Instant FL : Help

Hey guys and gals,

Ive been trying to figure out a way to maximize the usage of Talented Instant FL after a Judgement Crit, or a CS crit in Arena.

I came up with 2 ways to "fix" it in the stress-ish sensation of an arena battle. Both ways are meant to use a macro feature in order to apply in the same button. But i cant test it atm cause i ve no free time from work cause of holidays. I would really appreciate the feedback provided. Thanks in advance.

The 2 ways I thought of:

1: /Cast Crusader Strike
    /Cast Flash Of Light

and

/Cast Judgement of Light
    /Cast Flash Of Light

Now this idea is to keep pressing the offinsive ability's button while the 1st is on cooldiwn and after GC is off the instant FL should pop, it cancels itself on moving so it shouldnt be a big problem but still I dont know if its doable.

2: /Castsequence reset=6 Crusader Strike, Flash Of Light

and
    /Castsequence reset=6 Judgement Of Light, Flash Of Light

This one is what im thinkin to apply if the 1st is not doable, It will count the GC of the first one and it will reset in 6 secs. I picked up 6 sec reset cause it mainly is the duration of most if not all stuns in PvP, plus having the 30% duration decrease from talent should be ok ;p

Once more I apologize for putting this up before testing it, but unfortunately i have 0 time to play now in Xmas and been working really hard but really care to know if any of these help at maxing out this talent and if anyone has thought of any better idea, thanks a lot in advance.

And Merry Xmas everyone

Re: Instant FL : Help

not sure if the first 2 macros work, will just keep casting the first spell in the macro. think the 2nd macro should work (not that good with macros )

personally i wouldnt use macros for it tho, if you just keep FoL on an easy bind you can use it on both you and your partner(s) easier
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

I'm assuming you plan on using it on yourself each time? If so then I use the following macro:

#showtooltip Divine Storm
    /cast [mod:alt, target=player] Flash of Light
    /startattack
    /cast Divine Storm

This allows me to hold Alt and press 1 (the button Divine Storm is bound to) to use flash of light on myself, and if I do not hold Alt then it will use Divine Storm. The /startattack is just there to ensure that i start attacking an enemy when i press the button even if Divine Storm is on cooldown.

Obviously you could replace Divine Storm with Crusader Strike or Judgements, but I use a similar idea to use all my CDs (In a Crusader Strike macro) and to put up a seal (Judgement macro).

Of course I play in PvE, but these seem to work well in PvP as well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanodel
    The 2 ways I thought of:

1: /Cast Crusader Strike
    /Cast Flash Of Light

and

/Cast Judgement of Light
    /Cast Flash Of Light
    This won't work due to the GCD not allowing you to cast them one straight after the other. The castsequence ones should work however.

Do you simply not want to use FoL on a hotkey? I think it's worthy of a hotkey personally, but to each their own.

One great one would be:

/cast [target=player] Flash of Light
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Flash of Light
    /cast [mod:alt, target=target] Flash of Light

Press it to cast FoL on yourself, shift for your focus (if you're doing 2's, set your partner to be your focus), and alt for when you want to target someone specifically.

If you're just using them on yourself whenever it's up, you're going to be overhealing a lot, wasting mana, not healing anybody else, I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. A mod that shows you when Art of War procs may help you. I use Tell Me When, it's pretty sick, and very customizable.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Awesome,

Thank u very much for the time u put into this and the great advices. Much appreciated and Im gonna try this addon to be able to keep a track on Art Of War in an easier way. I do understand now that it would be a waste of mana if using this with no reason if in example im at 100%.

Thank u again, pretty much what i needed as info!
    Merry Xmas