Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.0.8 - PTR Build 9386

Quote Originally Posted by Syrek
    Being out-DPS'd by a whole bunch of classes, given same skill/gear level. Including some hybrids.

Provided you aren't abusing a horribly bugged ability.
    You talking about AoE fights or single target fights?

Rogue AoE is terribad, but if you're talking about single target fights...then that needs to be addressed

I'm glad that blizz decided to put ads on the forums, because if they hadn't done that, I wouldn't have learned how to block ads on the sites I frequent, such as MMO Champion. Thanks, Blizz! (and the poster who posted about the "Remove It Permanently" firefox addon)

Quote Originally Posted by sinizuh
    yay for crafted DK weapons.
    yay for paladin healing goggles.
    boo for Death Strike glyph changes. Whole point of Death Strike is the heal, if it doesn't increase the heal, it's pointless (compared to SS and OB)
    It was to my understanding that they were buffing the healing deathstrike gives without the glyph so that glyph of deathstrike wasn't so mandatory in every build.

Quote Originally Posted by sinizuh
    yay for crafted DK weapons.
    yay for paladin healing goggles.
    boo for Death Strike glyph changes. Whole point of Death Strike is the heal, if it doesn't increase the heal, it's pointless (compared to SS and OB)
    Not really, you gotta Death Strike to heal, now you do more damage when you use it. The whole point is to damage and heal.

Small change i noticed. Essence of Wintergrasp icon change.

"Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeVlad911
    If these aren't made BOE by the first week or 2 after the patch goes live, I will be dropping herbalism or alchemy and grinding blacksmithing, make these, then drop blacksmithing. Please note, these weapons don't require blacksmithing or a specilization to use, just BS'ing of 400 to create them.
    2x sockets = 60stam when epic gems are released. BS is nice for tanks.

folk yeh at the weps

The change to Howling Blast is sweet, it was one off the reasons I hated the frost spec, getting a proc from Icy Though and already having a Frost and unholy rune ready and you couldent blow 2x HB after each other sucked.
    New taunt for paladin is also really good, I like

The 2hers should be good for people that won't see Naxx any time soon, but with the addition of the runeforging enchant and the new sigil (which is a 100% 'proc') it's a bit little too late for those of us in Naxx heroic. I'd much rather take a 2her from there that will help toward my threat generation over a craftable.

It's nice though for those of you who either were thinking about crafting a Destroyer or couldn't get the damn axe in HoL to drop.. or couldn't find a non-retarded group that could do the final boss. We've all been there..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeVlad911
    Making the 2 new DK tanking weapons BOP will be the biggest mistake blizzard can make, seeing how every other titansteel weapon is BOE. All serious raiding DK's, mine included, already chose and lvl'd up professions before these were implimented.

If these aren't made BOE by the first week or 2 after the patch goes live, I will be dropping herbalism or alchemy and grinding blacksmithing, make these, then drop blacksmithing. Please note, these weapons don't require blacksmithing or a specilization to use, just BS'ing of 400 to create them.
    Tha'ts most likely at typo at the moment. I'd be very surprised if they aren't BoE when they go live. Otherwise, what's the point? Blizz wanted it to get easier for all DKs to reach the def cap and not only Blacksmithing DKs.

I just have to say that the comic is Epic. Ive had this picture in my head for a long time, before it was made to a compicstrip

Here we go Death Strike nerf AGAIN. Second time in 2 weeks...I told you it wasn't over, I fucking told you>...

