Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How would you fix warlock PvP?

Myself:

- Demon armor changes the armor bonus from cloth pieces to that of mail according to the item level of each piece of cloth.
    - Demonic portal teleport now teleports you to your demon. Summon portal removed from the game. Breaks stuns and snares.
    - Shadowflame disarms. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds. Made single target.
    - Soulshatter now reduces all physical damage taken by 90% for 6 seconds.
    - Pets scale with 80% of hit, crit, spell pen, stam, intel, spell power, resilience
    - Fel domination now 1 minute cooldown

Re: How would you fix warlock PvP?

- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling, due to the following post:
    "- making ur pet stronger than a warrior and getting bladestorm and all those cool attacks and yea dont forget that the warlock should get 2 talent points instead of 1 every level."

Deleted

The problem of Warlocks in PvP are just Physical Melee. Lets see:

-Mages and Hunters can prevent damage with kiting the melee a warlock can:

-skill imp fear : -30% runspeed after fear
    -CoE slows for -30%

the Problem is - a warlock lose damage if he CoE a enemy AND rly important its a affliction talent so destro or demon warlocks dont reach it. So maybe CoExhaustion for ALL warlocks.

OR

A Damage Reduce OR Anti-CC which need our Demon (would be a reason to kill the demon first and would make sense because a warlock is a pet class).

Maybe a talent that increase Soul Link transferation for 10 sec for additional XX%

or [OP ALARM] as long as u have Sl active your demon share CC effects with you and the duration is split on the warlock or demon.

Every one of this talents would be negatet if u lost your demon. So it should not that OP

Deleted

I don't understand why I would want to teleport to my demon.

delete the rogue class? works for most pvp issues imo

Nether Protection also affecting physical damage. For other trees I really don't know, sorry, but Destruction is the tree I like and it's the worst handling melees.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh
    I don't understand why I would want to teleport to my demon.
    Because bliz are not going to just buff the crap out of locks, there needs to be some challenging mechanic to it (they have already said they don't want another blink), and I think this could be a good one. It removes the need to have something ready, and if you really want you can park your pet near by and it will work the same as the old.

Coming from playing a warrior, I can tell you disarm has very limited effect. Many people are immune to it (wep chain), and many more people will have reduced effects from it. (ie 50% reduction in time, or DK still can use spells).

From my point of view, locks had their survivability in that they had lots more HP than the other casters, but it seems the others have caught up to us, so one thing would be to once again give us a big edge in HP.
    (In both 60 and TBC my lock was just below my warrior prot spec for HP, and above my warrior arms spec pvp)

They could make CoE a tallent point that adds the speed reduction to all of your curses.

Finally, its hard to think of any speed bost that would just be a copy of another class, but I think locks need a good speed boost. Run speed after fear doesn't really count, as you have to cast fear 1st, and usually when you wanna run, it is because you don't have time to stand there and cast something.

As soon as I aw the title of ths thread on the mmo main page I had to respond because how incredibly stupid it is. Fix warlock pvp? Since when in the history of wow has a warlock NOT been OP?

Fear dor fear dot fear dot fear dot till the target is dead. The only legit threat is a rogue.

As a paladin here is what happens. I attack, get feared. I trinket, and immediately feared again. I bubble, in the meantime the lock has started to run away. Can';t heal myself because I have to chase him. By the time I catch him the bubble is gone, just in time for a third and final fear before being dead.

Oh and did I mention the Sl/Sl spec where they mitigate damage to their demon as if they had plate on, so even if I manage to get to them I hit them for nothing even with 3500 AP.

If your a warlock and can't defeat anyone by hitting those two buttons(fear and dot) over and over, your bad and should uninstall and try everquest or something.

In conclusion, yes, fix warlock pvp, put them back down at the cult's level by hittng them with the nerf stick.

I would have to say you are a terrible pally, you can cleanse all but 1 of the lock's effects, and if specced holy, you have a chance you become 30% resistant to the magic Dots. fear lasts 10 seconds, you pop trink, 5 seconds, you bubble, 2.5 seconds, WORTHLESS spell to use until after the 15sec CD on DR. If you're a ret pally, you most likely took Sanctified Wrath which ups HoW crit chance and AvenWrath CD and 50% ignoring absorbance effects.
    lol, lock pets can take 20% of the lock's damage, and that's not much, if you're against an SL/SL lock, you fucking take out the pet, fastest way to kill the lock. especially if a melee/magic class. you fail

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    As soon as I aw the title of ths thread on the mmo main page I had to respond because how incredibly stupid it is. Fix warlock pvp? Since when in the history of wow has a warlock NOT been OP?

