Thread: Heigan:D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Heigan:D

Fun trick for Heigan:

Run with baddies.

Use said baddies' corpses to mark where to run.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Please elaborate, every time I down this in a PuG it's usually me and 4 regular guys who usually come aswell who survive, sucks doing this whole boss 5 man every damn time.
    The safespot exploit been ingame since the level 60 version of Naxxramas.
    If you don't know it, and can't find it, you shouldn't use ask for it.

But it's pretty lame those guilds that use it, it's sooooooo easy to dance.

hehe i remember one of the raids when we brought unholy DK for the first time. with his aura everyone was running 15% faster and like half of the raid died on first dance because they were running too fast and getting caught in next fire xD
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Why are you using lag as an excuse for dieing? Go look at a vid, or WoWWiki, hell, first page has all you'll need. Stop following the tank and figure things out for yourself, don't blame the lag. (Depending on how bad it is, as, some people saying they can't follow the tank, vs real lag problems)

Stop trying to get carried though already easy content.

Some people just can't seem to get it. I doubt it actually is purely skill related too. For example, one of our best raiders just can't get through this fight. On ever other fight we ever done he usually is the first to "get it" and never does a mistake again. However this fight he just can't get through. I usually tell new people to use his corpse as a marker

Never got why it was hard, I even dps while moving (you get 1.5 seconds to cast between booms)
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Heigan is a joke. We did it in 25 man with a 20 second lag and still managed to keep all but two alive. Lag for death here is no excuse.
    "Old Gods Die Hard"

15+ Year Old Account

Simple problem. Lag.

Lag of any kind is the #1 killer of people in the Heigan encounter. It always has been and it always will be.

Try this as a trick. Have one of the non-tank melees bring some flares to the fight. As the fight starts, drop a flare for each safe zone you go to. Then it's just a case of going to the flares in a timely manner during phase 2.

If at that point your raid members still don't get it, then it's either lack of a good connection or severe lack of intelligence. I'd start asking people what their connections are like or if their video cards can support the raid. Hope that helps!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The movement during Heigans Platform blink is simple. People tend to make it more complicated with numbers, flares, calling people names etc. Simply put the only resource you can use to determine where the flame waves are is you.

1. Entry door area is the initial safe zone run to this area when Heigan blinks and immediately turn around.

2. Look where the green slime comes up and goes down. When down, run to the crack where the flame wave was.

3. Repeat across the room.

4. When you get to the other doorway, immediately turn around so that you can see where the last flame wave was.

5. Repeat across the room to the initial starting area.

Do not follow people, use bugged tactics etc. The movement is easy once you get people on board.

I love it when people feel they are so pro and shout the "dance number" in raid on 25 man. Something like "OK, if you die you are retarded, it is simple 4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-1-2-2-1-4-5 repeat. OK PULLING"

Yeah, I agree with pretty much everyone else. Just stick it out and once everyone learns the movement of it, it's actually a very easy fight. Today we have 3 people do it that had never done it, 2 of them were melee [which is the trickiest part imo] and nobody died. Just stick to the tank like glue and you're golden.

If people are lagging, well, tough shit, no real way around it if you're lagging, it's a fight that requires fast acting movement with accuracy, fall short and you're going to come damn close to dying, overshoot the mark, samething.

Thankfully it's pretty hard to get 1 shot from running through the flames, you're looking at 12-15k damage, most classes should be able to survive it, so you can have healers carry people through that fight if they're good enough, just makes the encounter annoying when you have 2-3 healers having to chain cast on people as well as the tank.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

By wipe two or three, your fast learners will figure it out and can lead everyone better. By wipe five or six, even the slowest learners should have grasped it. Even in 10 man, if one or two people can't get it, don't fret. You can down Heigan with less then 10 people, Healers have plenty of time to regenerate during Phase 2, so as long as a good chunk of people can go without getting hit too many times during Phase 2, you can down it with a few slowpokes dead.

@ Previous post

We did it with 2tanks, 2 healers and 1 dps alive after like 60% and down to 0% you can go on forever if you have some dancing skills
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Heigan can be truly epic struggle, once we lost most of the dps at 75%, only tank, 2 healers and 1 lock were left alive and then we just danced for 28 minutes to get the boss down

heigan can be done even with 400+ms lag

all you need to do is keep running and dont stop when you reach the 4th section turn around wait 1 sec and keep running

that always helps me

Tried the fight in a 10 man on Saturday. 10 tries and only 1 person could dance, the person that did Naxx a lot at level 60.

Tried the fight again in a 25 man on Sunday. We had 4 Locks put portals to mark each zone. 4 tries and only a few could survive through phase 2. None had any experience with the dance except a few of us that were in the 10 man the night before.

Guess we are all retards because it is far from easy. : I'm sure we'll get it with enough tries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankette
    Tried the fight in a 10 man on Saturday. 10 tries and only 1 person could dance, the person that did Naxx a lot at level 60.

Tried the fight again in a 25 man on Sunday. We had 4 Locks put portals to mark each zone. 4 tries and only a few could survive through phase 2. None had any experience with the dance except a few of us that were in the 10 man the night before.

Guess we are all retards because it is far from easy. : I'm sure we'll get it with enough tries though.
    If you're marking the zones out and still having tons of people die during the dance you need to tell your raid to engage their brains as it should not be difficult for them to run to the marker, wait for the big eruption, then run to the next. If they are unmarked i can understand as people might not know the zones so they might be slower to react to where everyone else is running, but having lots of people die when they are marked out is poor form and just means people are being dumb and lazy.

My worst case of this was when some retard pug actually had the gall to tell me i needed to move quicker (i'm was the tank) between eruptions so his auto follow wasn't lagging behind in eruptions during p2. He got a swift boot out of the group needless to say.

clicky for armory

thats the key to the fight right there!
    Ishammael - Undead Warlock - Cho'Gall

pew pew lazers!

the biggest mistakes I've seen people make, and usually lag isn't one of htem

1) they follow. If you follow you will die, it's that simple
    2) overcompensate at the ends, 1 or 4 if you're counting. If you swing to far out, you don't have enough time to get back. Typically these people will die midfield (sorry for the wsg lingo here, but it's appropriate) because they survive the initial and can't make up the distance. The step from 3 to 4, and from 2 to 1 is a small distance, just take a cuople of steps and turn around.

Its pretty easy for my raid... with feral swiftness I have to actually stop between every eruption so if someone sees where I am stopped they know where they have to get to.

I admit I will eat a flame occasionally on the slow dance due to the tank making it really hard to shred heigan in a safe spot, but the healers are bored in the slow dance anyway.

turkeyspit

Videos shmideos.

The only way to not die in this fight is to practice. Some people will pick it up really quickly, some take 2, 3, 5 tries...some will never get it (those are the people who -shouldn't- be raiding).

Once you get it down though, the encounter is cake.