Thread: Heigan:D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Heigan:D

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    The only way to not die in this fight is to practice. Some people will pick it up really quickly, some take 2, 3, 5 tries...some will never get it (those are the people who -shouldn't- be raiding).
    This is really it... it just takes a little practice. The *lava* shouldn't one shot you so bring some health potions or stones if you are worried about it or think you might struggle with latency.

You can dance if you want to...
    You can leave your friends behind...
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Loliiten
    @ Previous post

We did it with 2tanks, 2 healers and 1 dps alive after like 60% and down to 0% you can go on forever if you have some dancing skills
    Been there, done that. Hell, I had my gun break once at 31% and meleed him to death (rest of my gear was at 50% - I blame the Volley bug).

Embarrassing, but the fucker died. :P
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Lag is not a problem.

At worse it slows down the dance speed so it can confuse you if you're used to dancing faster, but it will never cause death due to some difference between the location you see on your PC and the location you really are on the server. I can explain why if you need boring details, but just know that people arguing lag because they die are lying to you

Just be sure you don't bring keyboard turners in your raid and then keep practicing.

Remember the closer to the platform you stay, the smaller the safe zone is.

It's all about practise. When we started, we had two people that already knew him from the old version and could do the dance in their sleep. Everyone else died sooner or later.

We're still far from the achievement but many, myself included, can at least dance it to the degree of only standing on the border of the erruption, which deals bearable damage. Anyone new to the encounter is sure to die a few times though.

Videos can only prepare you that much, you have to get a feel of the pattern yourself. And as others said, don't follow someone else. If you can heal, don't stop to do so, ever. If you can throw some instants without losing focus, the better, but you need to focus on dancing. If someone dies in this stage it's their fault, not yours.

Using flares is a great idea for learning the encounter though, but try not to rely on them too much.

This fourm is funny. It took me one failed attempt before i understood the dance and the next night when we did it 25 man I was pro at it. The biggest thing i payed attetion to were the cracks near the platform he was on.

Anyways yeah this guy is so easy one guildie 2 maned the 25 man Heigan. Tank and heals is all it takes.