Don't be certain that the healing is indeed buffed which should be the case normally.
    But I know how twisted Blizzard can be: it's possible that they buff the dmg of 20% but lock the healing value to it's initial value, I don't understand what clearly Blizzard is doing.
    If the dmg is buffed of 20% before calculating the healing done, which should be the right thing,
    it would mean that the glyph before (as on Live) was buffing the dmg (so buffing the heal), and then buffing the heal again a second time. I would understand such nerf which I never thought worked like that, but it really impact you severly when you are trying to realize stuff, lets take for example solo Onyxia, Molten core and stuff... you take a double nerf in the face kinda hurt... So I would understand this nerf, but it frustrate me, and I dont play this game to be frustrated, nor pay Blizzard each month to frustrate me nor you, for that matter.
    So what ? I was able to solo this boss and that boss, and now I won't be able to do it anymore ? Onyxia well it's so easy that I guess it will be still doable. But for harder stuff hmm. Can't tell you which one I'm talking because I wanna keep exclusivity on my videos.
    But lets take for example, something decently difficult, kill AQ20 Ossirian with the buff 300% up. It's kinda hard with my current set up, if I take this double nerf in the face...I wont be able to do it anymore...Or with a hell of difficulties, depending of how the others change of Vampiric and stuff can work out.

But I hate Blizzard for it, what a lovely christmas present, Can't you just beta test your stuff decently before giving us false hope when we roll a new class? Death strike was my fucking favorite abilitie, and it has been nerfed to the ground, I don't hear many complaints of DKs, because the nerfs we had they tried to make it look like a buff. But now I'm sure of it, my character (tank blood spec), next patch up, is hugely nerfed, end of story.
    "Hey blood dks we want to buff you, because you sucks", my ass, they nerf us even more...

All I feel is that you are gonna heal shit with this... you are gonna be lucky to crit heal at 6-7k...If I smell the coffee as I think it's gonna be.

And hey, guess what ? the 3 glyph I'm using are Anti magic shell, Death strike, Rune strike... All of which are nerfed...( I dont care that the cooldown of AMS go down from 1min to 45sec, the nerf that nobody saw is the glyph 5sec down to 2sec and still the 15sec penality even if the cooldown has been lowered, which if they got a brain, mathematically the penality of 15sec would be 15*45/60=11, so don't tell me Anti magic shell has been buffed it clearly has not in my set up... they wanted to nerf it hard, but making us think they didnt so they throw us bones here and there. Yeah bones, that kinda fit DKs background...)

DO NOT think Blizzard is on your side they are not. They want to nerf DK, they are not finished yet>. It's the first push, of a long long serie. Until you suscribed many more month, to relevel to 80 your main, and stuff it.

Lol at the QQ above...

So the nerfs (to glyphs for christ sake, not even talents) affect your ability to solo onyxia, mc, etc... Omg that should be addressed!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Hah!
    • You are not able to solo AQ20 Ossirian anymore.
    • Onyxia will now have a field day versus Death Knights.
    • Molten Giants will now /point /laugh when engaged by a Death Knight.
    • QQ moar!
    DK's faceroll pvp more or less, so there is no reason for blizzard to not balance it slightly more. If you wanna QQ about nerfs, talk to paladins after patch 3.0.0 went live and the truckload of nerfs that followed it. This doesn't even come close to it. Besides, it's on the PTR now, it's not even live.

Seriously, just quit your subscription if you think it's all a conspiracy to nerf DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fektoer
    the nerfs (to glyphs for christ sake, not even talents)
    You are a fooling yourself if you think gkyphs aren't like talents...they are even way above...each glyph are like a 5 points talent bonus in your talent tree...

And what the hell is doing christ in here ?

You laughed, and I laughed back even harder...

Quote Originally Posted by greven
    Really? Because DKs aren't facerolling everyone except Ret Palas amrite? Because there is the only way of CC? IF you call a chance on reliable CC... But even if you think that's the only thing you add, I recommend you to look at your spell book again.
    First off you need to work on your English because half your shit is horribly written.

Secondly 20% chance every second is a pretty reliable CC for pealing (I don't consider it reliable like a mages sheep and it shouldn't be) but for pealing someone off your teammate with a 10% proc per sec isnt really attractive anymore so the Glyph is useless considering it was very situaltional in the first place...