Fear dor fear dot fear dot fear dot till the target is dead. The only legit threat is a rogue.

As a paladin here is what happens. I attack, get feared. I trinket, and immediately feared again. I bubble, in the meantime the lock has started to run away. Can';t heal myself because I have to chase him. By the time I catch him the bubble is gone, just in time for a third and final fear before being dead.

Oh and did I mention the Sl/Sl spec where they mitigate damage to their demon as if they had plate on, so even if I manage to get to them I hit them for nothing even with 3500 AP.

If your a warlock and can't defeat anyone by hitting those two buttons(fear and dot) over and over, your bad and should uninstall and try everquest or something.

In conclusion, yes, fix warlock pvp, put them back down at the cult's level by hittng them with the nerf stick.
    Ya, http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/playe...ll/all/all/all clearly proves its so hard for you pallies. Faceroll more plz.

I was thinking maybe a low tier talent that included nether protection so that all specs could get it. Additionally, the nether protection should affect melee and all magic. This would offset those stuns and 2-shots, and still keep the way a warlock is played. Warlocks have always been hard to take down and should continue to be that way. Not free HKs.

have you been hiding under a rock since 3.0.2? not only does sl/sl not even exist anymore, but in general locks have gotten absolutely raped, even blizz has admitted to such and have said they are going to do something for locks in the next few patches. if you really cant beat a lock, then i would suggest 1) speccing ret and bursting one down in approximately half a second, or 2) rerolling a rogue

P.S. "dot" is not one button, nor is it actually a spell, but in fact more like 4 different ones

from what GC has said so far, there won't be any small changes, they are going for a huge makeover, so i'm waiting to see what they do while I get stuff for my tank,

Death Coil, 30 seconds cooldown.

perhaps remove the damage component if needed..

If you really think that will be overpowered now.. less cluelessness, more l2p please.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was deathcoiled in PvP, it's like warlocks are nonexistant, and when there IS one, I am usually capable of trinketing the spell after 1 second..

Uhhhh wow where have you been? locks got nerfed. if we got the nerf stick now then we are screwed in every sense of the word. i mean god i cant even imagine how they can nerf us anymore. but still thanks for the post it made me laugh at how clueless you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Dude I honestly feel bad for you. It would be terrible to live with such little brainpower. I don't even play a lock and I am very well aware that they are getting clusterfucked in arenas and BGs. Any paladin who is having trouble with a lock is obviously not someone who we want to be listening to about how to balance locks. Hammer of justice much? Even by the time they trinket the stun they're probably half dead. Blizzard will fix locks, somehow. I can only hope for the warlocks out there (there aren't even many left cause of the sad, sad state the class is in...) that the changes are enough to make warlocks a viable PvP class again.

Q: How would you fix warlock PvP?

A: Reroll Death Knight

*rimshot*
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Locks are in the condition they're in today not because we have changed but because the world around us has changed. We were meant to be a cc class ( I know funny right), but diminishing returns/ class abilities have grown as such that we simply no longer have the ability to do so. Of course this was all balanced back in the day because we dealt dmg with our dots, meaning after the cc was over and done other classes had the ability to fight back and put up a fairly balanced fight. When BC came out we already knew that our cc was shot to crap but it didn't matter much because blizzard simply buffed our survivability and luckily for us this was the day when resilance, dmg mitigation, and heals were king ( hence why sl/sl dominated the arena). I think its only now in wrath we are starting to see the world( of warcraft) as the harsh, cruel and unforgiving world it is because no longer in this world of burst can we thrive. I would believe that now we are so far gone any class changes would only serve as a band aid at best and unless sweeping changes to the whole pvp system are made we wont find our place for a long, long time. I conclude that blizz is taking so long with our class changes because they're simply trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. My idea for change, put simply, roll death knight; the game was balanced around 9 classes and it looks like its gonna stay that way. 4 years with a lock main *flush*

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Fail less.

^^
    Genius!

But seriously use your lock for PvE and level something else for PvP.... Id say a rogue since they will always be OP in arenas... Blizzard seems to not care about that
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.