Thread: Rerolling DK...

Rerolling DK...

I have played the game since launch, but decided to take a break this summer.

I am in a place where I can play again, and have become very excited about playing again with all of the positive feedback regarding the expansion.

I have played every other class to at least 40, and hunter, priest, lock, and druid to 70. Hence, I want to reroll a DK, as A.) it will be a change of pace and b.) not sure I want to/have the patience to level up to 80 from 0, even with the leveling changes.

I have a few questions, however.

I know that you can create a DK if you have a character that is either 60 or 70, don't remember which (not important as I have several 70's). But I am unclear about what realms you are able to create a DK on. If all of my 70 characters are on "X" realm, and I want to go play on "Y" realm with some RL friends, am I only able to create a DK on "X" realm, or am I able to create it on "Y" realm, or will I have to bring one of my 70's from "X" to "Y"? Isn't 3.0.8 doing something to change this?

Secondly, I have some questions about professions. For most of my characters, I just made them dual gatherers, i.e. herb/skin, mine/skin, mine/herb, but have leveled LWing, Engineering, and Tailoring to max in BC. I know they got rid of MOST of the uber BoP items for professions, minus Engineering, and as such, which profession is truly "the best"? I know with inscription you get the really good shoulder enchants, and with enchanting the ring enchants, and with JCing the 3 prismatic gems. What perks does BSing have? I know Tailoring has the cloak enchants and the riding carpets, engineering the cool goggles, LWing the bracer(?) enchants. But just looking for some advice as to which people like the best, or even some hard evidence that points me toward one or the other. Having 2 crafting professions is not really an option as I gave all my gold away prior to quitting, so I will need a money maker.

Appreciate any help that you guys are able to offer me.

Re: Rerolling DK...

Server X (With 70's) is the only one that can create the DK, but you can transfer DK from X to Y without having 70's there...that way you can give everything you want to him. I suggest sticking with the hunter though =P

Unfortunately, not an option, sold him whilst decked out in Sunwell gear this summer, so as to not to be tempted to raid again. Plus the 800$ was nice.

15+ Year Old Account

i made a DK on my horde server, and my highest lvl on that server is 62. I was under the impression that all you needed was a lvl55 on that server to make the DK. Blizz has also been talking about removing the "on server" part and give you the benefit of the doubt about having a 55 on any server, and making a DK on any server you want.

all in all, your going to have to level a character to 55 on whichever server you want your DK. new accounts cannot make DKs otherwise.
    wyrd bið ful aræd