And wtf is this "Look at your spellbook"????? ..... are you fuking kidding .....are you tryin to be a smartass and say that Strangulate (Silence) is a CC that Chains of Ice(Snare) is a CC or Deathgrip(Distance closer)... do everyone a favour and stfu please because you're so clueless it's annoying ....

The reason ret palis and dks are facerolling is mainly due to PvE gear. When it comes to dks their boneshield and IBF is too strong ATM because it allows them to not worry about wearing resiliance and same with ret palis their bubble is momentarely making them also not have to worry about resiliance.... and if you look at the coming patch there is going to be a 50% dmg reduction while in Bubble and Bone Shield is comin down to 20% and so is IFB which is going to help with this situation NOT SOLVE IT.

And another thing.... its the first season at 80 everone is new to it, people are not PVP geared and noone has enough experience yet either OK... tell me one thing Mr. Genious how balanced was S1 at 70 at the start.... huh tell me ....it WASN'T exactly!!!!! and u can't deny that. With that said, it was only getting slightly better as the seasons went by but something always got fucked up and a comp or a class was OP because that how MMO games are (considering there are both elements of the MMO equaly implamented PvE and PvP like it is in WoW where as Warhammer concentrates more on PvP and it is more PvP balanced)..... so my advice to you is just chill tha fuck out and let the nerfs buffs happen to all the classes. This is something Blizz can't do and never was able to do instantly nor will they ever achieve this unless they make a PVP WoW version and a PvE WoW version (if you want instant balance go play CS: Source and other FPS games) ....

Lastly you can flame me some more and post some other dumb shit that I wont read becaue I'm not revisiting this thread again.

Did this patch come out today ? (at work)

Quote Originally Posted by CKaz
    Then you have way too powerful glyphs - believe it or not most classes have lackluster, if not awful glyphs.
    Cry more, it feeds my sidelined-indefinitely warlock, cry enough and she may yet waken from her slumber.
    I ahve a lvl 76 destro-warlock, 71 resto-shaman and 70 DK. Of the three the warlock has the worst glyphs. Although to say 1 glyph = 5 talent points is WAY too generous I would have to say the glyphs on my shaman and DK are very benefitial and affect his game play considerable and the glyphs for the lock are simply lame.

Warlock:
    Glyph of Corruption - the only glyph that really has a great pay out. It is equal to 2 points into Nightfall on tier 4 of the affliction tree. Since destro relies on corruption or CoA to proc Molten Core I have to say this glyph rocks.
    Glyph of Imp - 10% improved imp damage. I use my imp all the time so this helps but it is rather weak for a major Glyph selection.
    Havent received my 3rd glyph slot yet but the options left are very bleak for a destro lock.

Shaman:
    Glyph of Chain Heal - Awesome of AoE healing
    Glyph of Water Mastery - Nice MP5 bonus
    Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave - Nice Healing Bonus

DK:
    Glyph of Obliterate
    Glyph of Icy Touch
    Glyph of Rune Strike

Anyway thats my 2 cents. My lock is my main ATM but I'm not very happy with the runes she has available.

Are the 2h tanking weapons still going to be bop or was it just some cruel joke in early ptr build?
    Or will all Titansteel weapons become bop and BS only too then for sake of balance?

When does this patch will go live ? please ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Depress
    Are the 2h tanking weapons still going to be bop or was it just some cruel joke in early ptr build?
    Or will all Titansteel weapons become bop and BS only too then for sake of balance?
    The point of them no longer being BOP was to make it fair to all, so it is balanced. They didn't want people rolling smithing just for the sake of a weapon. That's why all professions have their profession specific benefits now, which are boons that no one else can use.

LW - Bracer enhancement / cheap leg enchants
    Tailor - Cloak enhancement / cheap leg enchants
    Smithing - Socket Gloves and Socket Bracers
    Engineering - Belt, Cloak, and Glove enhancements

I may be missing something, but that's the short version.

I did think it was wrong that all warriors (and later retadins) were rolling smithing just for this welfare weapon, considering how easy it was to get... and the new version is STILL easy to get... in fact... far far far easier.