CoD doing the same damage on level 80 as it did on level 70. Why?

Hi,
    how come that CoD does nearly the same damge on level 80 as it did on level 70?

I was playing fire destro on level 70, so my CoD didn´t profit from demonic sacrafice. It hit bosses with somthing between 10 and 12k damage.

Now on level 80 the basedamage of CoD was raised from 4k to 7k.
    So why is my CoD still only hitting for something between 11 and 12k damage?

Re: CoD doing the same damage on level 80 as it did on level 70. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Borak
    Hi,
    how come that CoD does nearly the same damge on level 80 as it did on level 70?

I was playing fire destro on level 70, so my CoD didn´t profit from demonic sacrafice. It hit bosses with somthing between 10 and 12k damage.

Now on level 80 the basedamage of CoD was raised from 4k to 7k.
    So why is my CoD still only hitting for something between 11 and 12k damage?

no ISB, no Misery, no Shadow Weaving. that's 35% less damage right there.

just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul
    no ISB, no Misery, no Shadow Weaving. that's 35% less damage right there.

just a thought
    No demonic sacrifice if you were 0/21/40 back when as well.

15+ Year Old Account

CoD suck to put it simple.
    If you got the talent to include CoA (and hopefully Immo as well) there is no reason in hell to use CoD.

Its simply more damage, not by much but still more. As long as you dont find it hard to include CoA in your cycle, don't use CoD.

Edit:
    It's more damage due to Haunt. If you'r some !"¤"#@ that can put up CoA but think Haunt is hard, go for CoD

Edit #2:
    Glyph of Agony suck, yet again it's about management. If you find it hard to keep the cycle up with CoA use it, but beware that its not a big dps-increase compared to other glyphchoices
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Actually I use CoE or CoA. I think CoA is better if someone else put up CoE. Not only because of the damage of CoA. CoA gives you every 2 sec. a chance to let your trinket or molten core procc.

But I was wondering why the damage of CoD is still the same.
    Maybe you lose 20% of damage because of missing isb and misery.
    As I said, I was fire destro before and so I didn´t have this 15% because of sacrafice.

But the basedamage of CoD has nearly doubled and I got like 800 spelldamage more then on lvl 70.

Did they change spelldamage scaling on CoD, too?
    Otherwise I thinke there must be something wrong with CoD.
    It´s pretty useless right now.

Actually I use CoE or CoA. I think CoA is better if someone else put up CoE. Not only because of the damage of CoA. CoA gives you every 2 sec. a chance to let your trinket or molten core procc.

But I was wondering why the damage of CoD is still the same.
    Maybe you lose 20% of damage because of missing isb and misery.
    As I said, I was fire destro before and so I didn´t have this 15% because of sacrafice.

But the basedamage of CoD has nearly doubled and I got like 800 spelldamage more then on lvl 70.

Did they change spelldamage scaling on CoD, too?
    Otherwise I thinke there must be something wrong with CoD.
    It´s pretty useless right now.
    do the math: 35% less damage.

-20% for no ISB;
    -10% for no Shadow Weaving
    -5% for no Misery

simple

13k eviscerate/sudden death procs and warlocks still can't use CoD in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    13k eviscerate/sudden death procs and warlocks still can't use CoD in PvP?
    That´s exactly what I thought, too.
    11k instant Ambush, Druid hitting me for 10k while I´m stuned and after the stun he has 5 cp on me and finshes me with wild bite for 11k instant, although I got SL.
    But WLs still can´t use CoD in PvP, wich would be disspelled anyway half of the time. oO

To the damage of CoD:
    Ok, 35% less damage because of missing/changed Raidbuffs...
    But it should still do more damage as on level 70.
    The basedamage has nearly doubled and I´ve got like 30% more spelldamage.

Seriously, there is something wrong with that spell.
    Althoug it became pretty useless in PvE anway, because of trinkets and molten core proccs.

That´s exactly what I thought, too.
    11k instant Ambush, Druid hitting me for 10k while I´m stuned and after the stun he has 5 cp on me and finshes me with wild bite for 11k instant, although I got SL.
    But WLs still can´t use CoD in PvP, wich would be disspelled anyway half of the time. oO

To the damage of CoD:
    Ok, 35% less damage because of missing/changed Raidbuffs...
    But it should still do more damage as on level 70.
    The basedamage has nearly doubled and I´ve got like 30% more spelldamage.

Seriously, there is something wrong with that spell.
    Althoug it became pretty useless in PvE anway, because of trinkets and molten core proccs.
    I dont want to use an ability with a 60 timer before it deals damage... considering every other class can do more than that in 5 seconds
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Other than most of the reasons above, we also forgot old Amplify Curse talent. 50% increase in damage.

in another thread someone mentioned a swiftmend style idea for lock dots. let us use CoD and swiftmend it on someone for burst once a minute. if u used CoD in pvp no way it wouldnt get dispelled in 60 seconds anyways by a mage, shaman or druid.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara