[2v2] Retri : Frost Mage

Today was the first time i've played in 2v2 with a mage. Now i'm very much familiar with some of the classes that have above average synergy with retri, and this is one of the combo's i wanted to test out myself. My friend and i were something along the lines of 19 and 1 (One loss was my fault >.<) ending with 1722 and called it a night since it was late. My knowledge on this comp is that the mage should be arcane rather then frost (deep freeze). I wanted to hear what the community here has to say about how a frost mage instead of an arcane mage will compare in the long run (Mage is gladiator).

On a side note, the very last game we played giving us 17 points and the rating for our boots was against a same server, top guild group and people that i knew. It was really fun ^.^

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...eden&n=Byronyk

Here is my armory, unfortunately, my 2v2 hasn't been updated and shows an old team i played with. (Comment on my spec and gear if you like)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Mcshiggles (Mage's Armory) Also, for some reason his 2v2 is updated showing our arena team.

Re: [2v2] Retri : Frost Mage

He can be either arcane or frost, it really just depends on how he likes to play. Arcane will give you a bit more mobile burst in the form of arcane barrage. But between 2 iceblocks, shorter cooldowns on frost spells, 2 elementals, and ice shield frost gives more survivability.

If you wanna blow up ppl(very easy with ppl with very little resil) arcane, if you wanna kite people around while killing frost.

Only problem playing with mage is really geared resto druids, all through season 3 and 4 they were hard to kill when i had a mage partner because they could just pillar hump and screw his dps.

***Shameless Update***

Anyways, we hit 1809 today and the teams, as expected, are becoming more difficult. I have two questions. One, which pvp cloak (Hit/Crit) are you going to use *Armory at end*. Second, and you get free cookies if you answer this, how do you beat Holy pally/Unholy DK as Ret/Frost mage. Seriously, we went against this combo like 7 times today and won all about one. We focus the paladin, force bubble, reset, kill paladin. That's really our only thoughts on how to beat that team.

Best regards,
    Byron

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eden&n=Byronyk

Just a random question since i'm having a bit of trouble adjusting to arena as ret (always went as holy with a ms warr). In pvp gear i have 2900 ap and 30% crit more or less unbuffed (with 250 resil or so) and I'm planning on running with a frost mage. Which seal to use?

I know the common answer should be seal of command because it's burst damage instead of sustained damage, but im having trouble killing healers (or anything durable) for that matter. If i get a crit judge off it will be around 3.5-4k at the most. Most of the times it's in the lower 3k's. Any decent healer will have no trouble outhealing that. This all changes when i switch on seal of blood and judgement of light (to compensate the life loss from blood a bit). My judge crits on clothies are between 4.5-7k while -every- single hit produces a seal proc that hurts almost as much as an uncrit socomm proc. Right now the sustained nature of seal of blood outperforms the burst nature of seal of command by far, solely because of the higher dps. This is all from experience in bg's.

Is seal of blood the way to go in the current bursty arenas? Because if i look at the savage-hateful-deadly rewards, no way in hell my AP is gonna improve that much to produce 5k+ judgements with seal of comm. And no way in hell i'll be able to nuke a bearform druid, a disc priest or a plate wearer with 25k hp.

Besides hijacking my thread, i think i can answer your question. As a ret paladin in a double dps combo, i do not suggest using SoB/M as your primary dps seal as well as judging light. It's quite possible the health gained from JoL will make up for the dmg lost from SoB/M, but with mana drains and general healing you and your mage partner, you will not have enough mana to compete in an arena. Sure, using SoB/M as a way to break CC is one thing, but for a priority seal, i would not use it.

SoC all the way if your having trouble killing priest,wars etc try and time your judgement,crusader strike with your mages shatter combo. then CC chain HoJ deepfreeze CS then they should be pwnd