Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Merlodicus

Re: Warlocks PvP tune up

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    every single class can break fear except for other warlocks and priests. Every class can interrupt you while you cast fear.
    Actually if a priest can see you casting fear they can use fear ward (unless it's instant cast Howl of Terror)

Let's not forget dispersion, guardian spirit, and pain suppression for those pain train moments.... We can....pop a HS? QQ on the forums? Take a screenie of the biggest melee smack of the day? Cast something long and pointless? Force more sarcasm into the next two sentences by any means necessary. Let's not forget the biggie...4 pc arena set bonus of .2 seconds off our interupted fear cast upon an immune target in desperation before we die or watch our team get gibbed.

Sub 1% representation in arena...working as intended.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Only what warlock needs is some escape mechanic.
    What about Fire form? Instant cd 1 min.
    You change into fire +200% moving speed break and immune to all slowing and cc effects for 5 secs.

How bout a glyph/talent where if fear is dispelled etc then the dispeller gets a dot or minor 2 second fear?
    (It sounds alot like unstable affliction, maybe just if fear is trinked or somthing?)

15+ Year Old Account

Dunno how BLZ will solve this.

To me there are 2 major problems as our talents look now.
    1: every single motherXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is immune or can break out only defense -- fear. (yea for all forum trolls, warlocks stoped being able to tank about 6 months ago)
    2: survivability (can be linked to mobility if needed. Frankly, mages been mobility and warlocks had other ways arund it and i prefer thats how it should stay in the future as well)

Pet will come in 3rd place. If they fix #1&2 pet becomes less important but since pets are such a big part of warlock it can't be overlooked or it would destroy the class.

One noskill class as Arcane Mages are enough pew pew
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Rolling several dots into Corruption may seem like a good idea, but in practice it would be difficult to implement and probably buggy. Corruption already has issues being refreshed with the proper coefficient and bonus damage when haunt lands.

One spell that powerful would have to come with a cooldown, meaning it couldn't be tab-targeted onto several players (which would keep us from having damage on all opponents and having several siphon life ticks rolling at the same time). Adding that much damage and a cooldown would also make Corruption powerful enough that it would probably be worth dispelling and taking the damage/silence, which is counter-intuitive to the purpose of the proposed changes. Although it would allow us to do more of our damage while moving, it wouldn't help solve the underlying issue of warlock survivability. We get caught whether we're moving or not because of ranged stuns, snares, and speed enhancing abilities.

One change I would like to see made is to make fear work like the cower effect of glyphed Death and Decay. Fear, if it ever lands, has also become counter-intuitive. As it stands now, warlocks are most often targeted first and have to use fear use it to keep people off of them rather than control DPS on teammates or healing on opponents.

Unfortunately, fear has the opposite effect sometimes and is often detrimental to the warlock's overall goal of winning or helping his team win. If you fear someone at range, they either run towards you (obviously not ideal) or run out of casting range, making you run towards them (also not ideal). In either case, it's rare that you can fear an enemy and stand in place to get off your cast-time spells (without taking the risk of fear breaking naturally when the enemy is too close). If the target cowered in place, you could move to max range and continue casting, like almost all other CC (and even like warrior fear). Small change that would have minimal effect on survivability, but it'd be a start.

ive been thinking about this for a while now and the ideas i have come up with are.

1. make are teleport usable in stuns and also remove stuns slowing effects etc.

2. now dks get a immune to magic damage sheild other class have also have a way to absorb damage. we also get one but we have to sum are pet and then sacrifice it. i think we need a immune to physical damage sheild it could work for 6sec and have a 2min cd sounds fair to me

3. we also need a talent that we can spec into to make are dots hard to dispell like has a 70% chance to resist the dispell. cuz atm a priest can sit there all day and dispell.
    I be spaming me dotzzz

I think if rogues use cloak of shadows when they have unstable affliction on them, they should also take damage

Quote Originally Posted by LeWiis
    ive been thinking about this for a while now and the ideas i have come up with are.

1. make are teleport usable in stuns and also remove stuns slowing effects etc.

2. now dks get a immune to magic damage sheild other class have also have a way to absorb damage. we also get one but we have to sum are pet and then sacrifice it. i think we need a immune to physical damage sheild it could work for 6sec and have a 2min cd sounds fair to me

3. we also need a talent that we can spec into to make are dots hard to dispell like has a 70% chance to resist the dispell. cuz atm a priest can sit there all day and dispell.
    Your comment on number 1. is not new..see thread on Demonic Circle

Dont complain about our lack of burst, for god sake dont make a spell that allow you to burst being affli, burst makes pvp crappy (well, burst as it is right now), long combats are way better, the game lacks of survival this days

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFl@mes
    I think if rogues use cloak of shadows when they have unstable affliction on them, they should also take damage
    ^^
    I have thought that for a long time
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

If our target goes out of LoS then our casting of, say sbolt, is interrupted right? How about the same being applied to melee weapons? 3 sec swing time on a weapon, target must be in LoS for the complete "weapon speed" time, then the swing is made, and if you go out of LoS, the timer is reset? They would still have the instant class skills ofcourse, just as we have our instants? /sarcasm

what i hate the most is that melee can run after us while swinging there weapon, y cant locks cast while running? maybe get like a movement penalty while casting and have a talent for increased movement while casting. that would be kinda cool.