 2 T2 would give you +100 resilience.
    Exactly.

And yes, I listed T1 as blue and T2 and T3 as the 2 epic sets.

That's how I understand it at the moment. Will be interesting to see if next season there are 3 sets again, because then stacking is going to require a very long list!

Armory Link

Ok so what should i do.. im disc and got 2 pieces of the disc set.. do i go full disc? or get 3 disc 2 shadow pieces for the 2 set bonus for 100 res...? any ideas

Yes because i have 2x mooncloth and 2x satin and i get 100 more resi from the 2 bonuses.
    And to the OP:
    Get 2x satin and rest of the gear should be mooncloth / mp5 and spirit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Devstah
    Ok so what should i do.. im disc and got 2 pieces of the disc set.. do i go full disc? or get 3 disc 2 shadow pieces for the 2 set bonus for 100 res...? any ideas
    You will want 3 disc 2 shadow pieces because you REALLY need as much resi as possible atm.

Resilience and Stam need to take absolute priority in terms of stat building at the moment, which means the double +50 bonus is essential. If you have the points, try and start with the biggest stam upgrades.

Armory Link