Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DK anti-class anyone?

Usually its kiting classes that know how DK's work are the tought ones.

Of course, this pretty much applies to any class that knows DK's, and any DK that doesn't know his class can be beat. Leveling my prot warrior in BC-land on a PvP server, and let me tell you i have plenty of DK's death gripping me as im fighting a mob. It sorta funny when that do that...id prefer to be in melee range anyways, and their first disease hit gives me just enough rage for a shockwave. Fun stuff.

then a Dk comes along who knows his class...yuk :P i go down pretty fast. Playing both a DK and other classes helps. And yes, to the poster who spammed DK's are OP, thats what happens when you have a new class and don't understand their mechanics. Learn a Dk, play one for awhile, and figure out how to beat them. You'll start enjoying it a little more when you do that.

well seems as if when i see frost presence i cant even crit for over 1k, so ur saying DK's can go in bear form as a melee?

I've seen many BM hunters owning them pretty bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Any Ret paladin who is wasting GCDs to remove diseases that the DK just puts right back on you with their next attack is going to fail and fail hard at killing a DK.
    On the contrary, dispelling the diseases cuts a significant portion of the DK damage. He's either going to use up runes reapplying the diseases and therefore won't be able to use any of his big finishers or his finishers/heart strike/blood strike/death strike will be doing less damage/healing.

mages. i don't care how many silences or magic mitigating techniques they have, i've never lost to one 1v1.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Any kiting class that knows exactly when to snare & when to use trinkets/abilities/etc. to get out of Chains of Ice when I attempt to cease the kiting. Good Mages and Hunters are definitely the two that come to mind. Sometimes Anti-Magic Shell/Zone as Unholy has allowed me to beat Mages that I've DG'd in, silenced so they cannot Blink, & Chains of Iced. However, most Mages survive through the silence and just rape me.

Next, if it becomes an endurance fight because the Ret Paladin is good then you're going to have trouble. Especially if he cleanses off his diseases so that you cannot use Death Strike to heal yourself -- He'll outlast you with bubble, instant cast FoLs, and you cannot rely on Silence/Interrupt to prevent him from doing it.

Finally, as someone that has played a Feral Druid and now fought two Feral Druids on my DK. A Druid in Bear Form can make you feel like you're hitting a brick wall & Death Strike wasn't healing me for jack so if Scourge Strike doesn't take em down quick enough & they're good at controlling you with stuns/CC to heal themselves. It too becomes an endurance fight in which case you will lose.

Once the PTR goes through, if a DK goes into Frost Presence it will be a lot like fighting a Bear Form Druid only nothing in their arsenal of abilities changes. They just deal 15% less damage while casters will deal 15% less damage to them & melee will feel like they're fighting a Bear Form Druid. Thus, I look forward to seeing how well it works out fighting at least melee classes in Frost Presence when this PTR patch goes live.

This is a horrible argument all in all. DKs are still a new class. People are still getting use to how to play against them and how to play with them. If you are a skilled player then you will give a challenge to any DK. Some people say they have alot of anti-kite abilities but if you time your abilities right you can easly get away from them. For example, if your a mage and you force a DK to Death grip you before you blink then its GG for that DK and the mage should eazly be able to beat them.

Most of the people that complain about DKs being OP are the ones that are awful at there own class and like to make a big deal about it. Also, there are alot of garbage DKs out there that give us a bad name.

Me personally i have found that retpallys (the ones that DO remove the diseases), and ice mages are my biggest problem. But like all classes the garbage retpallys and garbage mages get destroyed easly. And for those that think you can beat mages easly...your probably not playing good ones.

My list of hardest classes for Unholy DK so far:

Mage(frost or arcane - The slows and snares are just too much, add that in on top of massive burst capability and a DK will melt before it's even possible to do 5k damage to the mage.

Paladins(any spec) - A holy paladin obviously will have a hard time killing me, but Ret and Prot both have advantages that I just cant counter. A ret paladin has insane burst on top of stuns etc, and then is able to completely reset the fight by bubbling and healing to full then continuing to do damage while completely immune to everything. A prot paladin I cant do any damage to, but they still have surprising damage capability.

Hunters - Decent hunters are hard to kill if they know how to kite. Bad hunters are e-z-mode.

Priests - Disc priests are a ridiculous opponent. Their PW:Shield and holy damage can whittle you down while you cant do jack to them, and their heals are ridiculous. psychic scream into a full heal while DoTs are ticking away, and death strike doesnt do jack when the priest is bubbled.

Other DKs - can go either way depending on difference in gear/spec/what cooldowns are available.

Resto Shamans - not as hard as priests by any means, but rapid lesser healing waves make them a ridiculously long fight.

That pretty much leaves warriors/rogues/warlocks, none of which I have that hard of a time with.

Obviously a well played class of any class can be troublesome, especially since the DK is so new and I havent figured out every little dirty trick to make a fight go my way yet.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

As a blood tank (yes i've been pvping in tank gear)

mages, resto druids (in arena I can never catch up, in BGs they'll just last till there buddies catch up), prot warriors in bgs to some extent because when your stunned as often as they do your avoidence becomes useless (I'm sure this isn't a big deal for pure pvp/dpsers)
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!